Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dixon, MO, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Monsalvo
Member #

Quarantine blues discussion for the MO people here!

How is everybody coping right now? Anybody bummed out like me, not being able to go anywhere, do any venturing right now?

This Stay home, shut down, no groups, no travel thing is just the worst thing ever for those that want to get away. I understand the why we need to do it, but it is depressing none the least. The logic behind keeping us in a sickly populated area, and not allowing us to get away from civilization, seems backasswards. :mask: My brain hurts from the misfires when I think about it. LOL!! I guess the chance of breaking down, or getting hurt in the wilderness, means others have to put themselves at risk to help you. That thought alone, helps me deal with being stuck at home, and seeing all my gear sitting there, collecting dust.

Our trips, and get togethers for this spring, have all been cancelled. We are staying positive that we can still do our Ouray CO trip at the end of August, but that positive thinking, gets chipped away a little each day. I feel bad for the locals that depend on tourism dollars, but they also don't want sick tourists coming to them. That has to be real hard to deal with. Anybody know anyone in that situation, and care to share on that subject?

Anybody done backyard or drive way camping yet? For those that have, do the Neighbors think your nuts yet? :tonguewink:
Lol
I’m dying out here to get out. Every time I bring it up to the wife to get out she reminds me of the stay at home order... dang it.

I’m very ready to get out. Our event that we were supposed to go to at the end of this month got pushed back to Memorial Day.

Expo got pushed back. Rendezvous Campfire got canceled. It’s frustrating. Worst thing is seeing people I know still going out, but I can only keep me and family safe, you know?

Anyways. Haven’t camped at the house yet, but getting very tempted to. If the weather can comply. This 80-30 degree drops every few days sucks!

Reactions: Broke and Gmanpaint

Molander

Rank 0

Contributor I

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Banana
Last Name
Man

How is everybody coping right now? Anybody bummed out like me, not being able to go anywhere, do any venturing right now?

This Stay home, shut down, no groups, no travel thing is just the worst thing ever for those that want to get away. I understand the why we need to do it, but it is depressing none the least. The logic behind keeping us in a sickly populated area, and not allowing us to get away from civilization, seems backasswards. :mask: My brain hurts from the misfires when I think about it. LOL!! I guess the chance of breaking down, or getting hurt in the wilderness, means others have to put themselves at risk to help you. That thought alone, helps me deal with being stuck at home, and seeing all my gear sitting there, collecting dust.

Our trips, and get togethers for this spring, have all been cancelled. We are staying positive that we can still do our Ouray CO trip at the end of August, but that positive thinking, gets chipped away a little each day. I feel bad for the locals that depend on tourism dollars, but they also don't want sick tourists coming to them. That has to be real hard to deal with. Anybody know anyone in that situation, and care to share on that subject?

Anybody done backyard or drive way camping yet? For those that have, do the Neighbors think your nuts yet? :tonguewink:
Fellow STL resident here- I haven't done any urban camping, but I've been keeping myself busy with my 80 series project. Hopefully it will be ready by the time quarantine is over!

MPLMNT

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Etobicoke, Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
Dragan
Last Name
Grubesic
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZI

I hear you!

No back yard camping here yet, but it is on the to do list. Never a shortage of things to do around here kid, dog, house and yard work and lucky to still have work (self employed) so I feel fortunate there especially since I am severely allergic to boredom.
I am spending a lot of time I typically would spend outside dreaming up routes to take and camp spots to go to. Cleaning and organizing equipment. Studying for my HAM test and watching endless adventure and overland videos, how-tos etc.
Bending wires for St.Louis Million masks drive and doing material deliveries and pick ups. Anyone needing to keep their hands busy I highly recommend getting involved. Plus it makes you feel like you are helping and that really is a good feeling.

KC_Rover

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Kansas City
First Name
Branon
Last Name
McMichael
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0VZY

I hear you!

No back yard camping here yet, but it is on the to do list. Never a shortage of things to do around here kid, dog, house and yard work and lucky to still have work (self employed) so I feel fortunate there especially since I am severely allergic to boredom.
I am spending a lot of time I typically would spend outside dreaming up routes to take and camp spots to go to. Cleaning and organizing equipment. Studying for my HAM test and watching endless adventure and overland videos, how-tos etc.
Bending wires for St.Louis Million masks drive and doing material deliveries and pick ups. Anyone needing to keep their hands busy I highly recommend getting involved. Plus it makes you feel like you are helping and that really is a good feeling.
Good luck on the Ham test!

I’ve been doing the same, taking inventory of our equipment and doing maintenance

About to set up the tent once this rain passes.

KC_Rover

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Kansas City
First Name
Branon
Last Name
McMichael
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0VZY
I asked my mother to quarantine hard for 4 weeks, as we did, to make sure that we were all covid free. Finally the day came we traveled across the Kansas plains to visit, before mother's day.

Nice! This flint hills are beautiful. Konza Overland has a great google map with tons of stops on it for your way back.
Look up Konza Overland on Facebook and check out the files section.

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

I asked my mother to quarantine hard for 4 weeks, as we did, to make sure that we were all covid free. Finally the day came we traveled across the Kansas plains to visit, before mother's day.

Nice! This flint hills are beautiful. Konza Overland has a great google map with tons of stops on it for your way back.
Look up Konza Overland on Facebook and check out the files section.
I'm on that page already , but haven't been active due to life.

Reactions: Broke

probablytheguy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Rion
Last Name
H
Member #

Fellow STL resident here- I haven't done any urban camping, but I've been keeping myself busy with my 80 series project. Hopefully it will be ready by the time quarantine is over!
St. Louis city 80 series as well. If you ever need a hand I'm pretty worthless but can hold a beer and a flashlight pretty well.