Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I think, and that is the way it should go to my opinion, is that @Michael and @Corrie decide. So, if they have seen this, then they probarly will make some suggestions and from there we can give our opinion on that. And then they decide, as we of course will not agree all together. Hehe.
So, I hope they react soon and give their point of view and end result.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

Drengr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Griz
Last Name
Grzywa
Member #

Personally I think it's cool that people all over the world are enjoying the same hobby and using the same decal. I would have a hard time believing I am the only one of us with at least one sticker on our vehicle letting everyone know we are a Vet, what branch, and that we like our guns. Thank you all for your volunteering to serve your country, the world appreciates your sacrifice. I just don't think it's our responsibility to have everything made to recognize us over everyone else. Our actions that make us better should do that. My .02

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Sent msgs before to Michael corrie and the general info email.....They are busy, which as we all know with a group, no, a worldly group, is a hand full, besides the day to day, you got everyone and their mother needing things, breaking things, what have you, your busy, then you have a job to do besides taking care of all of us.....Honestly I dont see how they do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriotT4R

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Sent msgs before to Michael corrie and the general info email.....They are busy, which as we all know with a group, no, a worldly group, is a hand full, besides the day to day, you got everyone and their mother needing things, breaking things, what have you, your busy, then you have a job to do besides taking care of all of use.....Honestly I dont see how they do it.
Since becoming involved as a Representative, I have gotten a glimpse into just how much effort takes place behind the scenes... and I am only seeing about 1% of it. There are hundreds of issues every day that come up in the background and need administrative input/decision making. I have taken the stance that, like many other ideas that are floating out there, this will get it's day in the spotlight.

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Most Militaries these days are using a tan or brown pattern. So my 2 cents would be to keep the bronze color you have, or a desert tan color.

If the badge itself will only be available to veterans of their respective countries, You could simple put the words " Military tested" or " here's to heroes", etc.

It can be proved that they are military by sending a confirmation to a military email. we all get one when we join.

Jeepjk16

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor I

Panhandle FL, USA
Member #

That sticker or badge would really be sweet to have, especially 15 yrs USN and still going strong! Send me something to purchase something like this and I'd rock it on my ride with pride. Semper Fortis

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I like the idea of having stickers like this on the vehicle...it helps identify people. If I was at a campground and needed help with something and out of all the vehicles around me one had a USMC sticker, I'd definitely stop there first because I know the person would be helpful and could handle biz. If I had a hole in my inflatable raft, I'd go look for a USN sticker....

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
If I had a hole in my inflatable raft, I'd go look for a USN sticker....
LOL come on man, the Navy would laugh at you and your little dingy...LOL

Sorry couldn't help it....

I agree with you.

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: Jeepjk16

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I would have a hard time believing I am the only one of us with at least one sticker on our vehicle letting everyone know we are a Vet...
Not sure about other countries, or even every US state, but I know every state I've lived in (about a dozen) has at least one type of veteran or active duty license plate, even if it's just a DMV decal attached to a regular plate. In TX, there's many kinds to choose from and they don't even cost extra. All you have to do is provide a copy of your active ID or DD-214.

Reactions: Drengr

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Well if this comes to bear fruit I'm sub'ed. I'm a Marine but currently a contractor with the Dragon Lady so I am still always with the military.

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I like both these ideas. Active/Vet all should have a VA/ID card that would show the name, can block off other info.

I have yet to hear anything on getting these made...Will ask again.

Jim
I am a vet and I don’t have a VA card as I don’t use it.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
I'm not sure I'm going to advertise that I'm an ex Serviceman for all the "nut-jobs" to use me or my vehicle as their next target.
I honestly think that is more of a UK issue mate. Certainly not interested in sticking veteran in my Landy, they are targets enough without making it more so and in some countries it might be better not to advertise you are ex military.
And anyway their are plenty of other ways to advertise you are ex military than with OB
But I’m ok with a subtle addition to your patch and a badge on the forums