Illinois, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Novack
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0VLV
A general officer was touring the middle east while complaining about the AF. An Air Force Master Sargent finally had his fill and asked the General to look up. The general retorted why, theres nothing there. The Master Sargent replied, Your welcome, that Air Superiority.

Feeling the love, love the banter!!!

Alan_Hepburn

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Jose, Ca USA
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Hepburn
A general officer was touring the middle east while complaining about the AF. An Air Force Master Sargent finally had his fill and asked the General to look up. The general retorted why, theres nothing there. The Master Sargent replied, Your welcome, that Air Superiority.

Feeling the love, love the banter!!!
Inter-service rivalries are interesting - we say things to each other as a sign of brotherhood that, to a civilian, seem downright nasty. And if we hear a civilian try to repeat our banter watch us come together to truly eviscerate that civilian!

Lost Viking

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Illinois, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Novack
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0VLV
Inter-service rivalries are interesting - we say things to each other as a sign of brotherhood that, to a civilian, seem downright nasty. And if we hear a civilian try to repeat our banter watch us come together to truly eviscerate that civilian!
We defiantly fight like siblings with a heavy dose of respect.

Reactions: Alan_Hepburn

TNjohn

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Kingston, TN, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Caudle
Member #

On the subject of banter between the branches... several years ago when I was working security at a large country nightclub in East TN the security guys and a couple of the waitresses were all screwing around with each other. We had multiple representatives from the REAL military branches and even a Puddle Pirate from the Coast guard working as bouncers. The waitress that was involved in the shit talking was an Army veteran herself. We were all laughing and cracking jokes about each of the branches and a customer that was listening to us decided to tell a joke about the Marines. I laughed and asked him what branch he was in. He laughed and said he wasn't in the military. The 8-10 of us standing there went instantly silent, and surrounded the "kid". We scared the shit out of him and I explained to him that it's not a good idea to crack jokes on the military especially to a group of veterans when you've never sported a uniform. I told him, "we may talk shit about each other but we don't let non-military talk shit to our brothers and sisters." He apologized and walked off. We all started laughing and went back to shit talking. LOL