Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Well, splendid idea. As in the USA and the UK veterans are really having problems due the way your countries go.
And I just think that aint right. A bit more respect should be in order.

Actually, I think here in the Netherlands we dont have much of an awareness about veterans. This is mainly because of the good social climate we have here, that veterans are just going on with their lifes and have no shortage of money, homes, or health care.

Maybe a bit of awareness wouldnt be wrong.
I served 5 years at the Royal Airforce, and in that time only Libanon was a country were our Army soldiers went. So, I was never deployed across europe. Only to Germany.
The only threath we had was the RAF (Rote Armee Fraktion) Bloody enough, but way different as the world now.

I would suggest a really simple decal. The Overland Bound emblem with the word Veteran on it.
That would be good for all the veterans in teh world, Navies, Airforces, Armies.

Just my two cents on this matter.

I hope I can buy one soon, and I hope Iam allowed to buy one. Maybe Iam not veteran enough.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Hello folks,

Well, splendid idea. As in the USA and the UK veterans are really having problems due the way your countries go.
And I just think that aint right. A bit more respect should be in order.

Actually, I think here in the Netherlands we dont have much of an awareness about veterans. This is mainly because of the good social climate we have here, that veterans are just going on with their lifes and have no shortage of money, homes, or health care.

Maybe a bit of awareness wouldnt be wrong.
I served 5 years at the Royal Airforce, and in that time only Libanon was a country were our Army soldiers went. So, I was never deployed across europe. Only to Germany.
The only threath we had was the RAF (Rote Armee Fraktion) Bloody enough, but way different as the world now.

I would suggest a really simple decal. The Overland Bound emblem with the word Veteran on it.
That would be good for all the veterans in teh world, Navies, Airforces, Armies.

Just my two cents on this matter.

I hope I can buy one soon, and I hope Iam allowed to buy one. Maybe Iam not veteran enough.
sorry I’m a veteran and I lived 13 years in the Netherlands, I am an member of Bond van wapenbroders in Groningen.
There are many veterans brothers of mine from korps mariners, and the army who are suffering badly from Sarajevo and other tours in Afghanistan. I speak to them weekly and the PTSD support is better than UK and Canada but not to write home about.
I’m now in Canada and see the difference.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Sorry about what? Because I dont have all the info you do? That is no reason to say sorry about.
During my time there was not much about PTSD.
I think in no country is that a highlight. But, and I guess, you will agree, our social safety net is way better as it is in the UK or the USA.
Maybe we dont have that much knowledge about PTSD, but help is there.
And you will be able to get help.

Other thing, if you dont know the inside story, you just dont know this in the Netherlands. It isnt an issue as it is in other countries.
So, our veterans arent a openly known part of our community. We just dont know.
Good or bad? I think bad, in a way. But Good as there are no such reall terryfiyng examples of veterans who live on the Streets or have other difficulties.
Because of our social safety net, they are in care, how good that care is, I cant say.

Thanks for the intell @Fozzy325

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Fozzy325

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

So, are you thinking a decal that celebrates the armed forces or something that has a military feel to it? Problem I see with the first is that this is an international site, so there are a lot of different militaries to acknowledge. Maybe the logo in a sorta camo scheme?
Just jumping in with an idea ... there is one recognizable trait among all Militaries U.S. & International Coalitions that is the "Salute" in one form or other. I'm not an artist by any stretch of the word so maybe somebody can render an example. What do you all think?

Reactions: Russell Peters

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

I decided to play around a bit with ideas... I tried to get it to say "CULTUS ET EXPLORARE" at the bottom where the Outfit and Explore text was, but I don't have great graphic design skills... This is what I got so far though:
View attachment 71899
Could you add a statement on the bottom portion like "We Salute all U.S. & Coalition Forces" the patch is an awesome representation.

Reactions: John Lime III

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I think, all veterans, all soldiers, are equal. The enemies of yesterday are the allies of today, And vice versa. But in the end it is about recognition of all veterans.
Good or bad is just two sides of a coin.

Salute is great, so I would suggest Salute to Veterans. Nobody is then left out. And it is about Veterans.
And it will work out fine for all OB Veterans, not only the ones in the US, or their coalition partners.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

So what about the Navy and the Airforce or is it just the pongoes that get recognition ;-)
Sir, that shouldn't be a factor Military Service is Military service regardless which branch you served or MOS. I served Active Navy first then, National Guard, Army Reserves and Active Duty Army retired in 2011. Been deployed 3x .

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Just jumping in with an idea ... there is one recognizable trait among all Militaries U.S. & International Coalitions that is the "Salute" in one form or other. I'm not an artist by any stretch of the word so maybe somebody can render an example. What do you all think?
Like this?
4C0EEEC1-7FC4-4898-99B7-DC6B5AC94065-15957-00000FC129C6AA79.JPG

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Sir, that shouldn't be a factor Military Service is Military service regardless which branch you served or MOS. I served Active Navy first then, National Guard, Army Reserves and Active Duty Army retired in 2011. Been deployed 3x .
I think he was just commenting on the picture with the soldiers with back packs and rifles. He was also not being serious, It was good old British sarcasm.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

I think he was just commenting on the picture with the soldiers with back packs and rifles. He was also not being serious, It was good old British sarcasm.
Roger Sir understood ,,, it was a valid point anyway you decipher it … we were and are all soldiers here ,,,, we share a common bond and sarcasm is one of them.

Reactions: Fozzy325

91B/91S

I like both these ideas. Active/Vet all should have a VA/ID card that would show the name, can block off other info.

I have yet to hear anything on getting these made...Will ask again.

Jim
When I ETS’d out of the Army, I received a DD-214. Not sure what you mean when you say VA/ID card. Those who retire receive a card and receive privileges at a military post.

RAPTR6

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Gavin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Overwatch
Service Branch
Army
Why not just post a copy of your ERB/ORB on your truck if you’re that concerned with making sure those around you know you’re a vet? Ooh or one of the OIF/OEF veteran decals.

Jon Tyler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas City, Mo
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

It would be a good idea to have an OB Veteran identifier in some way. It would be cool if a portion of the proceeds went to some form of program that supports assistance with veterans. As a veteran and former Veteran Service Officer I know that there are some good programs out there that would benefit greatly from even the slightest bit of help.

RAPTR6

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Gavin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Overwatch
Service Branch
Army
Or if you’re that concerned with making sure those around you know you’re a vet, post a pic on your profile.
Or I added that when I first signed up because it was around the anniversary of the TF Blue guys killed during phantom fury and never bothered to change it as it’s a personal reminder to me. And after looking around seemed like a decent bunch I wouldn’t have to worry about.

All I’m saying is a vet sticker is no different than a Mary Kay sticker rolling down the road. It helps you figure out who you want to associate with but can quickly leave a bad taste in others if they’ve had a bad experience with you/your company. It can make yourself a target of opportunity for those that dislike the military as well.

Most of us are taught our entire careers to keep a low profile and not to expose yourself without reason. As soon as joe snuffy gets a 214 or a blue card they wear the hat, shirt, bracelet, and tag their vehicles with every award, deployment, mos/asi they’ve ever earned.

My advice, take it as you will, if you’re dead set on some sort of veteran identifier I would come up with a sticker/patch that depicts the heritage of the group itself and add in something very subtle or subdue it. Why do you think unconventional units run around with either funny or meaningful patches that nobody knows off rather a trident or long tab? You knew who they were by their appearance, how they carried themselves and their actions.

Your actions should always speak louder than the medals on your chest.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
This is gone farther than it needs unless somebody actually authorizes and prints a decal, When I started this, the whole thing was just a simple addition tot he standard OB decal, either a Military, Veteran or ?? instead of the Southwest, North or whatever on some now. The other thought was a Humvee in center and no military/veteran designation....

Sadly as I stated before, everyone has a ton load of stuff going on and not complaining but just saying, I get no reply to emails, PM's and pigeon msg's I have sent, so until we got an OK, there is no need to discuss a million different versions of the decal.... unless you realize we are just talking and BSing and not actually having any production in the near future...

Great to talk and chat, so that part is great! Just be aware no decals anytime soon.

Jim

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

This is gone farther than it needs unless somebody actually authorizes and prints a decal, When I started this, the whole thing was just a simple addition tot he standard OB decal, either a Military, Veteran or ?? instead of the Southwest, North or whatever on some now. The other thought was a Humvee in center and no military/veteran designation....

Sadly as I stated before, everyone has a ton load of stuff going on and not complaining but just saying, I get no reply to emails, PM's and pigeon msg's I have sent, so until we got an OK, there is no need to discuss a million different versions of the decal.... unless you realize we are just talking and BSing and not actually having any production in the near future...

Great to talk and chat, so that part is great! Just be aware no decals anytime soon.

Jim
The Design you had provided is excellent! Looking at your perspective I think your right. Even I had mentioned a few suggestions, your design alone with the soldiers should be adequate and speaks for itself. If someone asks the significance of the decal then that individual can explain in their own words what they think it represents. What kind of support do you need from my end to get this started?

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
The Design you had provided is excellent! Looking at your perspective I think your right. Even I had mentioned a few suggestions, your design alone with the soldiers should be adequate and speaks for itself. If someone asks the significance of the decal then that individual can explain in their own words what they think it represents. What kind of support do you need from my end to get this started?

Well it being an OB decal we need approval and then I am sure we would need to get artwork or something to the printer who does the OB decals now......

Jim

Reactions: PatriotT4R

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Well it being an OB decal we need approval and then I am sure we would need to get artwork or something to the printer who does the OB decals now......

Jim
Jim ... I'm guessing the approval would need to come from Michael could be wrong though. Its possible he could point us in the right direction. As far as the printing goes again may need approval from Michael to see if we can use the same company who prints his stickers. Then there is the funding aspect need a plan to raise the cost of materials & services & distribution. I'm new at this sort of thing so just guessing right now. By the way SOG on your screen name what does that signify could it be military affiliated?