Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

After we had a really great Mid Europe Spring Meetup in 2022 with lots of attendees and the feedback was consistently positive, I've been looking again for 2023 to be able to use the beautiful campground for a weekend for another meetup.

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Awesome. Great to hear that you are back around this time. Can't wait to see you all again. Will there be some workshops again?
Happy to distribute something...

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Wow, so many registrations already. That's cool. About the workshops: Thore @XC70_OVERLANDER has already offered to do another workshop on the very important topic of First Aid. Thank you very much for that. So, this time we will try to get a CPR training dummy for the weekend, then we can practice CPR. Great!

More ideas and contributions are welcome. Thank you!

XC70_OVERLANDER

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
I also thought that I could do a little workshop regarding environmental ethics and this mindset concerning leave no trace. We could talk about different aspects of outdoor ethics and what’s the benefits or downsides of those aspects are.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Hello, regarding workshop topics,
I'd like to invite everybody to pick a topic that would be interesting to hear about and write it into a comment.
That way we would be able to think about it and find someone who is willing to contribute.
It could also be a topic where you want an open discussion/debate with the other attendees.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello, regarding workshop topics,
I'd like to invite everybody to pick a topic that would be interesting to hear about and write it into a comment.
That way we would be able to think about it and find someone who is willing to contribute.
It could also be a topic where you want an open discussion/debate with the other attendees.
I like that idea! Thanks, Mathias.

So at our last virtual meetup we have already spoken about:
  • CPR training
  • environmental ethics and mindset
  • (typical) technical breakdowns and repais/ bushfixes

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

A topic that I'm working on right now is hot air heaters, especially Chinese diesel heaters as I just ordered one.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
A topic that I'm working on right now is hot air heaters, especially Chinese diesel heaters as I just ordered one.
Cool. That is also a good topic for a discussion round with exchange of experiences. Do we want to limit this to air heater or general heating/ staying warm in winter camp?

Reactions: NotGumby and MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Cool. That is also a good topic for a discussion round with exchange of experiences. Do we want to limit this to air heater or general heating/ staying warm in winter camp?
Staying warm is a topic on its own in my opinion, so I would limit it to heaters / heating systems.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Wow, we have reached the maximum possible number of attending rigs. This makes us 20 vehicles and 31 attendees. That is absolutely great.

We will have great round table talks/ workshops throughout the saturday again - the following is planned:
  • “Comms” group discussion and sharing of experiences
  • "Outdoor ethics" talk
  • "Heating solutions” group discussion and sharing of experiences
  • and I will try to arrange material for a CPR training, maybe it will work, we'll see.
My big thank you goes to @MazeVX and @XC70_OVERLANDER who volunteered to help with some of the workshops/ talks. If someone else is particularly well versed in a topic and would like to contribute, then that is of course also welcome. Just let me know.

Like last year, I will provide all attendees with important information and details shortly before the meetup. I look forward to seeing you all in May!

Bjoern

XC70_OVERLANDER

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Wow, we have reached the maximum possible number of attending rigs. This makes us 20 vehicles and 31 attendees. That is absolutely great.

We will have great round table talks/ workshops throughout the saturday again - the following is planned:
  • "Outdoor ethics" talk
  • and I will try to arrange material for a CPR training, maybe it will work, we'll see.
My big thank you goes to @MazeVX and @XC70_OVERLANDER who volunteered to help with some of the workshops/ talks. If someone else is particularly well versed in a topic and would like to contribute, then that is of course also welcome. Just let me know.

Like last year, I will provide all attendees with important information and details shortly before the meetup. I look forward to seeing you all in May!

Bjoern
Awesome. Super stoked about it.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E

• "Outdoor ethics" talk

Bjoern
Awesome. Super stoked about it.
Don’t go “Bananas” !

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
So room for two?
According to the RSVPs in the RP, yes. Why?

However, I have already spoken with the administrator and registered the number of people, so we should not deviate from that so far in the short term, please.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Soon our spring meetup will take place again. I am happy to see that so many members have signed up again. We now will be 17 rigs, 27 people and a few dogs. Everyone who has signed up has received a message with the meetup details and how to get there. Everything is organized.

Look forward to a meetup with lots of good conversation, great people, barbeques, campfires and much more. Also a few workshops and round table discussions are organized again. This time we have

- Comms group discussion and sharing of knowledge and experiences with (radio) comms
- Overlander heating solutions round table and sharing of best practice examples
- Outdoor ethics talk
- Basic Life Support, CPR and 1st aid massive bleeding treatment talk and training

Thanks to everyone who volunteered for these workshops and talks.

I am looking forward to the meetup and wish all the attendees a good journey to the meetup.

See you on Friday!

Bjoern