Mexico Belize Border Crossing Information

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

California
Hi all. I just released a video about my wife and I's experience crossing the Mexico Belize border with our truck and our dog. Most of our videos are more story telling, but since many travelers are concerned with border crossings I tried to make this one a bit more informative while still fitting into our general travel series that follows our overland journey from California to Panama.
You can skip to 1:20 on the video for when we enter the border zone.
Any questions? Ask.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hi all. I just released a video about my wife and I's experience crossing the Mexico Belize border with our truck and our dog. Most of our videos are more story telling, but since many travelers are concerned with border crossings I tried to make this one a bit more informative while still fitting into our general travel series that follows our overland journey from California to Panama.
You can skip to 1:20 on the video for when we enter the border zone.
Any questions? Ask.
You two do the best vids on traveling. I really appreciate your content. I've been on the road a long time, in a lot of places, and been in a lot of situations, but have learned a lot from your vids in Mexico and Central America. I have a LifeSaver Jerrycan 20000UF and accessories because of your great vids.

So, thank you for this one, too!

Road

Reactions: OKT4RCPL

Enthusiast III

California
You two do the best vids on traveling. I really appreciate your content. I've been on the road a long time, in a lot of places, and been in a lot of situations, but have learned a lot from your vids in Mexico and Central America. I have a LifeSaver Jerrycan 20000UF and accessories because of your great vids.

So, thank you for this one, too!

Road

That is really cool to hear. We try our best to give an honest representation of what we do and hope that it is entertaining and useful to people.
It's encouraging that an experienced traveler like yourself found them enjoyable and helpful.

Reactions: Road

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

That is really cool to hear. We try our best to give an honest representation of what we do and hope that it is entertaining and useful to people.
It's encouraging that an experienced traveler like yourself found them enjoyable and helpful.
Absolutely. You guys have solid, honest experience in extended travel I know a lot of people will find interesting. I know I do.

If interested, you might want to get in touch with Alison at Overland Expo about doing a presentation of your travels, or being part of a roundtable on traveling in Mexico and Central America, a tips and tricks and experiences good & bad sort of talk, or workshop on the same. They put out a call every once in while for upcoming Expos (applications for Expo West in a couple weeks are closed). Alison runs that part of things. My friend Cyan is the cat wrangler in charge of volunteers, if that interests you more. It's a terrific experience and enthusiastic crowd.

Let me know if you'd like more info or links, or if there is any other way I can be of help.

Let's meet up, too, sometime when in the same part of the world. I'd love it.

Road

Enthusiast III

California
Absolutely. You guys have solid, honest experience in extended travel I know a lot of people will find interesting. I know I do.

If interested, you might want to get in touch with Alison at Overland Expo about doing a presentation of your travels, or being part of a roundtable on traveling in Mexico and Central America, a tips and tricks and experiences good & bad sort of talk, or workshop on the same. They put out a call every once in while for upcoming Expos (applications for Expo West in a couple weeks are closed). Alison runs that part of things. My friend Cyan is the cat wrangler in charge of volunteers, if that interests you more. It's a terrific experience and enthusiastic crowd.

Let me know if you'd like more info or links, or if there is any other way I can be of help.

Let's meet up, too, sometime when in the same part of the world. I'd love it.

Road

Are you going to Expo west?
We got "traveler passes" and will be going for the first time this year. We said we would be willing to do any talks or round tables that they wanted us for, but we didn't get any response on that front. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had everyone they needed by the time we knew for sure we would be able to make it to the event.
Anyway, we are excited to be going and seeing it for ourselves and looking forward to meeting people and learning from everyone there.

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Are you going to Expo west?
We got "traveler passes" and will be going for the first time this year. We said we would be willing to do any talks or round tables that they wanted us for, but we didn't get any response on that front. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had everyone they needed by the time we knew for sure we would be able to make it to the event.
Anyway, we are excited to be going and seeing it for ourselves and looking forward to meeting people and learning from everyone there.
Not sure on West yet, as my daughter graduates with her degree on the 12th and Mother's Day is the following day, so it would be a hard fast ride to drive to Flagstaff from the Maine Coast to be there by Thurs-Fri. When I go I love to do the whole deal. Having Traveler's Passes is pretty cool.

Was just going over videos from 2017 Expo East and was getting excited to be among folks I've met both at the Expo and on the road. Expo West is a couple times larger than East, which was huge in itself (over 150 vendors, tons of interesting classes and presentations, and just an amazing number of campers and bikes and rigs), but more intimate in the sense of being able to get around and visit and get to know a lot more people at after parties and firerings, etc. It fired me up, for sure.

Yes, they may have had things pretty well locked up for presenters and round tables by the time you knew for sure, but I'd fill out the application for East if you think you'll be available. It's in Nov this year and at a new location. I'm thinking about submitting a couple proposals for presentations/workshops.

Make up some cards or third-sheet handouts with your you-tube channel and such if you don't have any. I regret not having cards to pass out at East last fall.

If I don't see you out there, have a blast!

Enthusiast III

California
I'm getting excited for sure. I've heard so much about it. I think it's going to be a great time and a great opportunity to learn from other people.
Good call on the business cards. I designed and ordered some stickers, but forgot to do the cards.
Well, if you don't make it out to west, then maybe we'll meet next year at east. I don't think we'll get to east this year.