Launch Member

Contributor II

Rockwall, TX 75087, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Morris
Member #

The previous rig was stolen a couple of months ago and tonight I was finally able purchase the next build...2012 GX 460. I know its not most peoples first thought when we think of overlanding vehicles but after a lot of research into many other vehicles, I've learned the GX's are more than capable off-road.

Ive got a Toytec 3" lift and Total Chaos UCA's ordered along with 17x8.5 Icon Compressions (bronze) with 285/70 BFG KO2's. I'll definitely post more photos in the next week or two after everything has been installed. We have our first trip of the year scheduled for the first week of March!

Immediate future plans for the tuck are sliders and a rear tire carrier...most importantly though...just getting the family out of the house and into creation!05AAE7B3-DFA0-419A-9635-EBAD20CE392B.jpeg15D7EB8B-E502-418D-A122-24CA9A2E1C02.jpeg

U

UgotWheelz

Well it's time to move on from #OverlandRS FocusRS, before the build quality issues become reliability issues. It's been 3 years and really haven't been that impressed by it. So far it has only had a few minor mechanical issues but the value vs loan amount and the dooming issue of reliability means I need to move on. This is for full time overland life. I really don't want a jeep, pickup, or large SUV and my social media was based around this car so I am looking for suggestions on a crossover/small SUV that can tow a lite camper trailer (under 2500lbs) and be offroad dependable. In the end I may be forced to go with an Econoline camper van just to hold all my stuff; and I did spend my entire youth in one every weekend and school break. But coming from high performance hatchbacks, road racing, rail buggies, and rally cars I was hoping for something sportier. Yes I can sleep in this.GMIR6586.jpeg
This was with the 3" lift and Wildpeaks removed to prep for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9Mike2 and Temudjin

viveen4wd

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Calle Oeste, Landete, España
First Name
daniel
Last Name
vilar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ea5rc
This is my 95' nissan terranoII. We lift 4cm with arb suspension, mounted 30" tires, the roof rack is DIY, the drawer system too. This little rig is our overland machine.

Attachments

Reactions: Temudjin
U

UgotWheelz

The Terrano 2 was known as the Nissan/Dancia Duster in countries I am familiar with the larger Terrano was the Pathfinder in USA, I thin yours is the Terano 2?? Cute little ute reminds me of some of the Suzuki offerings.

viveen4wd

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Calle Oeste, Landete, España
First Name
daniel
Last Name
vilar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ea5rc
The Terrano 2 was known as the Nissan/Dancia Duster in countries I am familiar with the larger Terrano was the Pathfinder in USA, I thin yours is the Terano 2?? Cute little ute reminds me of some of the Suzuki offerings.
Yes, this model was not sold in use. After the TerranoI (Pathfinder) Nissan launched the Xterra in the USA and the Terrano2 in Europe. And later the model was separated into the xtrail and the patfinder (on the d22 chassis)

Reactions: UgotWheelz

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

Fletcher8969

Rank VI

Advocate III

Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Fletcher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LHU
I tell myself I’m a Toyota guy, my friends think I’m a Toyota guy, and even my wife calls me a Toyota guy....but deep down an H1 Alpha is what I secretly want....ssssshhhhhhhh
There is probably some overlap then... I have a 4runner too. lol

Apoclapedia

Rank IV

Advocate I

Moha, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Right now I mostly run my ‘92 Ranger. But I also have an ‘85 F150 and i just got a ‘94 F350 which is going to be my new project.

My Ranger has a 4.0L engine swap, 4” lift, 2” body lift, locked front end, flatdeck, front and rear bumpers with tow points, a one ton crane and its on 33” BFG mud terrains.

Attachments