Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hey guys. New here. Not a Jeep, Toyota or LR but I have an '18 Ford Raptor that I'm hoping will spend a lot more time off road than on. Mostly stock now but I'm in the process of getting it outfitted. So far the biggest mods have been leveling the front, on board air and more money than I'm comfortable admitting in Baja Designs lighting. Have a set of 17" Method 305's waiting to go on. I'm currently looking for a bed rack that will allow me to use a roof top tent. Any suggestions you guys have is absolutely welcome!

View attachment 103137View attachment 103138
Welcome and you have a vey nice rig going there. The three vehicles you mentioned are legends in their own right. Ford also has built many legends and they wont quit till it's done. Good choice my friend, I'm turning green..

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Jumped off the Jeep bandwagon last fall, after almost 30 years and bought a ram 1500. I liked it so much that I traded that for a 2500 diesel. Just need to get rid of the 20" wheels for some 17/18".
Whats wrong with the 20" wheels you have ?
The disk brakes you have now may not allow for a 17" wheel. ?????

Haminacan

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbia City, Indiana
First Name
First
Last Name
Lastname
Member #

From what I read it is 17" minimum. The wheels on it now have 0 offset so they make the truck about 8" wider than it needs to be and 17" tires are cheaper, better for airing down without popping a bead and more rubber to absorb obstacles without hitting the rim or pinching the sidewall. I also like narrow tires and would like some 285/75r18 toyo at. 35x11 pretty much.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
From what I read it is 17" minimum. The wheels on it now have 0 offset so they make the truck about 8" wider than it needs to be and 17" tires are cheaper, better for airing down without popping a bead and more rubber to absorb obstacles without hitting the rim or pinching the sidewall. I also like narrow tires and would like some 285/75r18 toyo at. 35x11 pretty much.
I get it. I have an older 1984 Ram 250 4x4. I have 265/70r/17 on it that came off a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500. I'm changing over to a 305/R 70/16 for the same reason. I want more cushioning and better back spacing because the new wheels are 10" wide versus 8".. I will gain about 1 1/2 " of height as an added benefit.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Somewhat new here. I have been traveling for quite some time. I have the JKU and the 4runner is the wife's new rig. Getting ready to head to AZ from MO. Looking forward to meeting up with some like minded folks.
View attachment 104633
Will you be moving or just visiting AZ? So many places to wheel here - you will love it. Remember slow and steady here in the desert.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I really like your setup. I, too, have the struggles of fitting everything into a 2 door JK. But I love this thing.
I had a hard time ever moving on to a 4 door anything. 6 kids changed my mind pretty fast. I never let a 4 door keep me from going where I wanted too. Just a few more maneuvers took care of that..

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Up northwest of Prescott enjoying the cooler weather. Starting to build it out now that I have moved to Tucson.
I love the Prescott area. Tucson is much like El Paso weather wise, and that is too hot for me now that I'm older and less tolerant of the weather. But you have to live where you make a living and cant always live where we really want to. Another reason to be an OB person, it keeps you sane.

Reactions: Graeman