Launch Member

Member III

Discovery Bay, CA.
First Name
CJ
Last Name
H.
Member #

My name is CJ and live in Livermore, CA. I own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee on 35's, 6" Clayton long arm kit, custom NP 231 TC, Eaton E-locker front, Sparton locker rear, Trail Ready front bumper, Ramsey 8k wench, Ken Mountain rear bumper w/ tire rack, plus more. I've been wheelin for 50 years and still enjoy getting out. Looking forward to meeting more people who enjoy hitting the trails and camping.20161105_171425.jpg

Tinsel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Launceston Tasmania, Australia
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Theisel
Member #

Hi all. I'm Chris from Hobart Tasmania. I'm new to 4x4 but very excited for the drives I have already done in my little state. I own several cars but my offroader is a 2006 Suzuki Jimny which is still pretty much standard apart from Dynapro AT tyres fitted. Big plans for it and many trips planned and not just in the Jim but my other few cars. Have taken my S1 to places I really should have used the Jim and hopefully I'll amuse a few of you along the way. Looking forward to reading your stories and builds along the way.

PeggyC Sharp

Rank 0

Contributor I

saxsa
That is not to say that you should overindulge on exercise days, only that you ought to eat a bit more than usual, if you intend to go to the gym for a workout.

Neight

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

El Cajon, CA
Member #

Hi, my name is Nate and I'm from Southern California. Just starting out with my rig, its a 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk, totally stock. Planning on fabricating an overland(ish) trailer out of a small truck utility bed, hoping to pick one up this weekend actually. We're a family of 4 and expecting the 5th so I'm going to need a base camp bigger than the Jeep itself. Thanks for having me aboard.

Reactions: SLO Rob

UnkieRich

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sanger, TX
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
My avatar pic is the only one I have so far. I bought my current rig 2 days ago.

2) Location (General area is fine)
I work in Dallas, TX; but, I live in Sanger, TX (50 miles North of Dallas)

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Most of my experience has been running trails in my just traded in 2015 JK. I decided I am getting too old for the extreme trails and wanted to slow down and enjoy the journey to the moderate trails :)

5) Wans't one of the original questions; but, I thought I would answer why I joined
I just found the podcast today and listened to most of them on my ride home. Coming from the world of Wrangler's, I always hated the snobby attitudes of "the only REAL off-road vehicle is (insert the model of Wrangler the person had here)" So the thought of a group of people that won't hate on my WK2 was awesome. I don't have to pretend to hate FJ's, and if I see a cool Land Rover I can actually tell the person nice rig! This forum sounds AWESOME!

Thanks for having me :)

Reactions: jrbechthold

atIOIYIOI

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingston, Ontario
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3BWR
Service Branch
Fire Rescue
Hey! Bruce here from 4LowLife, you may remember me from such videos as "threshold braking" :tearsofjoy: and hopefully more to come in the future!

1) Picture.... Well, if you insist.
2) Location. - Lets say Kingston, Ontario - home of the Tragically Hip, Queens University, and the original Captial of Canada.
3) Rigs; 1993 LandCruiser FZJ80,
1985 LandCruiser BJ70, 1977 LandCruiser F/BJ40, 1978 LandCruiser FJ45 - Project #3
4) Overlanding Experience; Well, I wheel, I camp, I work on trucks, I fabricate, and I film stuff (including with drones) - I understand that qualifies me as an Overlander... :yum:

OB#4045

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My old BJ60
image.jpeg

Last edited:

JaimyMac630

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Rescue, California, USA
First Name
Jaimy
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Loc: El dorado hills, CA
Prev Rig: 2005 LR3 (kids hauler, mall crawler)
Current Rig: 2005 LR3 reborned
Overlanding: Novice, for now

Howdy Overlanders!
I'm new to overlanding but always loved the great outdoors. About the rig, I've had it since 2006 but only within the last 6months I started building it up for overlanding. I'm truly in love with it all over again. Really looking forward to hitting the trails on the regular. Cheers!

View attachment 15829 View attachment 15830 View attachment 15831
Welcome! Nice LR3!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
My name is Jason
Rig: 1999 GMC Yukon, stock....but it's the year of the rig, so the build will come.
Skill level: Novice. Been overland with the family for a year or two now. Started to get the family out to enjoy the spirit of adventure, and now we're addicted!

Here's the rig....for now20160529_152220 (1).jpg

Tyler Dimes

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Wilson, North Carolina
Member #

My name is Jason
Rig: 1999 GMC Yukon, stock....but it's the year of the rig, so the build will come.
Skill level: Novice. Been overland with the family for a year or two now. Started to get the family out to enjoy the spirit of adventure, and now we're addicted!

Here's the rig....for nowView attachment 16887
That rig has a lot of potential. Welcome to the party!

Reactions: finlayforprez

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
My avatar pic is the only one I have so far. I bought my current rig 2 days ago.

2) Location (General area is fine)
I work in Dallas, TX; but, I live in Sanger, TX (50 miles North of Dallas)

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Most of my experience has been running trails in my just traded in 2015 JK. I decided I am getting too old for the extreme trails and wanted to slow down and enjoy the journey to the moderate trails :)

5) Wans't one of the original questions; but, I thought I would answer why I joined
I just found the podcast today and listened to most of them on my ride home. Coming from the world of Wrangler's, I always hated the snobby attitudes of "the only REAL off-road vehicle is (insert the model of Wrangler the person had here)" So the thought of a group of people that won't hate on my WK2 was awesome. I don't have to pretend to hate FJ's, and if I see a cool Land Rover I can actually tell the person nice rig! This forum sounds AWESOME!

Thanks for having me :)
Welcome! I am over in Frisco/LE area... great to see some more people from North Texas on here!

CC_FJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Aliso Viejo, CA
Member #

Hey Everyone!

My name is Cassie (#2999) and my husband, Cliff, and I live in Aliso Viejo, CA. We've always enjoyed camping and the outdoors (along with our dogs), but this has become our new hobby to do together.

I drive a '14 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams, and he drives a '16 4Runner Trail. Thanks to few minimal mods, the FJ is a bit more trail-ready at the moment, so that's our primary overlanding rig. Both are still works in progress though!

While my husband has more experience than I do (from his college days in a Jeep XJ), I'm a novice. I'm excited to learn more from this community and meet other folks in the area.

And, pictures of course...

IMG_0347.JPG image2 (2).JPG image1 (4).JPG

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Hey Everyone!

My name is Cassie (#2999) and my husband, Cliff, and I live in Aliso Viejo, CA. We've always enjoyed camping and the outdoors (along with our dogs), but this has become our new hobby to do together.

I drive a '14 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams, and he drives a '16 4Runner Trail. Thanks to few minimal mods, the FJ is a bit more trail-ready at the moment, so that's our primary overlanding rig. Both are still works in progress though!

While my husband has more experience than I do (from his college days in a Jeep XJ), I'm a novice. I'm excited to learn more from this community and meet other folks in the area.

View attachment 16913 View attachment 16914 View attachment 16915
Sweet FJ you guys! I wanted to buy an FJ last year but my wife really wasn't into the suicide rear door situation... so we ended up going with my second choice which was our Xterra Pro-4x. Anyways, welcome to OB!

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

My name is CJ and live in Livermore, CA. I own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee on 35's, 6" Clayton long arm kit, custom NP 231 TC, Eaton E-locker front, Sparton locker rear, Trail Ready front bumper, Ramsey 8k wench, Ken Mountain rear bumper w/ tire rack, plus more. I've been wheelin for 50 years and still enjoy getting out. Looking forward to meeting more people who enjoy hitting the trails and camping.View attachment 16752
man that's a sweet wj!!

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Welcome to OB!
Nice FJ :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Hey Everyone!

View attachment 16913 View attachment 16914 View attachment 16915