Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Just joined up recently! My name is Josh aka Sasquatch. I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast but spend a lot of time in Northern Michigan as well. (Married a Native American Yooper) I'm currently outfitting an 08' Jeep Wrangler and designing an adventure trailer to fit my needs. Excited about being a member of this community and looking forward to learning from you all and maybe giving back any ideas I can offer.
Hey Josh (Sasquatch)! So great having you here buddy. Welcome!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Newbie here! Hey guys, I'm Michael from just outside Tulsa, Oklahoma!! My rig is a 2016 Subaru Outback Limited and I'm very new to this! I am a green novice but look forward to this experience and learning from others as much as possible!
Welcome! You will find lots of Subarus on here - it's so cool. My sister-in-law (@Butler419) just got a new Crosstrek and can't wait to get it out on and off the road.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello! I'm from Denver, Colorado and have a relatively new-to-me 2013 LR4 Land Rover. I've been adventuring in Jeeps and 4Runners in the past and just love getting out! View attachment 16346
Welcome to OB... we are really representing the LR4s now - so cool! I also have a 2013, you can see photos on my profile and Instagram (@finlayforprez).

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Discovery_girl42

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

New guy here, Picked up a 2017 Tundra 4x4 TRD Off Road. Traded in the 16' Taco for it. Located in Socal and have a ton of stuff planned for my build. I am a novice overlander but like running around the fire roads out here.
Welcome to OB! Great having you here, can't wait to see photos of your Tundra.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Howdy y'all new to the group from the Dallas TX area. I have a 99 tahoe 5.7 2 inch lift with 33's. I would consider myself semi new to overlanding although I have been an outdoorsman and a machanic most of my life. I am married with 3 kids and I am really looking forward to getting involved with the community. View attachment 16462
Welcome!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 16374 Howdy yall! New to the community. This is my rig 2002 Duramax. I've taken her around the country and will be driving it to Alaska and then down the pacific coast during the summer. (old picture I have a heavy duty bumper and new tires on it now)
I live in Steamboat Springs Colorado. I would say my overlanding experience is pretty intermediate.

Thanks
Thomas
Welcome! Wow, your planned trip to AK sounds amazing.

Contributor I

Hi all- just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Ironhide Fx4's wife and from NJ. I'm the navigation half of the duo and help with the trip planning. We have a 2012 F150 Fx4 and just picked up a new rooftop tent that we are excited to test out in the near future! We are slowly building the rig into our dream overlanding vehicle for us, our dogs and daughter. I'm pretty new at overlanding but looking to learn as I go and hopefully pick up some tips from you guys along the way!

Last edited:

Outback_Fan

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Wagoner, OK
Member #

Greets,
My name is Steve and I am from Oklahoma City I drive a modded 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r Limited and pull a TCTeardrops 5X10 Trailer. I'm experienced at overlanding using car/tent camping. but just recently upgraded to pulling an offroad teardrop trailer View attachment 14103(loving it).

Outback Mods:
+2" Anderson Design & Fab lift
+3" RalliTeck overload springs on the rear and soon some offroadsubaru.com front +1.5" springs.
Primitive Racing full body armor kit (skid, mid and diff)
Rolla roof basket and extension
Yakima spare tire mount and bike mount on basket
ARB Awning
ARB Bushranger X-Jack
Air compressor and recovery tools
Lamin-X Fog lens covers
LED bulbs everywhere I could put them
Full 30% tint
Subaru WRX wheels (17") with oversized BFG KO2 245/65 tires and full size spare
Toklift Central EcoHitch
Tekonsha Prodigy P3 brake controller
7pin/4pin trailer lighting/braking connector and wiring
modified rear control and trailing arms (beefed up with welded bar stock)
CUSTOM DESERT PINSTRIPING! +5XP

2016 TCTeardrops Custom 5x10 trailer (bought their demo model)
Off Road Extreme Package (upgraded torsion axle, bigger wheels/tires, Jeep fenders and LockNRoll articulating hitch)
Foxwing awning
Rhinorack SunseekerAwning with Base Tent
Yakima Road Warrior with extension
Hi-Lift Patriot
80W solar with controller, batt, 12V system
LED Rock lights
LED roof flood ligts
Rotopax X4 for H2O and x2 for Gas
Yakima shovel/axe mounts
60" Aluminum toolbox
5G Solar RoadShower on rack
12V fan
Mr. Heater Buddy propane spaceheater
75Q Grizzly Cooler
Cutlery Drawer
l10V shore power outlet
Leveling Jacks and hitch steps all around

View attachment 14106
Steve, I just joined here and have a very similar setup, but no where near as complete! I live just east of Tulsa and I'm looking to find some trails to run just as soon as I get my skid plates installed! Hope to pick your brain about a few things if you wouldn't mind!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

AdvLR3

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hereford, Arizona, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Huberd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4ADV
Hi everyone , my name is Jason i drive a land rover LR3 that I have set up for overlanding. I live in Southeast Az and if I'm not working I'm out exploring. Originally from Oregon relocated to Az for work (on the border). I am lucky enough to get to go off roading on a daily basis for my job. I have been following the group for a while on Facebook and recently become a full member. I'm looking forward to meeting more like minded people.

TN_4Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southside, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

Hi everyone , my name is Jason i drive a land rover LR3 that I have set up for overlanding. I live in Southeast Az and if I'm not working I'm out exploring. Originally from Oregon relocated to Az for work (on the border). I am lucky enough to get to go off roading on a daily basis for my job. I have been following the group for a while on Facebook and recently become a full member. I'm looking forward to meeting more like minded people.
Welcome to the group and AZ. There is a Arizona section on here and a Arizona Land Rover group on Facebook if you are interested. Nice to see another LR3 on here!

AdvLR3

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hereford, Arizona, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Huberd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4ADV
Welcome to the group and AZ. There is a Arizona section on here and a Arizona Land Rover group on Facebook if you are interested. Nice to see another LR3 on here!
Nice to meet you. I've actually been back in Az since 2011 and lived here for four years from 2004-2007 took a transfer to Washington state and hated all the rain do I came back. I love Az I have explored all over the state and still find new places to go. I have always been a jeep guy and bought my LR3 in 2012 after going to my diet overland expo and driving on the off-road course their. I was sold on LR especially since they are much more reliable then the old discos. Drop me a line if you ever go out exploring I'm always up for going and finding new places

Mr. Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Inwood, Iowa, United States
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZK
Hello everyone, new to the forum and I'd say new to overlanding. I'm originally from South Dakota but currently live in North New York. I'll be moving back to my home state in the next month and a half here. Hopefully I can get some good info off this forum and share some of my own!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jeff D

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hi everyone.

Rig: 06 LJ
Experience: What's this gps uall speak of? Ovelanding 1979- present.

Thanx for letting me hang out. Just retired this year. So I even have more time for adventure. Thought I would try this computer stuff to meet other overlanders. After ripping my side wall a couple weeks ago out by Congress Az on my way across that desert to lake Alamo. I stopped and thought "Maybe I shouldn't be doing this anymore so much by myself?". Them big tires keep getting heavier and heavier.

Just came home from the Mojave Preserve (Majove Road). Crossed that desert.
Heading to the Anza Borrego in CA March 15-21.
I hope to see uall around.

Attachments

cb919er

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey Guys! I'm new to overlanding myself. I've found it allows me to combine many of my hobbies into one; camping, offroading, and exploring!

I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited which is slowing becoming my overland rig. pictures to follow soon!

I look forward to sharing in adventures, pick some brains (not a zombie), and sharing what I learn with you guys!

Wildjester

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello fellow Overlanders!
Let me start by saying how excited and happy I am to be here.

My rig is a 2007 Tacoma Dblcab, as pictured in my profile pic and below.

I grew up in the North East (NY mostly) hunting, fishing, camping with my dad in a 1986 LandCruiser.
That rig is since long gone. As an adult I moved on to motorcycles and mountain bikes, but times have changed. Still riding anything with 2 wheels as
often as possible, but now that I'm a dad, I want to start those early childhood memories that I enjoyed so much with my son Ryder.

Currently we live in Omaha NE. Looking forward to meeting some other members, who can recommend some great places close to home and far away.