Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello, everyone!
My name is Tobias, I recently joined Overland Bound to learn more about Overlanding and meet people who share the passion for off-road and self-sustained travel.
I am from Midwestern Wisconsin in the La Crosse area.
Overlanding Rig
Make:
Jeep
Model: Wrangler Unlimited
Year: 2013
MODS: Steel Bumper/Bullbar, Monroe Reflex Monotube Shocks, Rubicon Coils with 3/4-inch Daystar budget boost spacers in the rear (~2-inch lift in front, 1.75-inch in rear),. 275/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, LED headlight conversion.
Next Trip
Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail Overland Route planned for late June 2016. ~ 4 days 600 miles.
Experience: Novice
I'm a reporter by trade so in my free time I blog about Overlanding, camping and hiking at Adventurebent.com -- no hyperlink because I am new.
Welcome, Tobias! Great having you here. Wow, your trip planned for June sounds awesome. Best of luck!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Good day everyone. Phil and Mindy here.
Rig : 88 wrangler. Many mods for off-roading
Experience : totally new
Looking forward to meeting explorers wanting to enjoy life.
Welcome, Phil and Mindy! Great having you here! I love that area of PA... I spent some time in Lancaster County.

Justin Moss

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hello everyone,

2) Eastern Washington State
3) 1991 Toyota Pickup (Old Blue). I've had the pickup since high school (20 years or so) and have lots of memories in that pickup. I'm also just finishing up building an Expedition trailer from scratch and it is shown in the picture.
4) I've been Overlanding for a few years now and have enjoyed the many trips that I have gone on. Seeing there are very few Overlanders in my area, most of the trips that I go on are just me and my kids. This gives my wife a weekend to herself and us a weekend in the wild.

Thanks for all the information that is available here.

Justin

Attachments

TAMOE

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Nashville, Tennessee 37207, United States
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Quinonez
Member #

My wife (Angela) and I (Tony) have three littel girls and we just joined the OB family today!! we are so pumped the we found OB. We are moving from Orlando, Fl to Spokane, Wa at the end of May 2017 in our 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road , and a 16' cargo trailer. we have been following OB and watching all the youtube video and we just day dream, but we are going to make this a reality. we want to show our girls how beautiful our country is. THANK YOU!! Novice just starting to get into Overlanding

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello everyone,

2) Eastern Washington State
3) 1991 Toyota Pickup (Old Blue). I've had the pickup since high school (20 years or so) and have lots of memories in that pickup. I'm also just finishing up building an Expedition trailer from scratch and it is shown in the picture.
4) I've been Overlanding for a few years now and have enjoyed the many trips that I have gone on. Seeing there are very few Overlanders in my area, most of the trips that I go on are just me and my kids. This gives my wife a weekend to herself and us a weekend in the wild.

Thanks for all the information that is available here.

Justin
Welcome Justin! Great having you here.

Reactions: TAMOE

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

My wife (Angela) and I (Tony) have three littel girls and we just joined the OB family today!! we are so pumped the we found OB. We are moving from Orlando, Fl to Spokane, Wa at the end of May 2017 in our 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road , and a 16' cargo trailer. we have been following OB and watching all the youtube video and we just day dream, but we are going to make this a reality. we want to show our girls how beautiful our country is. THANK YOU!! Novice just starting to get into Overlanding
Welcome! Wow, the last few new folks had Tacomas and in or soon in WA state - very cool. Great having you here and can't wait to see photos of your truck. I love those new TRD off roads!

Reactions: TAMOE

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Brand new here. After riding a dual-sport motorcycle for years, I switched things up and moved to a truck so I can take my dog with me. This is Dante the Tacoma.

Located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Dante the Tacoma is a 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road. I've added a Leer cap and sleeping platform in the back (though after testing this last weekend it is not very comfortable). Yakima tracks on the cap with round bars. Bilstein 5100 struts all around, Old Man Emu 885 springs up front, Wheeler's Off-Road add-a-leaf in the back, and Cooper S/T Maxx 265/75 R16 tires.

I'd consider myself a novice overlander. Though I have a lifetime of experience with camping. Pulling travel and camping over any extended amount of time is a bit new to me. I look forward to learning from other overlanders as well as teaching others things that I am knowledgeable with.

Rob2thec

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hey guys!

1) Picture!

2) Location
Born and raised Los Angeles CA, Currently in VA Beach VA for work
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 6 speed. Soon to be 4x4!
4) Overlanding Experience Background

Novice i the space of 4x4 and recovery, Experienced in the go fast desert racing fun!

I grew up in CA at the beach but spend a lot of time in the southern sierras, especially around lake Isabella Ker ville area.

I have been into off road racing, chasing, video and photography for over 15 years. I have chased the Baja 1k many many times and recently produced a series for Redbull Called "Driving Dirty" on the Baja 1k. I have extensive off road experience in the desert but I am learning as much as I can about real overloading and recovery techniques.

I am really excited to get involved in this amazing community and looking forward to getting to one of the Rendezvous!

iLuddite

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Atlanta, Georgia
First Name
Terr
Last Name
Crump
Member #

Well, guess I should let folks know I am here... I am here! I am currently in middle Georgia with a 2011 Subaru Outback. I do not have a any of overlanding experience but love being outdoors and camping so I figure that is the next logical step for me. So, is there a level lower than novice?

Only picture I have of my Outback is when I was trading in my Element for it. I will have to fix that.

Chris Fry

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi Everyone - C.Fry here

Just bought a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - but it's way to clean and new to post a picture. It needs a few upgrades and some quality off road time! Speaking of which, my first request for this forum - Can anyone recommend a reliable/trustworthy mechanic to help me add components to my jeep? First up is to add a ARB Compressor so tire pressure adjustment is easier.

We are in San Francisco

I've got some very limited overlanding experience riding along with friends, but decades of time in the outdoors getting as far away on foot as possible from civilization. Can't wait to take the vehicle out there!

TAMOE

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Tony
Last Name
Quinonez
Member #

Welcome! Wow, the last few new folks had Tacomas and in or soon in WA state - very cool. Great having you here and can't wait to see photos of your truck. I love those new TRD off roads!
ill put some pics up as soon as i can figure out how to post pics. LOL! learning the OB site.

Reactions: finlayforprez

My Red FJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Virginia
Member #

Hey guys. Been checking out this form for awhile seems pretty cool. I've been on the west coast mostly off roading and camping but find myself in Virginia now looking for some good trails and sights to see out here. Looking forward to this overlanding experience thing!

-'08 Toyota FJ with 6"Rough Country Lift
IMG_0174.jpg

TAMOE

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Tony
Last Name
Quinonez
Member #

Hey guys. Been checking out this form for awhile seems pretty cool. I've been on the west coast mostly off roading and camping but find myself in Virginia now looking for some good trails and sights to see out here. Looking forward to this overlanding experience thing!

-'08 Toyota FJ with 6"Rough Country Lift
View attachment 17293
nice rig!

Reactions: My Red FJ

OBNate303

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Highlands Ranch, CO
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Tillmanns
Member #

Hey everyone, Nathan here!

I live in Castle Rock, Colorado and the truck below is my new found passion. After years of being into cars, I finally decided to ditch the paved roads and head into the mountains. I bought this 2016 TRD Off-Road and the same week went straight up Keystone Gulch trail, pictured below near the summit . I'm very new to overlanding but couldn't be more excited to get my rig built and start the adventures. Being in Colorado with nothing but amazing trails all around, I look forward to crossing off as many trails around here as I can and meeting fellow enthusiasts in the process.

See ya out there!

Picture-19.jpg

Reactions: SLO Rob

GYR

Rank 0

Traveler I

IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1131.JPGHi guys, no experience of overlanding, but I'm the outdoor type, fly Falcons for a living. I've had various vechicles for work over the years, some were and are just site runabouts. I ain't local, I'm in East Lothian, Scotland, but love the terrain and scenery of the USA and Canada. Found the site through the YouTube videos, love the content of them. Looking to buy a land cruiser, possibly a 100 series, then prepare her for a European trip, in the long term. Just now I'm looking to educate myself and enjoy learning for now.
For my commute I have an 2005 Land Rover freelander, no laughing.
On site I've just replaced my LR discovery 1, with a Mitsubishi Shogun 1996.

Cheers
Tom