Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi all- just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Ironhide Fx4's wife and from NJ. I'm the navigation half of the duo and help with the trip planning. We have a 2012 F150 Fx4 and just picked up a new rooftop tent that we are excited to test out in the near future! We are slowly building the rig into our dream overlanding vehicle for us, our dogs and daughter. I'm pretty new at overlanding but looking to learn as I go and hopefully pick up some tips from you guys along the way!
Welcome!!! Great having you here.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello everyone, new to the forum and I'd say new to overlanding. I'm originally from South Dakota but currently live in North New York. I'll be moving back to my home state in the next month and a half here. Hopefully I can get some good info off this forum and share some of my own!
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Welcome! I love South Dakota, it's a beautiful state. You will find lots of great information on the forums, no matter what you drive!

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

Whats up guys my name is Will aka Sir William, Sir Willy, The Carolina Car Guy. I look forward to adventures and meeting new folks. Check out my biggest overland adventure on YouTube buy searching for #TrailOnTAT and stay tuned for my next trip across the Trans America Trail in Sept with my wife of 13 years!! We are currently looking for partners and any help / advice we can get would be awesome!!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Whats up guys my name is Will aka Sir William, Sir Willy, The Carolina Car Guy. I look forward to adventures and meeting new folks. Check out my biggest overland adventure on YouTube buy searching for #TrailOnTAT and stay tuned for my next trip across the Trans America Trail in Sept with my wife of 13 years!! We are currently looking for partners and any help / advice we can get would be awesome!!
Welcome Will! Wow that's going to be quite a trip. I'll have to watch out for your videos. A couple years ago I watched a Land Rover series of videos where LR4s went on the TAT and it looked awesome.

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

Reactions: finlayforprez

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hey Overlanders,

My name is Mike, Member #3030 (so fitting for Wyoming). I am 41 years old, a father of three boys, and husband to a great woman.

I have had a passion for the outdoors, camping, and cars for as long as I can remember. I have had a pickup in my driveway since I was 18. First truck was a Mazda B2200, then a Chevy 1500, after that was our beloved Avalanche Z71, then my prized (then wrecked) 1976 International Scout II, and currently my 2015 Ram 2500 Cummins. It is sitting on 35x11.50-18 Toyo MTs, has a softopper and Adarack on the bed, and a Fabfours Elite front bumper.

I was born and raised in San Diego, but we now call Wyoming home. The best decision we ever made! We own 10 acres just outside Thermopolis, Wyoming. Here we will continue to cultivate our passions by transforming our property into an all-natural paradise. We will be completely off-grid. Solar, wind, and rain will sustain us. We realize this will take many years, so in the mean time we intend to explore every dirt road in the state.

Here we are at Anchor Dam backed up to Owl Creek cooling off.

We travel during the winter months for work, so this allows us to explore various states. I look forward to meeting many of you during our travels. Currently, we are in Southern Michigan, until May.

I will attempt to document all of our adventures, long and short.

I also love reading of yours.

Its good to be here!

Last edited:

Tyler Dimes

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Wilson, North Carolina
Member #

Hey guys,

My name is Tyler, I am 19 years old and a full time student. I have always been an avid outdoorsman, mainly hunting and fishing, so I think overlanding might be something I could get into.

I drive a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, which has been mildly modified with 37x13.50R18 Toyo M/T's a steel front bumper from Smittybilt, and a Quadratec winch. It may not be the best build, but she's taken me everywhere I've needed to go.

I've been a member of many Jeep forums before, but they always end up turning into d##k measuring contests. I feel like I can learn from this forum and be able to communicate with you all without comparing rigs all the time.

I look forward to being a member of this community and getting to know some of you, and i cant wait to share my adventures with you all.

Cheers!

pljhendrix

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Pageland, SC
Member #

image.jpeg Hi, everyone. I'm Patty (#3146). My husband (Palmetto Joe, #3145) and I are from South Carolina and started camping and overlanding 2 1/2 years ago after our youngest daughter graduated from college. Being married for 30 years and suddenly emptynesters, we had to learn who each other was again. The best way for us to do that is on road trips. Our main rig is a 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, aka Ronda. We, also, have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler we call JW. Both are works-in-progress. We are currently planning running the Georgia Traverse in late April after tax season is over. We look forward to learning more from the overland bound community. Joe has his HAM Amateur Radio General License call sign KN4AGJ and we are on Instagram as Palmetto_ramblers. Thanks!

Last edited:

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

View attachment 16374 Howdy yall! New to the community. This is my rig 2002 Duramax. I've taken her around the country and will be driving it to Alaska and then down the pacific coast during the summer. (old picture I have a heavy duty bumper and new tires on it now)
I live in Steamboat Springs Colorado. I would say my overlanding experience is pretty intermediate.

Thanks
Thomas
We'll need to follow along on your trip this summer. That sounds amazing! If you head down the California coast, let us know. We'll meet up and feed ya....

Reactions: thomcl22

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Be careful, might just hold you to that! :) I'd love to do some wheeling while in California. Nothing to crazy do to the truck needing to make it 10000 miles

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
We can get you to some amazing Big Sur spots. Your truck will be fine, but we can drain the camera battery...it's a great area.

Tmalm3013

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Southern Idaho
Member #

OB# 3715
Rig: 2003 4Runner sr5. Bumpers, 33's, rack & lights. Just enough to get me into trouble.
Experience: intermediate, plenty of time in the drivers seat and getting into the bigger stuff off-road.
About Me: I'm a student at BYU-Idaho, studying Welding Engineering Technology. Proud to say have built everything on my rig, and its not stopping anytime soon! I do lots of wheeling and camping, and really enjoy welding. Life's good!

Attachments

FDR

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

West Chester PA
Member #

Hello everyone,, I look forward to getting to know everyone on the site, while learning new things, and sharing experiences. My wife and I are owners of a 5th Gen 4Runner and a 3rd Gen Tacoma which we're just getting to know. We're located a little west of Philadelphia and have been known to make our way up to Raush Creek more than a few times to "exercise" our rigs. Anyway, I look forward to spending some time on the forum.