Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello everyone,

My name is Robert and I am located in NE Florida just south of Jacksonville. I have a 1991 Jeep Cherokee XJ (not running) and a 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ (running) that is my primary overland rig. I am a novice to Overlanding, but grew up camping, hiking, and wheeling in the PNW. Looking forward to learning what I can and meeting great people. Cheers!
Welcome from Arizona!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi,

I'm Brice. My 2021 Bronco is to be delivered early December. I feel I am finally in a place where I have a vehicle I can trust. This has been many years in the making. Maybe it is just my age but I want to travel in reasonable comfort. I have had other vehicles but they either needed too much maintenance or weren't the right vehicle for me. I also have a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser that I love and cherish, but again, not the comfort and reliability I need.

I am in the Salt Lake area looking to get started on some trips. Headed to St. George shortly after my bronco arrives and I'll be testing it out in the west desert and in the mountains.
Hello Brice, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone. I'm Matt from the PNW. I have many years of off-road experience including 10+ years of competition rock crawling. I built my 86 4runner nicknames the IFsRunner from the ground up to be able to follow buggies while packing tools and coolers. Life has changed for me over the last year and I'm in the process of building my 95 land cruiser to live out of full time while I travel all over the country and see everything I possibly can. All while spending as much time in the dirt as possible. Just myself and my dog. Hoping to have the rig done in the next month or so for its shake down run. Definitely looking forward to hearing suggestions on what to see and long trails to run. Alaska is already planned for next year and I'd love to run from Canada to Mexico this winter. I'll be completely setup for off grid living. Thanks!
Hello Matt, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone, I’m Ray, I’m new to the forum, wanting to get some tips on overlanding, and what a rig should be equipped with I’m in the middle of rebuilding my 71 Bronco that has been a daily driver since 1988? In the future I would like to do some mild overland trips.View attachment 216015
Hello Ray, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello I'm Nathan I just joined and am super excited about this community. I'm from England originally but moved every three years after the age of eight so... lived and been all over Europe and America currently in eastern Nevada with my work I'm an aircraft electrician in the US navy.
I'm a camper and hiker and have been my hole life didn't really branch into overlanding till I moved to Washington state but am very excited to finally build my first designated overland rig. I own a 1988 land rover defender named Gary and even in his old age he's a beast. Looking to see any of you out on the trails and picking your collective brains in the future.
Hello Nathan, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey folks I’m Cruz from the NorCal Bay Area. I’ve got a 2016 Tundra Crewmax. I like hitting the trails, a little crawling, and of course overlanding.

Rolling on 40s
Locked front and rear
Armored all the way around
Don’t mind the pinstripes or even a dent here and there.
Hello Laurente, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Name: mitch

Rig: n/a but hoping to purchase a LR3 discovery

Experience: feels like my first day at a new school. Follow a few youtube channels and on a few forums

Nice to meet you all
Hello Mitch, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone! I am Sean, I am new to overland bound as well as to overlanding. I own a 3rd gen Tacoma that I am building up. I am really excited to get input as well as see all the cool places people have gone. View attachment 216071
Hello Sean, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi, I am Chris and am new to OB. Not done much overlanding but plan to change that. My primary rig is an 84' Landcruiser and just ordered a Runaway Venturist trailer that I should have by April. Interested in meeting fellow Overlanders in the area to do group meet and rides. I have a wife and daughter who enjoy the outdoors.
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
New Member here. Our family was sucked into the overlanding world a few years ago when we discovered XOverland and Lifestyle Overland on YouTube. So far we have made a few small trips and are working on larger plans within a few hours of Birmingham AL

We use two vehicles for our trips
1997 GMC K1500 suburban - we bought this from our pastor the day our state shut down for COVID and couldn’t title it for 6 months. It has been made mechanically sound, a 12k winch was added, new tires and wheels, and a Thule box holds maxtrax and other recovery gear. So far the suspension is stock but it’s been surprisingly capable. It has a 35+ gal fuel tank and lots of room for people and gear.

2004 Lexus GX470 - while primarily my daily driver, I wouldn’t mind it going on a few solo trips. We just added an OME 2.5” lift with Bilstein shocks and a Yakima rack. Fuel range is terrible but it’s considerably more comfortable than the Suburban.

Additionally we kayak a lot, so we pull a 6x12 enclosed trailer that hauls all our kayaks plus camping gear.
Hello Brandon, welcome to the OB family.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello All, my name is Jaime Rodríguez from Philadelphia.

Rig: Lifted 2011 Nissan Frontier
Overlanding Experience: Beginner

Took my kids to our first off-road ride today in Wharton State Park in New Jersey thanks to some of your maps! The kids had a blast! They got to experience some mild sand trails and some cool water crossings and thought it was so cool to eat their lunch on the bed cover of my truck by the side of the river. We even came across a cranberry harvest on one of the trails and they were fascinated. Best of all, we made it back home safely!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi, I am Chris and am new to OB. Not done much overlanding but plan to change that. My primary rig is an 84' Landcruiser and just ordered a Runaway Venturist trailer that I should have by April. Interested in meeting fellow Overlanders in the area to do group meet and rides. I have a wife and daughter who enjoy the outdoors.
Welcome from Arizona!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
New member old timer here. I’ve been watching Overland Bound on YouTube for years and it is part of my way to stay connected even if I’m not out away from the city.
I’ve been an adventurer my whole life and car camping and overlanding is comfort for me. Found memories of bombing down the road with my Grandfather in his 62 Pontiac Bonneville with a canvas tent and his trusty camp stove, catching fish for dinner. Anyway…

Denver Colorado area
2000 Ford Expedition set up for how me and my wife like to enjoy getting out.
1989 Ford Bronco for the day trips in the mountains of Colorado and Utah.
Ive been off-roading and camping my whole life so I guess I’m “experienced”. I also ride dirt bikes and do a few big multi day rides yearly with only what you can carry on your back so I tend to be a minimalist type overlander. You can fit a full sized mattress in the back of an Expedition so sleeping in comfort is important to me. I document my adventures on YouTube mostly for my relatives but I’m getting a little better at it. Starks Expeditions is my channel. I’m always looking to add like minded people to my trips. And it is an honor to help people get out and help them become comfortable off the beaten path.

View attachment 216104View attachment 216105
Hello Richard, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 216219

Hello everyone. My name is Glen
I am in Albuquerque, NM
2001 Cherokee XJ (I have had it 16 years) The paint is bad but that has it's advantages!
I moved to NM in 2004 and started exploring right away. I do not claim to be an expert but I have fun!
Hello Glen, welcome to the OB family.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey everyone! I am Sean, I am new to overland bound as well as to overlanding. I own a 3rd gen Tacoma that I am building up. I am really excited to get input as well as see all the cool places people have gone. View attachment 216071
Welcome from Arizona!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi folks,

after lurking on YouTube for a while and dreaming of exploring eventually, I finally pulled the trigger and joined the community.

I had a few rough months on top of two already challenging years, and while there is light at the end of the tunnel, my batteries have been completely drained. Before jumping into anything new, I feel like I need to take some time for myself to settle down, recharge, and think about what I actually want to do in life. The last few years feel a bit like on autopilot, and I need to make some changes to prevent ending up in a similar situation again in a few years time.

While thinking about this situation I was reminded of some of the Overland Bound videos, and What I really Think about Overlanding in particular really resonated with me. I always talked about traveling Europe, hiking or mountain biking, and picking up photography as a hobby again. It didn't click for me until now, but with hindsight I feel like I've known for a long time that I needed to get into the outdoors again and reconnect with nature.

I live in the Netherlands, which is both very densely populated and in large parts artificial land. Especially where I live, everything piece of nature is a park and there isn't much wilderness to explore. As a complete novice when it comes to travel and camping, I'm looking to do smaller weekend trips through winter and stay in hotels/hostels/..., and then slowly extend my comfort zone into camping come spring. My mid-term goal is to spend a few weeks on the road exploring either Scandinavia or Iberia, hopefully in the summer of next year.

For now I'll be traveling with my Saab 9-7X (a re-badged Chevy Trailblazer), but I'm strongly considering treating myself to something that has better parts coverage in Europe and is easier to modify long-term. Think Land Cruiser 120 or similar.

Looking forward to meeting you on the trail!
Hello Jan, welcome to the OB family.