Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Location - Greencastle, IN
Rig - 2015 Power Wagon Tradesman
Experience - I'd say Beginner

Just got back from my 2nd trip to Montana, and Wyoming earlier this month found some decent easy trails out there and had alot of fun. I'm kind of a huge nerd that likes to go outdoors and drive around lol.View attachment 212830
Welcome from Arizona!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi y'all. I'm Liz "Wrighno." I live in the high desert of SoCal. I drive a (currently) stock 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport. I grew up camping, backpacking, and bumming around Europe in an old VW bus. I'm semi-retired and looking to learn and get out there!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
View attachment 212803View attachment 212804View attachment 212805

Hi there, Trickster here. My first thought was to upgrade my 1999 7.3L / ZF-6 to 2008 F550 coil suspension.

As I researched the pros and cons I realized that the 1999 F350 frame was not reinforced to accommodate new stress point that the radius arms place behind the existing rear mount of the front springs.

So I bought a 2006 F550 2wd with a bad trans to stand up to the rigors that I will be putting this rig through.

As much as I love my 1999 with the legendary 7.3, the manual trans and electrically actuated NP273 transfer case, I need a better option for the purpose that this rig will be engineered to serve.

I will post progress pics in the appropriate section of the Forum so that whomever is interested can follow my progress.

Thanks.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello,

My name is Jerry. From Los Angeles California. Fairly new to Overlanding. Learning new things as I go. My rig is a 2020 Subaru Forester Sport (still adding mods to it). Hope to learn more from y’all.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello everyone,
I'm Brandon Bewley from Greenwood, Indiana, just south of Indianapolis. I just starting to get into overland, to get out of the house to see the beautiful scenery that is al around us, and meet new people. I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
How’s it going everybody! I’m Chris from Mississippi and I’m super excited to be a part of this group. I got a 2015 TRD Tacoma at the beginning of this year and I’m hoping to have it mostly finished by March of 22 for my Moab trip. Hope to meet some of you on journeys in the future!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Name: Bubba D’Angelo
Location: Vancouver, WA for now. Changes frequently as I am a travel nurse. Based out of north Louisiana.
Rig: 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off-road
Overland experience: Novice
Why overlanding: My fiancé and I are big on getting outdoors. Love going deep in the woods and camping. Looking to further our knowledge and hopefully meet some people along that way to help with that.

Pic from recent trip to Mt. St. Helens
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi All,
Camping/Hiking Experience: 3 section hikes on the Appalachia Trail (NJ, NY & CT). Camping and fishing since I was 2
Overlanding Experience: None
Vehicle: 2013 Silverado Z71 4x4
View attachment 212693
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Greetings. I'm not much of al overlander, or rock crawler, I just use my Jeep to get to the trailhead. I stumbled onto your page while trying to figure out the GMRS fee and why it still hasn't changed. I have a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk and a 2000 F250 with the 7.3L turbo. I'm near Zions Crossroads, VA.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Greetings. I'm not much of al overlander, or rock crawler, I just use my Jeep to get to the trailhead. I stumbled onto your page while trying to figure out the GMRS fee and why it still hasn't changed. I have a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk and a 2000 F250 with the 7.3L turbo. I'm near Zions Crossroads, VA.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey all this is post #1 and I am glad to be here. I've wanted an 80 series since the 90's but I never could afford one, timing was bad, or whatever the reason was. I finally got one earlier this year and I've spent about the last four months catching is up on standard maintenance, fixing small issues, and making sure it's dependable enough for an adventure. In my endless web searching for fixes, tips, and tricks I ran across Michael on YouTube. OLB is a great channel and a regular watch for me. I am an avid camper, outdoorsman, Boy Scout, Asst. Scoutmaster, and get my soul recharged being in the woods. This past weekend was the inaugural trip in my 80 and it was fantastic. I setup camp in the Blue Ridge WMA in N. Georgia and spent 3 nights of peace and quiet. Looking forward to more adventuring and meeting some of you folks in the process. Cheer, ~Adam (a.k.a. Scumcraft)
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
James
Gilbert, AZ

Newly back into off-roading. Recently picked up a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4. Have done 4Peaks twice and Crown King, the easy way. Have a lift and tires in the garage, just waiting for a free, cooler, weekend to do the lift. Lol
Welcome from Sierra Vista!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello All,

My name is Will.

I started camping and off-roading at an early age. Lots of great experiences and travel memories, and always looking to create more opportunities. While I have a fair amount of off-road experience, I'm really just getting started with Overlanding.

Recently just moved from Colorado where we started to get a taste of Overlanding to now being located in South Central Texas. We are planning on picking up an off-road teardrop in the future. We enjoy all elevations from 14K to sea level!View attachment 212131View attachment 212132

Current rig: 2020 GMC 1500 Sierra AT4
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey y'all!

I'm Chris, 47 infantry vet, beginner/novice overlander, professional camper though lol! From Okiehoma, actually currently at Lake Foss state park on my first outing in my 96 c3500 cc/lwb. I know it's a school bus looking, no gas mileage, 6500lbs but it gets me close enough to dismount and pack in.

Looking forward to learning the tips and tricks from y'all. Meeting with members and finding new places I've never seen!

To get a better idea about me I have literally taken a Suzuki swift (geo metro with mo-power!) Off-road into some fairly serious terrain (given the circumstances) but seriously like the old videos used to say... "It doesn't matter what you drive, get outside"
I live it, daily. End goal, full-time overlander!

Thanks for the site! A repository of knowledge!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I’m a nomad now, with a FL address, but will always be from NY (not the city!) Love my 2013 JKU and looking forward to spending a whole lot more time with it. New to overlanding - new to camping generally - but I’m a quick study (or an absolute idiot) and went full-time right away. I’m writing from the Overland Expo East right now - it’s been a fun adventure so far!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello all,
Mailyn (pronounced MyLin) here from NE Florida. New to overlanding, but excited to get going and see more of the country's backroads and best kept secrets. Originally from the PNW and love the outdoors. My rig is a 2016 GX460 with a few mods, but looking to make it ready for adventures. I look forward to meeting more overlanders and members!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey Everyone!

My name is Tyler and located in Phoenix Arizona.

Excited to be here. Looking to make some new friends in the PHX area to go overlanding with.

Rig is a 2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road.

Lots of camping experience in my younger days but pretty new to off-roading and overlanding.
Welcome from Sierra Vista!