Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 216757
Rig Info: 2010 Jeep Rubicon
Experience: Light camping/hiking trips with no technical trail experience.

My Fiance and I love the outdoors and am looking at trying to build capable overlanding vehicle. Looking forward to working on building it out so we can enjoy some backcountry trails!View attachment 216757
Hello Greg, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Stormster8

Rank I

Contributor III

El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
First Name
Storm
Last Name
Sturckow
Hi there, my name is Storm and I wanted to stop by and thank you all for adding me to the group. I'm new to the El Dorado Hills area moving in from Colorado. My wife grew up here and with twins, we needed to be closer to family. I love wheeling my 2018 Jeep Wk Trailhawk. It has some tasteful and functional upgrades to make it as capable as possible. I grew up going to the desert in SoCal riding dirtbikes and various other outdoor activities. My setup is very simple currently although with family more creature comforts are on the way like a Shift Pod. Looking forward to linking up with more folks that like to get out, and get lost. - Stay hungry and stay humble

Rig: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Experience: I

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi there, my name is Storm and I wanted to stop by and thank you all for adding me to the group. I'm new to the El Dorado Hills area moving in from Colorado. My wife grew up here and with twins, we needed to be closer to family. I love wheeling my 2018 Jeep Wk Trailhawk. It has some tasteful and functional upgrades to make it as capable as possible. I grew up going to the desert in SoCal riding dirtbikes and various other outdoor activities. My setup is very simple currently although with family more creature comforts are on the way like a Shift Pod. Looking forward to linking up with more folks that like to get out, and get lost. - Stay hungry and stay humble

Welcome Storm, from Arizona!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 216757

My Fiance and I love the outdoors and am looking at trying to build capable overlanding vehicle. Looking forward to working on building it out so we can enjoy some backcountry trails!View attachment 216757
Hello Greg, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Storm, welcome to Overland Bound.

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

Welcome to the OB family Stormster8

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

View attachment 216757

Welcome to the OB family, you’ve come to the right place.

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

Welcome aboard Storm! Sweet ride you got there! There is plenty of experienced, and family oriented, members here who are more than happy to lend a hand. Can't wait to see and hear about your families adventures!

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

Hi, here is Walker. Can’t wait to get out and explore!

Rig: 2019 Ford Ranger xlt sport
Novice to overlanding.
Welcome aboard Brendan! Walker is a pretty mean looking machine so far! The ranger platform is gaining quite a bit of support in the aftermarket department, and I'd be more than happy to share some experiences and advice if you need any! The other members in the community know plenty and are more than up to sharing their knowledge as well. Oh, and here is Babe, the Big Blue Ox ;) Happy trails!

Attachments

WalkerRanger

Rank I

Contributor III

Painesville, Lake County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Brenden
Last Name
Nighswonger
Hi, here is Walker. Can’t wait to get out and explore!

Rig: 2019 Ford Ranger xlt sport
Novice to overlanding.
Welcome aboard Brendan! Walker is a pretty mean looking machine so far! The ranger platform is gaining quite a bit of support in the aftermarket department, and I'd be more than happy to share some experiences and advice if you need any! The other members in the community know plenty and are more than up to sharing their knowledge as well. Oh, and here is Babe, the Big Blue Ox ;) Happy trails!
Thank you! I appreciate the help!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Storm
Hopefully you will be able to make the Sierra Foothills Meet-up in January.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 216757

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @jwalla
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Longshadow

Rank II

Traveler III

La Mesa, California, United States
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Ruiz
Member #

Hello fellow Overbound Members!
I’m excited to be a new member of the community!
I’m located in San Diego, CA.
My rig is a 05 Toyota Tundra which I call Picante. I’m the original owner and spent the last year turning her into a proper overland vehicle. I gave her a fresh coat of paint, upgraded her suspension with Bilstien shocks, put on new wheels, and built out the camper. I just got back from taking her on her maiden voyage since the makeover. We traveled through the back country of Northern and Central Arizona.
I’m no stranger to overlanding, although we called it off-roading back in the day. Me and my buddies spent a lot of time traveling in Baja California looking for secluded surf spots.
If you are traveling the back country of the American West and happen to spot a deep red 1st gen Tundra driven by a guy wearing a western style hat… feel free to come over and say hello.

Attachments

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

New member old timer here. I’ve been watching Overland Bound on YouTube for years and it is part of my way to stay connected even if I’m not out away from the city.
I’ve been an adventurer my whole life and car camping and overlanding is comfort for me. Found memories of bombing down the road with my Grandfather in his 62 Pontiac Bonneville with a canvas tent and his trusty camp stove, catching fish for dinner. Anyway…

Denver Colorado area
2000 Ford Expedition set up for how me and my wife like to enjoy getting out.
1989 Ford Bronco for the day trips in the mountains of Colorado and Utah.
Ive been off-roading and camping my whole life so I guess I’m “experienced”. I also ride dirt bikes and do a few big multi day rides yearly with only what you can carry on your back so I tend to be a minimalist type overlander. You can fit a full sized mattress in the back of an Expedition so sleeping in comfort is important to me. I document my adventures on YouTube mostly for my relatives but I’m getting a little better at it. Starks Expeditions is my channel. I’m always looking to add like minded people to my trips. And it is an honor to help people get out and help them become comfortable off the beaten path.

View attachment 216104View attachment 216105
Glad to have you on board! looking forward to seeing you out on a trip sometime in the near future! Love the minimalist set up, if only i could convince my wife of it :P Please feel free to reach out if you want to try and plan something together! I'm up in the Fort Collins area