Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

langfordrob

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego CA
Member #

IMG_0729.JPG What's up all Im new to the overland but not the off-road or 4x4 community I just switched Riggs use to run a 2000 tj and I just switched over to a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder so I guess you can say in this case I'm a novice but looking forward to fun and adventures ahead I'm out of San Diego CA always up for meet ups
With members in the area

Last edited:

Contributor I

Joined OB last night!

Name: Scott, wife - Robin, daughter - Paisley ( 6 weeks old)

Current rigs: 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB, 1981 Jeep Scramble, 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara.

Previous Rig: 2007 Jeep JKU

We have been doing the 4x4 and over landing thing for a while now. Both my wife and I are teachers so we have all summer to play and explore!

Rig pics to come...
Welcome

curtis martin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pittsburgh PA, USA
Member #

IMG_1358.JPG Hi everyone, thanks for having me!!

My name is Curtis, and I am from Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA. Married with a 3yr old daughter and a 9mth old son. They are a big reason why I am getting into overland. That and I am an avid outdoorsman.

I have no experience in overland but that's why I am here.

My rig is a 2013 Toyato Tacoma Sport DCSB with a 3" Old Man Emu lift and BAMF rocksliders. There is a picture of how she sits as of now.

Thanks again for having me, I hope to learn and contribute as much as I can.

TheAdventureIndex

Rank V
Investor

Member III

San Mateo,CA
Member #

Joined OB last year, but a long time lurker. Finally bought the membership last night and Happy to be more involved now.

Name: Adam

Current rigs: 2005 4runner v8 (build thread here), 2002 Honda S2000 with 50k miles. :D

Previous Rig: 1990 4Runner with insane long travel suspension.

I've always been a car guy who loved camping, so it was bound to happen. Other passions include photography, film, and I work in personal finance.

Most Current Rig pics:

Shake

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SE Michigan
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Hey all,
Been lurking for a while and decided to join in. I recently acquired a 2005 4Runner Sport V6. Found OB while researching the purchase and it rekindled my desire for outdoor/4WD experiences. First upgrade was tires (Cooper Discoverer AT3's). I'll be spending some time in the tech forums looking for some guidance on rust interdiction on my undercarriage. Michigan winters equal salt and this rig is showing some signs of it on the frame. Looking forward to a great experience here.
JC

TravelingTuttles

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Baja, Mexico
Member #

Hello! This is Christian and Chelsea Tuttle, and we are brand new to the community!

We started off on this particular adventure in West Glacier, Montana. We have since taken a few months to head down the west coast and are currently doing maintenance on our rig and researching Mexico in preparations for crossing the border in the next week or so (tips welcome)!

Current Location: San Diego, CA

Current Rig: 1982, Steyr-Puch, Pinzgauer 712W

We've converted and traveled in a handful of vehicles together since 2014 (ambulance, 24ft school bus…), but we wanted something more compact and off-road ready for the hard-to-reach free campsites. We have been living in vehicles full-time for over a year, but this will be the longest stint of full-time traveling we've done so far and the first time we'll be adventuring out of the country!

brett 92109

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

SAN Diego ca
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Brett and I am located in San Diego ca. I currently have a 2007 jku rubicon.
IMG_0286.JPG
I have done my fair share of traveling/ camping but this is my first rig designed solely for overlanding. I am stearing more toward the explore and away from the rock rigs. Hoping to meet others in So Cal that want to get out and explore.

Skemcin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi all,

My name is Derek and I started with a 1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 before switching to Subaru - couldn't fit the wife and kids in a 2dr truck.

Current Vehicle: 2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i
Previous Vehicle: 2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Its the perfect blend of loving nature and cars.

This is me now ...

15068294_1144887755631478_5293004677979556995_o.jpg 15137673_1144887888964798_3469683797328194051_o.jpg 15194572_1144887492298171_8765061769274481451_o.jpg

Last edited:

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

...Hello everyone,
My name is Brad . I am from Regina, Saskatchewan. Canada.
Currently I'm driving a 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road .

Been overlanding in one form or another for the last 25 years.
Welcome from your neighbour to the east. Nice drawer system.
:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Reactions: Buehler

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Brett and I am located in San Diego ca. I currently have a 2007 jku rubicon.
View attachment 10945
I have done my fair share of traveling/ camping but this is my first rig designed solely for overlanding. I am stearing more toward the explore and away from the rock rigs. Hoping to meet others in So Cal that want to get out and explore.
Welcome Brett! Niiiiice JKU!

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

Hi all,

My name is Derek and I started with a 1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 before switching to Subaru - couldn't fit the wife and kids in a 2dr truck.

This is me now ...

View attachment 10947 View attachment 10948 View attachment 10949
How st Derek! Welcome to the group.

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi all,

This is me now ...

View attachment 10947 View attachment 10948 View attachment 10949
Welcome aboard Derek!!!

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
View attachment 10945
Hello Brett! Nice rig!