Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Hey everyone. Bit nervous about introducing myself here, but my name's Heather. I'm a culinary student at the CIA's campus in St Helena, and a cook in SF. I'm from rural Ohio, mostly. Connecticut is the other part. I joined the Army at 20 and was in Alaska for three years and Texas for a year and a half. Some time in North Carolina as well. I had my second car wrecked in Alaska during my last winter up there (hard-packed ice, a 10% slope at a stop sign and a blind corner), and so I was without a car for a good while. I bought my Jeep from some guys by Dallas for the trip back to Ohio and at the time I was just looking for something that would hold together, so many of the faults I ignored.

Buuut, on the way back, and especially on the trip to California, somewhere (I think it must've been the back roads of Colorado--I took the long way, through Oregon, and if that way isn't gorgeous in the winter...) I decided I'd fix her up, if she made it. Did, of course (sans alternator, battery, water pump and t-stat), and once more to Arkansas and back. So, for the past year I've been chipping away at the regular fix-er-up maintenance and repairs, and I think I'm finally getting close to the end to where I can start upgrading her with a bigger roof rack, air lockers, new gearing, etc. Work and school have been taxing up to this point, but now that things are slowing down I actually have time to go do the paperwork and do some offroading.
Welcome aboard Heather.

nicholas self

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

palo alto ca
Member #

Hello All-
Just joined the site as i have been looking for a group of people to go off-roading and camping with as i recently moved to bay area.
My current rig is a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500, the off-road package that was put on it was the All Terrain X. I don't have any photos of it yet as I have been quite lazy to take them, but took an example off the internet.
I have been off-roading, camping and hunting for as long as i can remember but this is going to be the first truck i am going to modify for off-road.
Look forward to meeting yall.

Contributor I

Hello All-
Just joined the site as i have been looking for a group of people to go off-roading and camping with as i recently moved to bay area.
My current rig is a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500, the off-road package that was put on it was the All Terrain X. I don't have any photos of it yet as I have been quite lazy to take them, but took an example off the internet.
I have been off-roading, camping and hunting for as long as i can remember but this is going to be the first truck i am going to modify for off-road.
Look forward to meeting yall.
Welcome

Joedie

Rank 0

Contributor I

Japan
Greeting from the Land of the Rising Sun, my name is Joedie (Yes, I know but I am a guy) :grinning::grinning:

I am currently stationed in Japan and have been interested in Overlanding for a while now, so I finally made the choice to go for it!!!!!!!! I am a total Novice so please forgive any questions I am ask but I believe in the KIS method (Keep It SIMPLE)

My current vehicle is a 1998 Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear van
20160702_150049.jpg

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Pretty cool looking van Joedie, I would love to see the inside.

Contributor I

Greeting from the Land of the Rising Sun, my name is Joedie (Yes, I know but I am a guy) :grinning::grinning:

I am currently stationed in Japan and have been interested in Overlanding for a while now, so I finally made the choice to go for it!!!!!!!! I am a total Novice so please forgive any questions I am ask but I believe in the KIS method (Keep It SIMPLE)

View attachment 10874
Welcome Joedie Kool van

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

@Egan Completely stock for now, but I do have a vision, lol, it is a 7 seater, 4 buckets and 1 bench
Is it 4 wheel drive? I assume so from the lift, if so is ot converted or from the factory?

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

@Egan, stock 4x4 from factory, with aftermarket 4" lift
I did not realize that anyone was making the smaller vans in 4 wheel drive, even overseas. Is there much of an overlanding/off road community in Japan? Are there many [laces to get off the asphalt?

Joedie

Rank 0

Contributor I

Japan
I did not realize that anyone was making the smaller vans in 4 wheel drive, even overseas. Is there much of an overlanding/off road community in Japan? Are there many [laces to get off the asphalt?
Not really, most 4x4 are for show but there are some areas in the mountains, most in and around Mt Fuji for the Tokyo area

Reactions: jeffrey zahnow

KCAT

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Pueblo, Colorado, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
King
Member #

Joined OB last night!

Name: Scott, wife - Robin, daughter - Paisley ( 6 weeks old)

Current rigs: 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB, 1981 Jeep Scramble, 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara.

Previous Rig: 2007 Jeep JKU

We have been doing the 4x4 and over landing thing for a while now. Both my wife and I are teachers so we have all summer to play and explore!

Rig pics to come...

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

View attachment 10874
Nice ride.

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX

View attachment 10874
Gday mate welcome to the crew awesome rig always been a fan of the delica's

Joined OB last night!

Name: Scott, wife - Robin, daughter - Paisley ( 6 weeks old)

Current rigs: 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB, 1981 Jeep Scramble, 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara.

Previous Rig: 2007 Jeep JKU

We have been doing the 4x4 and over landing thing for a while now. Both my wife and I are teachers so we have all summer to play and explore!

Rig pics to come...
Hey Mate welcome