Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX

Hello! This is Christian and Chelsea Tuttle, and we are brand new to the community!

We started off on this particular adventure in West Glacier, Montana. We have since taken a few months to head down the west coast and are currently doing maintenance on our rig and researching Mexico in preparations for crossing the border in the next week or so (tips welcome)!

Current Location: San Diego, CA

Current Rig: 1982, Steyr-Puch, Pinzgauer 712W

We've converted and traveled in a handful of vehicles together since 2014 (ambulance, 24ft school bus…), but we wanted something more compact and off-road ready for the hard-to-reach free campsites. We have been living in vehicles full-time for over a year, but this will be the longest stint of full-time traveling we've done so far and the first time we'll be adventuring out of the country!
Welcome Christian & Chelsea! I love the Pinzgauer. If you come back through Sacramento, I'd love to see the rig in person, and buy you lunch! I'm Kelly.

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Joined OB last year, but a long time lurker. Finally bought the membership last night and Happy to be more involved now.

Name: Adam

Current rigs: 2005 4runner v8 (build thread here), 2002 Honda S2000 with 50k miles. :D

Previous Rig: 1990 4Runner with insane long travel suspension.

I've always been a car guy who loved camping, so it was bound to happen. Other passions include photography, film, and I work in personal finance.

Most Current Rig pics:

Hi Adam! Welcome to the gang ;-) Diggin' the bike on the back (something I've been wanting to do for a while). I'd love to do a Rokon, but I'll probably go with something street legal, like a TW200, but with these tires...
NewPicture6.jpg
Ok,... so it may not be 100% street legal ;-)

Reactions: TheAdventureIndex

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Greeting from the Land of the Rising Sun, my name is Joedie (Yes, I know but I am a guy) :grinning::grinning:

I am currently stationed in Japan and have been interested in Overlanding for a while now, so I finally made the choice to go for it!!!!!!!! I am a total Novice so please forgive any questions I am ask but I believe in the KIS method (Keep It SIMPLE)

My current vehicle is a 1998 Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear van
View attachment 10874
Greeting Joedie. I'm Kelly (Yes, I know but I am a guy too ;-) That rig is so cool! Welcome to the group!!!

goleee33

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tustin, CA
Member #

Hi All,

I joined a week ago, finally making it over here to introduce myself. I've taken on the task of outfitting my 2015 Chevy Colorado to compete with the big boys. I'm building a pre running overland style. I look forward to learning more trails and meeting new people who share the same passion as I!

From Mojave Road during Veterans Day Weekend, 2016

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

MET3_2016.JPG IMG_2644.JPG

Hello everyone. Joined a few weeks ago but just found this thread......thought I would post up.

1) Sacramento, CA
2) 2016 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR Long Bed
3) Novice overlander here. Looking to learn....and slowly outfit my truck to make my off road outings even more fun, safe and enjoyable whether it be exploring for the day or staying out overnight. Hoping to make some new overlanding friends along the way. Lots of information here so I have a lot of reading to do.

Above are a couple pics from my first two off road exploring outings with my new truck. Having a blast with it so far!! Have a great day everyone.

nicholas self

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

palo alto ca
Member #

View attachment 10993 View attachment 10995

Hello everyone. Joined a few weeks ago but just found this thread......thought I would post up.

1) Sacramento, CA
3) Novice overlander here. Looking to learn....and slowly outfit my truck to make my off road outings even more fun, safe and enjoyable whether it be exploring for the day or staying out overnight. Hoping to make some new overlanding friends along the way. Lots of information here so I have a lot of reading to do.

Above are a couple pics from my first two off road exploring outings with my new truck. Having a blast with it so far!! Have a great day everyone.
Welcome !

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

View attachment 10993 View attachment 10995

1) Sacramento, CA

Welcome! What trail is that second picture? I grew up in Lake Tahoe and cant place it!

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Welcome! What trail is that second picture? I grew up in Lake Tahoe and cant place it!
Thanks! Wish I grew up in Lake tahoe. That was a trail I found that went to the top of Mt. Watson. 8300 feel I believe. We just spend the day up there hanging out, eating, reading books, nodding off......just didn't want to leave the view. Great day.

Dakota Boren

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Mustang, Oklahoma
Member #

upload_2016-11-30_19-50-36.png Hey guys, my name is Dakota.
I'm from Mustang, Oklahoma, and I drive a 2003 Land Rover Discovery with 173,000 miles on it.
I'm a student who only works on weekends, so all my modifications to my truck are either DIY, or the result of saving up for a while.

I'm pretty new to overlanding, but I have been on a few trips including going to Overland Expo East in October, and doing some SCUBA outdives in the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM.

I like all the information on this site, it is really helpful for outfitting my truck.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
View attachment 11009 Hey guys, my name is Dakota.
I'm from Mustang, Oklahoma, and I drive a 2003 Land Rover Discovery with 173,000 miles on it.
I'm a student who only works on weekends, so all my modifications to my truck are either DIY, or the result of saving up for a while.

I'm pretty new to overlanding, but I have been on a few trips including going to Overland Expo East in October, and doing some SCUBA outdives in the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM.

I like all the information on this site, it is really helpful for outfitting my truck.
Welcome to the group Dakota,

Hello everyone. My name is JF Albornoz. I was born and raised in Venezuela (South America) but live in West Canada. I just joined today, but I have had the passion for the outdoors for a long time.

1) Calgary, Alberta
2) 2015 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Short Bed
3) I am looking to increase my knowledge and make overlanders friends while doing so in new outdoors adventures. I am an average overlander but I have been gearing up my rig for better back country trips with my wife and two daughters. I hope to see you out there.
IMG_8157.JPG

IMG_3048.JPG

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Hello everyone. My name is JF Albornoz. I was born and raised in Venezuela (South America) but live in West Canada. I just joined today, but I have had the passion for the outdoors for a long time.

1) Calgary, Alberta
3) I am looking to increase my knowledge and make overlanders friends while doing so in new outdoors adventures. I am an average overlander but I have been gearing up my rig for better back country trips with my wife and two daughters. I hope to see you out there.
View attachment 11032

View attachment 11031
Gady mate welcome to the crew..... Awesome rig How do you find the ARB Driving lights been looking at a set for mine

Jim Newell

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

What's up ☺ New member
Currently in Wales, United Kingdom.
Driving a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1 300TDI.
Expedition truck. In between novice and experienced haha. I've travelled the whole of Western Australia over 8 months in another Truck and some of Europe on a separate trip. Still wouldn't class me as massively experienced.

Look forward to growing with you guys.
Welcome. I look forward to some pics of interesting areas in your part of the world.
Jim

Reactions: grangelaser

Jim Newell

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

1) Calgary, Alberta
View attachment 11032

View attachment 11031
Welcome from Eastern Canada.
By the look of your rig you are well on your way to adventure.
Jim

Jim Newell

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm Alex (Scenic City Overland) from Chattanooga TN. I've got a 2010 Jeep JKU and a custom built trailer. I've been camping and backpacking my whole life and had a jeep since college, but my first real big overlanding trip was this summer. We did around 1600 miles of back-roads and trails though Kentucky, Tennessee and a bit Virginia. The loop we did is called the Kentucky Adventure Tour, and it was fantastic! I'm officially hooked and hope to get out more for longer and longer trips.

See you on the trail!

View attachment 10559 View attachment 10560 View attachment 10561
Welcome. Thanks for mentioning the trail you took last Summer (Kentucky Adventure Tour). This is the sort of thing some of us other members appreciate about the global reach of this forum. More info on this trail would be awesome.
Thanks, Jim

Reactions: Sudingusnavy

Jim Newell

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greeting from the Land of the Rising Sun, my name is Joedie (Yes, I know but I am a guy) :grinning::grinning:

I am currently stationed in Japan and have been interested in Overlanding for a while now, so I finally made the choice to go for it!!!!!!!! I am a total Novice so please forgive any questions I am ask but I believe in the KIS method (Keep It SIMPLE)

My current vehicle is a 1998 Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear van
View attachment 10874
Welcome Joedie. Love your rig. I have imported 2 Delica Spacegears into Canada over the last 5 years. They are very well received in Canada. No corrosion, well maintained and full of features and options. I drove one full time for a couple years and had it off road quite a bit. Myself and everyone I was with were always impressed with the performance of these vehicles.
Jim
2014-04-26 15.33.39.jpg

Reactions: Joedie

Enthusiast III

Welcome. Thanks for mentioning the trail you took last Summer (Kentucky Adventure Tour). This is the sort of thing some of us other members appreciate about the global reach of this forum. More info on this trail would be awesome.
Thanks, Jim
Thanks Jim! I have a day by day writeup on ScenicCityOverland.com but if people are interested I could pull that info over here for a writeup!

Reactions: Jim Newell