Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

HI
I'm Cassandra. Reside in Kentucky. Husband has gotten me (back) into the fun and addictive world taking the dirt path. We have been fortunate to have a Wrangler JKU and now this Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. Our son has a Wrangler JK and our daughter wants to trade the SRX for a Renegade. We are still doing the normal life scene but we sneak out to the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway (98miles of great trails and history) when we get a long weekend. Husband and I want to outfit our vehicles for more adventures but it's a slow process. I like to make things myself versus buying so I have to take my time and get it right.

The Cherokee has amazed us so far. We took it on a trail recently and other than my personal reservations and not knowing the car, it did a great job...even in the water crossings. Something about it being sealed up tight!! We have some youtube videos - just search DBBB or Jeep Cherokee, it should show up.

View attachment 10687

Thanks agian..looking forward to learning more from this group. - Cassandra
I'm a big fan of "built not bought". But damn it sure takes awhile sometimes.

OffThaGrid1906

Rank IV
Launch Member
Supporter +

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Hey All! I've been following the site and FB for a while and just realized in never joined the community. I call Tucson, AZ my homebase. I am in the beginning stages of my newest rig build, a 1994 GMC 2500 suburban with a 6.5L turbo diesel. It has been used as family transport for its first 22 years. Now I look forward to giving it new life as an overland rig. Happy travels! Bryan
View attachment 10680
Welcome!

MrDanielGerber

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hi!
New member from Norway.
Car park:

'03 Smart Roadster - way more capable off the highway than you would think.

'91 Mitsu Pajero, 2.4L Petrol
Safe to say I'm a novice in the wild generally and in overlanding especially.
For now I've only done single day expeditions, either back and home again in one day, or choosing the backcountry roads when going across the country.
More trips will come, and will be documented on Instagram

Last edited:

John6

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Longmont, CO
Member #

Hey, I'm John. I am brand new to this forum.
Vehicle: 2007 Jeep JKU
Mods; 2.5" Rock Krawler 35" General Grabbers AT2, exotop roof rack.

Favorite sports to explore is GWNF. Plan on getting down to Uwharrie soon as well as PA and west Virginia. My dog Gus rides everywhere with me.

Casey Videtto

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey Everyone! I have been lurking on the OB Instagram and facebook pages for a while and finally decided to get in on the forum. I recently got a 2016 Cherokee and am currently in search of an 01 or earlier XJ. I live in the Boston area which is a big part of why I joined this forum. If anyone can point me in the right direction for some good overlanding that would be great!
I grew up in Colorado and did a bit of wheeling out there. Not nearly enough to call myself experienced though. Anyway, I look forward to reading up in the forum!.... oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

ArchaeoWolf

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Missoula, Montana
Member #

Cheers Everyone!
Much as I'd like to say that I am a "New" Member, that is a bit of a bald lie....I joined this site a year or more ago. Im just terrible about getting all my computer stuff done that isn't related to my Master's degree. But Im getting better! Anyway, I've been overland exploring most of my life around Montana, though I never really called it overlanding until recently. I look forward to communicating more and seeing who is in my neck of the woods and who is traveling through! Cheers!

Attachments

Last edited:

rmerron

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Scottsboro, Alabama, USA
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Welcome all new comers. I think you will enjoy the comrade of the OB group. Some of the best folks you can find and we are growing. Welcome!

Sudingusnavy

Rank III

Contributor III

Corpus Christi, Texas
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Suding
Member #

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Carl Suding. I drive a 2011 Nissan Frontier Pro4X. I am a US Navy veteran, that is now a full time student on my last year of college at Texas A&M Corpus Christi getting a degree in Environmental Science. I have always had a love for the outdoors and using my vehicles to take me places off the beaten path. I'm excited to be apart of the Overland Bound community.

FrankR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chico, Ca
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Rebelo
Member #

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Carl Suding. I drive a 2011 Nissan Frontier Pro4X. I am a US Navy veteran, that is now a full time student on my last year of college at Texas A&M Corpus Christi getting a degree in Environmental Science. I have always had a love for the outdoors and using my vehicles to take me places off the beaten path. I'm excited to be apart of the Overland Bound community.

Welcome!! I am a environmental science major myself, and currently in Texas as well! Nice rig!

Reactions: Sudingusnavy

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

Greetings! my name is Mike, i'm based out of sunny Las Vegas.
My current rig is a 2016 Jeep Patriot (yes yes, laugh it up) with the FD2 package (for the non-Jeepers, that package gives the Patriot it's trail-rated badge).
I am relatively new to the overlanding world, but I spent much of the past decade or so camping, backpacking, and other assorted outdoor activities. I discovered the mystical science of 4 wheel drive back in 2013, when I bought my first self-owned vehicle, and my current project vehicle ('98 Chevy K1500 Z71). I bought the Patriot because I missed going offroading, and what had been my daily ('02 Chevy 2500HD), was and is a work truck, 2wd, not really meant to go offroad. So, I pickup up the 'Riot, and have gone on a few short adventures already.
I'm active in several GM and Jeep forums, and i'm looking forward to being active in this one as well!
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

That is a good looking truck.

codesertrat

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

Greetings! my name is Mike, i'm based out of sunny Las Vegas.
My current rig is a 2016 Jeep Patriot (yes yes, laugh it up) with the FD2 package (for the non-Jeepers, that package gives the Patriot it's trail-rated badge).
I am relatively new to the overlanding world, but I spent much of the past decade or so camping, backpacking, and other assorted outdoor activities. I discovered the mystical science of 4 wheel drive back in 2013, when I bought my first self-owned vehicle, and my current project vehicle ('98 Chevy K1500 Z71). I bought the Patriot because I missed going offroading, and what had been my daily ('02 Chevy 2500HD), was and is a work truck, 2wd, not really meant to go offroad. So, I pickup up the 'Riot, and have gone on a few short adventures already.
I'm active in several GM and Jeep forums, and i'm looking forward to being active in this one as well!
[/URL][/IMG]
Welcome. There are a few local vegas groups that are really active

Dmitriy_STELLAR

Rank II

Advocate II

Hello everyone,
My name is Dmitriy. Im from Sacramento, CA.
Been a camper, offroader and overall explorer since I had a driver license. Done a few long distance trips as well. (Does that qualify me as a overlander?)

Have had quite a few rigs over the years. My current project is a triple locked 80 Series Land Cruiser. I do fabrication on a side, so most of the work will be original design. Here is a pic of my 94. Its still a work in progress. Im just finishing up the suspension and drivetrain.

Here is my 92 LC that I sold last year.

http://s743.photobucket.com/user/eurosonik/media/1992%20Land%20Cruiser/IMG_1657_zpsmlhkxsj8.jpg.html

My first 4x4 was a 1998 Mitsubishi Montero, I still have it. Its another work in progress thats kind of been on the backburner for a while. It was what got me really interested in 4x4 world.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Hello everyone,
My name is Dmitriy. Im from Sacramento, CA.
Been a camper, offroader and overall explorer since I had a driver license. Done a few long distance trips as well. (Does that qualify me as a overlander?)

Have had quite a few rigs over the years. My current project is a triple locked 80 Series Land Cruiser. I do fabrication on a side, so most of the work will be original design. Here is a pic of my 94. Its still a work in progress. Im just finishing up the suspension and drivetrain.

Here is my 92 LC that I sold last year.

My first 4x4 was a 1998 Mitsubishi Montero, I still have it. Its another work in progress thats kind of been on the backburner for a while. It was what got me really interested in 4x4 world.

Excellent Rigs!

Aren't they always 'Works In Progress', without end?

Lets see a thread with some fab work!