giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

What's up guys!
Newb to this forum but long time Overlander & Rock Crawler
I'm 23, Active Military From Reno, NV but stationed out here in Washington DC for the next 2 years
So right now im just building my rigs so theyll be ready when i move back home
the questions i had was can the first 500 members still pick out the emblem number of their choice, if they still can?
how do i know if the number i would like is not already taken?
i was looking for 1911 or 0511 or 1993 or 2001 or 7773

i got a couple "Rigs" Two of them Back at my Mom's in Reno NV and the other Three out here with me
got my first truck when i was 18
1979 F150

then bought my Favorite truck (still is) when i was 19. thats where my real project started
2001 F250 7.3 Powerstroke

after my first deployment i'd just turn 21 and bought my First Rock Crawler
1984 Toyota pick-up

Once i moved to DC last year i figured i needed a more city friendly rig
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

Then i just recently bought this banging Camaro, first car ive ever owned kinda
2014 Camaro ZL1 (6.2L Supercharged)
Welcome to the group I am new as well, you have quite a fleet of rigs going on there. I retired from the Army in 2012 so thank you for your service I appreciate it.

Enthusiast III

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm Alex (Scenic City Overland) from Chattanooga TN. I've got a 2010 Jeep JKU and a custom built trailer. I've been camping and backpacking my whole life and had a jeep since college, but my first real big overlanding trip was this summer. We did around 1600 miles of back-roads and trails though Kentucky, Tennessee and a bit Virginia. The loop we did is called the Kentucky Adventure Tour, and it was fantastic! I'm officially hooked and hope to get out more for longer and longer trips.

See you on the trail!

ExpoTrailer.jpg Jeep and Trailer.jpg Jeep.jpg

Contributor I

Hi Alex! I'm next. Well I'm Andrew actually. I'm from and currently in San Diego CA. I've been camping my entire life. Use to do full blown rock trucks but was always jealous of these comfy off road rigs. So now I have downsized to a fj80. I was living in a lifted van touring the country for over a year. I'll be in San Deigo for a few months before I head back out.

94 Crusier details (always changing)
OME "j"springs and 35s
Locked rear and center diff
12k winch and tube bumpers
Fridge
Inside sleeping/storage and cook top/storage platform (still can seat 5 safe and comfortable)
100w solar
Sasquash lights
Awning
Removable Hammock poles off the side of bumper

Next up
Second battery
Rear tire swing out
Ladders
6" pvc shower (heated and pressurized) [emoji869]

Pic are pre solar and hammock. If anyone is interested in how I made a bed for a 6'3" individual with jump seats and storage I can take some pictures

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi Alex! I'm next. Well I'm Andrew actually. I'm from and currently in San Diego CA. I've been camping my entire life. Use to do full blown rock trucks but was always jealous of these comfy off road rigs. So now I have downsized to a fj80. I was living in a lifted van touring the country for over a year. I'll be in San Deigo for a few months before I head back out.

OME "j"springs and 35s
Fridge
Inside sleeping/storage and cook top/storage platform (still can seat 5 safe and comfortable)
100w solar
Sasquash lights
Awning

Next up
Second battery
Rear tire swing out
Ladders

Pic are pre solar and hammock. If anyone is interested in how I made a bed for a 6'3" individual with jump seats and storage I can take some pictures

Welcome Andrew!

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm Alex (Scenic City Overland) from Chattanooga TN. I've got a 2010 Jeep JKU and a custom built trailer. I've been camping and backpacking my whole life and had a jeep since college, but my first real big overlanding trip was this summer. We did around 1600 miles of back-roads and trails though Kentucky, Tennessee and a bit Virginia. The loop we did is called the Kentucky Adventure Tour, and it was fantastic! I'm officially hooked and hope to get out more for longer and longer trips.

See you on the trail!

View attachment 10559 View attachment 10560 View attachment 10561
Welcome Alex!

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
What's up guys!
Newb to this forum but long time Overlander & Rock Crawler
I'm 23, Active Military From Reno, NV but stationed out here in Washington DC for the next 2 years
So right now im just building my rigs so theyll be ready when i move back home
the questions i had was can the first 500 members still pick out the emblem number of their choice, if they still can?
how do i know if the number i would like is not already taken?
i was looking for 1911 or 0511 or 1993 or 2001 or 7773

i got a couple "Rigs" Two of them Back at my Mom's in Reno NV and the other Three out here with me
got my first truck when i was 18
1979 F150

then bought my Favorite truck (still is) when i was 19. thats where my real project started
2001 F250 7.3 Powerstroke

after my first deployment i'd just turn 21 and bought my First Rock Crawler
1984 Toyota pick-up

Once i moved to DC last year i figured i needed a more city friendly rig
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

Then i just recently bought this banging Camaro, first car ive ever owned kinda
2014 Camaro ZL1 (6.2L Supercharged)
Thank you for your service! And Welcome!!!

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB

OME "j"springs and 35s
Fridge
100w solar
Sasquash lights
Awning

Next up
Second battery
Rear tire swing out
Ladders

Welcome to the group Andrew,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey everyone,

See you on the trail!
Welcome to the group Alex, good looking Jeep.

FrankR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chico, Ca
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Rebelo
Member #

OME "j"springs and 35s
Fridge
100w solar
Sasquash lights
Awning

Next up
Second battery
Rear tire swing out
Ladders

Welcome! Awesome looking LC! [emoji106]

Reactions: Misfit_Cruiser

FrankR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chico, Ca
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Rebelo
Member #

What's up [emoji5] New member
Currently in Wales, United Kingdom.
Driving a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1 300TDI.
Expedition truck. In between novice and experienced haha. I've travelled the whole of Western Australia over 8 months in another Truck and some of Europe on a separate trip. Still wouldn't class me as massively experienced.

Look forward to growing with you guys.
Welcome to the group Thomas!