Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey all! Brand new to the overland world, had my fair share of 4x4's mostly jeeps and built more for wekend camping or mudding but now have a 2009 Jeep liberty limitied 4x4 completely stock. Wife and I just passed one year of owning and are now looking to build it for overlanding!
Alittle about me: Wife and I are always looking for adventure, whether thats Mountain biking, kayaking, snowboarding, SCUBA diving, hiking, anything and everything outdoors. We currently live in Hawaii and are moving thanks to the Army in January. I am a photographer and document all of our journeys accordingly haha so be ready for photo heavy threads!
View attachment 9730 View attachment 9731 View attachment 9732
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location- Hawaii for now, then Maryland for 4 months then Tennessee for 3 years...(Active duty Army) makes you move alot.
3) Rig 2009 Jeep Liberty (all stock)
4) Overlanding Experience Background- None, offroad expecience but no overlanding experience.
Welcome to the group Patrick,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey everyone, my name is Cody. I'm a newbie at the overlanding culture but love the rigs and the amazing videos I find on YouTube. Ive always been an outdoorsman all of my life between skiing, snowboarding, hunting, camping, etc. I currently live in Myrtle Beach, SC. Originally from Pittsburgh, PA. Hope to here from ya'll soon.
Welcome to the group Cody,

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
While im still trying to figure everything out ill start here
Location-Colorado
Rig-2007 FJ Cruiser
Experience-I have experience throughout Colorado Ive done many of the trails through Ouray and Telluride but I mainly stick to areas near Leadville,Idaho Springs and Montezuma
Welcome to the group! I lived in Buena Vista for a short time. Leadville and Ouray, are two of my favorite places :-)

Miguel Garcia

Rank 0

Traveler I

El Monte
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Garcia
Hello everybody, my name is Miguel and am relatively new to Overlanding. I love the outdoors, I've generally been off-roading with friends, but I feel like I need to try Overland, it's almost like it's calling my name. I've got a 1990 Jeep Cherokee that I would like to start off with. Oh, I'm from El Monte CA. Thanks everybody. Gnight!

lifesgood

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Culver City, CA
Member #

Hello Overlanders! My name is Jay from Los Angeles, California! Brand new to the world of overlanding and off-roading for that matter.

Grew up in Kenya with my family in the safari business so I was often in the wild enjoying nature and wildlife. Now, living in this city I crave the outdoors, but don't have a group of like minded individuals to share the experience with. Then I found OverlandBound on Instagram and my eyes lit up!

Rig: 2008 VW Touareg. Not much on it besides all terrain tires, spacers and a roof basket (which I occasionally take off).

If anyone is in or around the LA area, I would love to go for some easy/moderate day trail drives on the weekends!

Thanks all - looking forward to the many adventures to follow!

Last edited:

Miguel Garcia

Rank 0

Traveler I

El Monte
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Garcia
Hello Overlanders! My name is Jay from Los Angeles, California! Brand new to the world of overlanding and off-roading for that matter.

Grew up in Kenya with my family in the safari business so I was often in the wild enjoying nature and wildlife. Now, living in this city I crave the outdoors, but don't have a group of like minded individuals to share the experience with. Then I found OverlandBound on Instagram and my eyes lit up!

Rig: 2008 VW Touareg. Not much on it besides all terrain tires, spacers and a roof basket (which I occasionally take off).

If anyone is in or around the LA area, I would love to go for some easy/moderate day trail drives on the weekends!

Thanks all - looking forward to the many adventures to follow!

Welcome to O.B.

DukeT4R

Rank III

Advocate I

Just Joined this group located in Long Beach California (the nice part) rig is a 2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with slight modifications. The wife loves camping and hiking (not trail driving :-( ). But I want to get out more and maybe she will like a scenic route with good stoping points with minimal only trail riding . Hoping to get great ideas here and other friends nearby

Last edited:

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Just Joined this group located in Long Beach California (the nice part) rig is a 2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with slight modifications. The wife loves camping and hiking (not trail driving :-( ). But I want to get out more and maybe she will like a scenic route with good stoping points with minimal only trail riding . Hoping to get great ideas here and other friends nearby
"the nice part", Love it! :)

I grew up in the LBC (Bixby Knolls to be exact), Long Beach is a great city, it's just super big and like many big cities... it has it's rough spots. Welcome, and please post a pic of your rig... I had a 2002 4Runner for over 10 years until someone smashed into while it was parked! :(

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Sweet 4Runner!! Thanks for posting :)

The X next to yours in this pic is similar to what I'm running now.

Miguel Garcia

Rank 0

Traveler I

El Monte
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Garcia
That's a great looking rig right there! I might go that route in the future once kids start popping out. Until then, I'll stick to my xj.

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Thanks that is my good friends . I had an X in 07 but it wasn't 4wd so I let it go. What does your X look like?
I just got it a month or two ago, so its still needs to be outfitted a bit more before we get too crazy with it. It's a 2012 Pro 4x, and stock with the exception of the newly added Garvin drop-in Adventure Roof Rack and Raingler cargo barrier and roof rack cargo netting. Oh, and I picked of a set of those awesome Plano Sportsman Storage Cases that Michael from OB uses on his rig. The smaller 1719 model, since my rack is much smaller than the GOBI racks.

xterraproj1.jpg xterraproj2.jpg