Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi there!
I'm Joachim, but please call me Joey.
I'm from Norway and I'm a 33 year old car enthusiast who loves watching overlanding videos on youtube and dreams of going on such trips by myself some day.

1) I don't actually have a rig yet (all I have is a lowered convertible)
2) Location: Norway.
3) Rig: A lowered french convertible for now. (1998, Peugeot, 306, 1.6 with a non-responsive roof.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: No overlanding experience yet. (that might change in a few years though.)
Welcome Joey! I've got relatives in Oslo. So amazing there!

Last edited:

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Been reading on the forum a while and watching the youtube channel so I figured I might as well join.
My vehicle is a 1958 jeep willys fc-170. It is a build in progress but the plan is a Maggiolina RTT on the back with pull out drawers mounted beneath the tent for storage.

It is far from original/ stock. (hydraulic dump bed, 1 ton axles, sbc V8 and double transfer cases will do that) :smirk:
Welcome to the group! That truck is AMAZING! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Reactions: Livingthebuslife

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi everyone,

My name is Josh and I live in Victoria Australia I wouldn't call myself experienced so I'm probably closer to a novice.

My rig is a 2003 Land Cruiser 100 series sahara V8 petrol (gas) sadly the turbo diesels cost a fortune.

Hi Josh! Welcome! You certainly live on the right continent for Overlanding. Nice looking rig!

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello. I'm happy to be part of the group. I've been watching here for awhile waiting to join until I actually had a vehicle. After months of searching for a Land Cruiser that was in good shape and wouldn't break the budget I finally found one sort of, it's a Lexus LX470. It's a little fancy for me but it'll get the job done.

Location - SF Bay Area (East Bay)
Rig - 2006 Lexus, LX 470 - stock
Overland Experience - zilch...unless you count watching Michael's video and reading this forum.

I'm so happy this community is here. Earlier this year, I saw a video on YouTube about a Sportsmobile trip on the Mojave Road and heard the term "overlanding". I googled it and found some of Michael's videos and it's been an obsession ever since. I was intimated at first, as I'm the farthest thing from a mechanic, but the desire to get out there away from civilization and the existence of a community like made it seem possible. So a big "thank you" is in order for what you've all created. I will pay it forward.

I'm excited to get started on building out the rig for overlanding and camping with the family. Here's a pic of the yet to be named rig (I can't keep calling it "the Lexus")

Thanks again.

Jeremy
Welcome Jeremy! The 470 is a great platform. There's so much you can do with it. Even stock, they're a great rig. Glad to have you on board!

rickashay

Rank 0

Contributor I

Just wanted to say hello! Was asked by a couple people to join over here. I have lurked over the last year or so and thought it was time to sign up and contribute. Looks like a great group with great ideals, stoked to be a part!

1) Picture: I have too many... soon you'll all be sick of seeing too many of my photos! lol
2) Location: Calgary, Canada but the mountains are my "home"
3) Rig: New project underway (shown below)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I've been here and there. This trail and that. Broken some stuff, dented some stuff, travelled far and wide, learnt even more, had more memorable experiences than I can count, and met some of my closest friends doing this hobby. I'm addicted and stoked to meet more people with the same attitude.

I'll start a build thread for my newest project soon, but here are a couple photos from my previous builds (oldest to most current):

What started it all - 95' Pickup 4x4

IMG_7290
by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

The Dirt Duster - 98' 4Runner

20120203-IMG_0606.jpg

Tom Cruiser - 97' LX450

20130513-IMG_2617.jpg

Phil the 4th Gen - 08' 4Runner Sport Edition (my attempt at a "OEM+" build)

IMG_6812.jpg

#Doug - 04' Tundra (Sale Pending)

IMG_7392.jpg

New to the garage, RickRunner - 05' 4Runner Ltd. V8 (27,000 miles on the clock)

IMG_8113.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick Kirby

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tennessee
Member #

1) Picture: Profile Pic.
2) Location : Fort Meade, MD
3) Rig : 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, I've done a couple trips in my old TJ and done some wheeling in NJ. Not really anything long distance or for more than a couple days camping.

I've been checking stuff out here on the forums for a few months now and thought it was about time i jump in and say HI! also just put the order in for the membership and emblem.
I'll be at meade in feb, we should look into a OB trip!

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Just wanted to say hello! Was asked by a couple people to join over here. I have lurked over the last year or so and thought it was time to sign up and contribute. Looks like a great group with great ideals, stoked to be a part!
Welcome to the group,

lvivier

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vancouver Island, Canada
Member #

Rig: 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Experience: Novice

Hi everyone, I'm Luke in Vancouver. Driving an unlikely "rig": a 2013 Range Rover Evoque :grinning:, stock except for tires (Cooper Zeon LTZ). No real mods planned apart from a sump guard.

My experience is limited, about a dozen short trips around coastal British Columbia, just car camping, beaches, and logging roads. My wife and I are going to stretch our legs in December with a visit to Mojave National Preserve and Death Valley.

Jim Newell

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rig: 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Experience: Novice

Hi everyone, I'm Luke in Vancouver. Driving an unlikely "rig": a 2013 Range Rover Evoque :grinning:, stock except for tires (Cooper Zeon LTZ). No real mods planned apart from a sump guard.

My experience is limited, about a dozen short trips around coastal British Columbia, just car camping, beaches, and logging roads. My wife and I are going to stretch our legs in December with a visit to Mojave National Preserve and Death Valley.
Welcome from Canada's other coast.
You have a comfortable ride...enjoy!
Look me up if you are ever on the East Coast.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey guys answer gals
I'm Scottie. I live in Columbus Ohio. I just purchased a 05 yota 4Runner but am not new to 4x4s at all. I am new to Toyota ( previous jeep owner) so I'm excited to learn all there is to know
Welcome to the group Scottie,

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Hey guys.. Here is my junk... 2004.5 dodge ram 2500 Diesel with a 6 spd manual.. Lots of goodies including a leitner designs acs rack and a cvt mount Denali roof top tent..

Experience is novice to intermediate. I try to get out somewhere at least 1 or 2 weekends a month. On to some pics of my inaugural trip with my cvt, last weekend in Joshua tree with my 4 year old...

Scott

Last edited:

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey guys.. Here is my junk... 2004.5 dodge ram 2500 Diesel with a 6 spd manual.. Lots of goodies including a leitner designs acs rack and a cvt mount Denali roof top tent..

Experience is novice to intermediate. I try to get out somewhere at least 1 or 2 weekends a month. On to some pics of my inaugural trip with my cvt, last weekend in Joshua tree with my 4 year old...

Scott
Another CTD, Welcome to the Group

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX

1) Picture: I have too many... soon you'll all be sick of seeing too many of my photos! lol
2) Location: Calgary, Canada but the mountains are my "home"
3) Rig: New project underway (shown below)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I've been here and there. This trail and that. Broken some stuff, dented some stuff, travelled far and wide, learnt even more, had more memorable experiences than I can count, and met some of my closest friends doing this hobby. I'm addicted and stoked to meet more people with the same attitude.

I'll start a build thread for my newest project soon, but here are a couple photos from my previous builds (oldest to most current):

What started it all - 95' Pickup 4x4

IMG_7290

The Dirt Duster - 98' 4Runner

20120203-IMG_0606.jpg

Tom Cruiser - 97' LX450

20130513-IMG_2617.jpg

Phil the 4th Gen - 08' 4Runner Sport Edition (my attempt at a "OEM+" build)

IMG_6812.jpg

#Doug - 04' Tundra (Sale Pending)

IMG_7392.jpg

New to the garage, RickRunner - 05' 4Runner Ltd. V8 (27,000 miles on the clock)

IMG_8113.jpg
Nice set of rigs! Welcome!!!

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

Scott
Howdy Scott! Welcome.

Livingthebuslife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Eureka, CA
Member #

Great looking Jeep! Love the 2 door! Where are you out west now?
Thank you so much. We have been tempted several times to go with a 4 door but, we fell in love with our 2 door. :hearteyes:
We are currently in Eureka, CA and have been exploring the surrounding areas. We've been out to Redding, Tahoe, Shasta, Eugene and Bend, OR etc...
Looking to find a group to go exploring with. So far I have only found one group locally but we have been out on trips every time their meet occurs (once a month on a Tuesday). :neutral:
There is beautiful country side right around the corner from us but the locals keep telling me I shouldn't go exploring too far around here due to the growers in the area being a bit protective of their crops.... Need a local to keep us from winding up in the wrong place or the wrong side of the dirt! lol

Reactions: TheMcCalls