Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hi Im new to here I wheel a 2012 Jeep KK with some minor mods, she's still a work in progress. Im always seeking new adventure.
Welcome to the group Elan,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello Overlanders! My name is Jay from Los Angeles, California! Brand new to the world of overlanding and off-roading for that matter.

Grew up in Kenya with my family in the safari business so I was often in the wild enjoying nature and wildlife. Now, living in this city I crave the outdoors, but don't have a group of like minded individuals to share the experience with. Then I found OverlandBound on Instagram and my eyes lit up!

Rig: 2008 VW Touareg. Not much on it besides all terrain tires, spacers and a roof basket (which I occasionally take off).

If anyone is in or around the LA area, I would love to go for some easy/moderate day trail drives on the weekends!

Thanks all - looking forward to the many adventures to follow!
Welcome to the group Jay,

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hello everyone. I just started getting into the overland side of things. Been following Overland Bound for awhile. I have three boys that love going with me. I have a 2015 JKU that i have started outfitting and I just started on a trailer build. Looking forward to learning and sharing my experiences.

Reactions: Miguel Garcia

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello everyone. I just started getting into the overland side of things. Been following Overland Bound for awhile. I have three boys that love going with me. I have a 2015 JKU that i have started outfitting and I just started on a trailer build. Looking forward to learning and sharing my experiences.
Welcome to the group Travis,

Advocate II

What a great forum ! And thx for informative videos on YouTube.

We are a family of four who travels with our awd eurovan camper all over europe. Next longer trip is to Marokko in february/march.

On my solo return I do Les Comes 4x4 Festival 2017 for the second year running. Such a great event.

(In a couple of weeks I leave snow and ice. Destination is Irun/Spain and endpoint is Santiago de Compostella. 800 km on my two feet. That is also overlanding in every respect. Route along the coast and lot's of different terrain. I call myself Plutselig Pilegrim and my avatar is insignia of our own camino, Saint Olav's Way.)

Last edited:

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
Hello everyone! Happy to be here and very excited to become a member of the Overlandbound community!
I just purchased my membership badges and can't wait for them to arrive!

Location - Eureka, CA
Rig - 2014, Jeep, Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
Overlanding Experience Background - We are definitely new to overlanding but have experience wheeling back home in Florida. It's a whole new world here out west and we cannot wait to get out there and gain experience in this new terrain!

My wife and I are currently travelling the U.S. (My wife does contract work in the medical field) in our bus conversion and have been bit by the overlanding bug. Hope to meet many of you while we are travelling!

Here are a few pictures of our rig!
View attachment 9671
View attachment 9672
View attachment 9673
Great looking Jeep! Love the 2 door! Where are you out west now?

Reactions: Livingthebuslife

Jeremy C

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Berkeley, CA
Member #

Hello. I'm happy to be part of the group. I've been watching here for awhile waiting to join until I actually had a vehicle. After months of searching for a Land Cruiser that was in good shape and wouldn't break the budget I finally found one sort of, it's a Lexus LX470. It's a little fancy for me but it'll get the job done.

Location - SF Bay Area (East Bay)
Rig - 2006 Lexus, LX 470 - stock
Overland Experience - zilch...unless you count watching Michael's video and reading this forum.

I'm so happy this community is here. Earlier this year, I saw a video on YouTube about a Sportsmobile trip on the Mojave Road and heard the term "overlanding". I googled it and found some of Michael's videos and it's been an obsession ever since. I was intimated at first, as I'm the farthest thing from a mechanic, but the desire to get out there away from civilization and the existence of a community like made it seem possible. So a big "thank you" is in order for what you've all created. I will pay it forward.

I'm excited to get started on building out the rig for overlanding and camping with the family. Here's a pic of the yet to be named rig (I can't keep calling it "the Lexus")

Thanks again.

Jeremy

Attachments

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
Hello. I'm happy to be part of the group. I've been watching here for awhile waiting to join until I actually had a vehicle. After months of searching for a Land Cruiser that was in good shape and wouldn't break the budget I finally found one sort of, it's a Lexus LX470. It's a little fancy for me but it'll get the job done.

Location - SF Bay Area (East Bay)
Rig - 2006 Lexus, LX 470 - stock
Overland Experience - zilch...unless you count watching Michael's video and reading this forum.

I'm so happy this community is here. Earlier this year, I saw a video on YouTube about a Sportsmobile trip on the Mojave Road and heard the term "overlanding". I googled it and found some of Michael's videos and it's been an obsession ever since. I was intimated at first, as I'm the farthest thing from a mechanic, but the desire to get out there away from civilization and the existence of a community like made it seem possible. So a big "thank you" is in order for what you've all created. I will pay it forward.

I'm excited to get started on building out the rig for overlanding and camping with the family. Here's a pic of the yet to be named rig (I can't keep calling it "the Lexus")

Thanks again.

Jeremy
Jeremy,

You're off to a great start! Good looking rig, and from what I hear, the LX470 is a great platform. A lot of people out there that can help and are very willing to answer questions. It's a great community, glad to have you part of it!

Scott/trleatr/OB1836

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Hi there!
I'm Joachim, but please call me Joey.
I'm from Norway and I'm a 33 year old car enthusiast who loves watching overlanding videos on youtube and dreams of going on such trips by myself some day.

1) I don't actually have a rig yet (all I have is a lowered convertible)
2) Location: Norway.
3) Rig: A lowered french convertible for now. (1998, Peugeot, 306, 1.6)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: No overlanding experience yet. (that might change in a few years though.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelly

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hi there!
I'm Joachim, but please call me Joey.
I'm from Norway and I'm a 33 year old car enthusiast who loves watching overlanding videos on youtube and dreams of going on such trips by myself some day.

1) I don't actually have a rig yet (all I have is a lowered convertible)
2) Location: Norway.
3) Rig: A lowered french convertible for now. (1998, Peugeot, 306, 1.6 with a non-responsive roof.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: No overlanding experience yet. (that might change in a few years though.)
Welcome to the group Joey,

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello Overlanders! My name is Jay from Los Angeles, California! Brand new to the world of overlanding and off-roading for that matter.

Grew up in Kenya with my family in the safari business so I was often in the wild enjoying nature and wildlife. Now, living in this city I crave the outdoors, but don't have a group of like minded individuals to share the experience with. Then I found OverlandBound on Instagram and my eyes lit up!

Rig: 2008 VW Touareg. Not much on it besides all terrain tires, spacers and a roof basket (which I occasionally take off).

If anyone is in or around the LA area, I would love to go for some easy/moderate day trail drives on the weekends!

Thanks all - looking forward to the many adventures to follow!

Welcome Jay!!!

Ernesto Del Real

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Mead Valley, CA
First Name
Ernesto
Last Name
Del Real
Member #

1) Picture: Profile Pic.
2) Location : Fort Meade, MD
3) Rig : 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, I've done a couple trips in my old TJ and done some wheeling in NJ. Not really anything long distance or for more than a couple days camping.

I've been checking stuff out here on the forums for a few months now and thought it was about time i jump in and say HI! also just put the order in for the membership and emblem.

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Been reading on the forum a while and watching the youtube channel so I figured I might as well join.
My vehicle is a 1958 jeep willys fc-170. It is a build in progress but the plan is a Maggiolina RTT on the back with pull out drawers mounted beneath the tent for storage.

It is far from original/ stock. (hydraulic dump bed, 1 ton axles, sbc V8 and double transfer cases will do that) :smirk:

Last edited:

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
1) Picture: Profile Pic.
2) Location : Fort Meade, MD
3) Rig : 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, I've done a couple trips in my old TJ and done some wheeling in NJ. Not really anything long distance or for more than a couple days camping.

I've been checking stuff out here on the forums for a few months now and thought it was about time i jump in and say HI! also just put the order in for the membership and emblem.
Welcome to the group Ernesto! Glad you're with us. We need more Grand Cherokees ;-)