Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there,

Getting back into off roading and overlanding after a 4-5 year break. Sold my 1997 LC that was fully built and supercharged. Biggest regret I have. Now looking at building my 2013 Tundra for light overlanding just did bumpers, suspension, tires, sliders, armor and decked drawers.
Also, looking at get a fully built FJ/4runner or Taco for the more extreme with all the bells and whisles.
Looking to join some trips soon!
Currently in the Bay area CA until I can exit this falied State:)
Have done many trips before and a gear junkie.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave. Dave also runs the Tri Valley monthly meet-up you might be interested in.
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I’m Tanner and I’m in and around Columbia and Fort Mill, SC. Im quite a novice and really excited to get more experience overlanding! My rig is a ‘08 Jeep Liberty.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,
I'm Jason, new to the forum and to overlanding. I live in Los Angeles (West LA area) and work in the entertainment industry and am also a part time photographer. My rig is a 2015 Subaru Outback. Been slowly putting more work into it over the years but it's been great for getting me out on adventures to photograph, go climbing, camping, fly fishing, and snowboarding, just love getting out there. Look forward to being part of the community.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jason.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: FrankRoams

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello everyone, I'm Tim and live in Nashville, TN. I drive a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 with a few minor aftermarket mods. I also have a 1975 FJ 40 with a SOA lift and a few other mods. I would consider myself a competent overlander. My outdoor roots started with backpacking and hunting with camping mixed in with all of it. I am looking forward to meeting new folks and getting out of the city more frequently.
Welcome from Kingston Springs!
We have a trip next weekend to LBL if you are interested... Link to the event Rally Point below.
Tennessee - Land Between the Lakes - Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello fellow adventurers. I usually travel with my son Raleigh, we are located in middle TN. We enjoy fishing, camping, traveling, off roading, hunting, hiking, mountains, foraging, etc! Thanks for the forums and I look forward to having fun & learning a lot here.
We have an event next weekend at LBL if you and Raleigh would like to join us! Link below.
LBL Rally Point event link.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon all-

Current Vehicle: 2020 RAM 2500 Power Wagon
Previous Vehicle: 2004 Ford Explorer
Overland Experience: Novice? Lots of car camping and backpacking but little point to point vehicular travel...View attachment 172241
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: FrankRoams

CubbyXL7

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

Howdy from Central Texas

Excited about finding this organization. Used to be a Jeeper (still am at heart), but my travel requirements were just a bit much for my 89 YJ. So sold it and dumping the money into my 2007 Ford Expedition (2WD unfortunately for now) aka “Elmo”.

There have been many mods on Elmo with more to come. Biggest one right now is waiting on delivery of my Ironbull Defender 4 bumper which I will equip with a Smittybilt X20 12K winch.

On the list as well is potential for 4WD conversion and diesel conversion.

Pictures will follow once email the bumper and winch are installed.

In the meantime, got these in the mail today.

Retired Marine and been outside most of my life. So, this org seems right up my alley.

Looking forward to learning and participating.

#adventureisnecessary

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy from Central Texas

Excited about finding this organization. Used to be a Jeeper (still am at heart), but my travel requirements were just a bit much for my 89 YJ. So sold it and dumping the money into my 2007 Ford Expedition (2WD unfortunately for now) aka “Elmo”.

There have been many mods on Elmo with more to come. Biggest one right now is waiting on delivery of my Ironbull Defender 4 bumper which I will equip with a Smittybilt X20 12K winch.

On the list as well is potential for 4WD conversion and diesel conversion.

Pictures will follow once email the bumper and winch are installed.

In the meantime, got these in the mail today.

Retired Marine and been outside most of my life. So, this org seems right up my alley.

Looking forward to learning and participating.

#adventureisnecessary
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle: Jeep Gladiator
I'm a complete novice to overlanding. Just got my first jeep after wanting one for 20 years and love getting out and driving it. Hoping to find some beginner trails in my area to get me started.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Overland

Msquare

Rank 0

Traveler I

Central WA
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Roberts
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7CBR
Hello! I'm brand new to the site and just beginning my journey! I will be retiring soon after a very rewarding career as a firefighter. I have a truck that so far is set up as capable. Looking to take it further and do some off the grid camping. I'm a big cycling fan, both road and mountain.

My wife and I just celebrated our 25th Anniversary, we enjoy a lot of the same activities, though this is one she is not to interested in....yet. :)

I'm looking forward to sharing info with you and being a sponge for your experiences!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello! I'm brand new to the site and just beginning my journey! I will be retiring soon after a very rewarding career as a firefighter. I have a truck that so far is set up as capable. Looking to take it further and do some off the grid camping. I'm a big cycling fan, both road and mountain.

My wife and I just celebrated our 25th Anniversary, we enjoy a lot of the same activities, though this is one she is not to interested in....yet. :)

I'm looking forward to sharing info with you and being a sponge for your experiences!
Welcome Marty,
I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative. We have a very active group in the Tri-Cities who go out almost every weekend on trail rides or campouts. I encourage you to head over to the Tri-Cities Clubhouse and introduce yourself in that thread.

I see you are already a Ham, the communications forum is a great spot to hang out and discuss equipment and theory. We have a weekly net on EchoLink every Friday at 5:30 pm. I encourage you to jump on if you’re able.

Check out Overland abound By Region<North America < US Northwest for news and information pertaining to our region.

Once again, welcome Marty. I look forward to seeing you on the trails.

Any questions don’t hesitate to reach out to myself or @PNW EXPLR.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Msquare

Rank 0

Traveler I

Central WA
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Roberts
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7CBR
Welcome Marty,
I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative. We have a very active group in the Tri-Cities who go out almost every weekend on trail rides or campouts. I encourage you to head over to the Tri-Cities Clubhouse and introduce yourself in that thread.

I see you are already a Ham, the communications forum is a great spot to hang out and discuss equipment and theory. We have a weekly net on EchoLink every Friday at 5:30 pm. I encourage you to jump on if you’re able.

Check out Overland abound By Region<North America < US Northwest for news and information pertaining to our region.

Once again, welcome Marty. I look forward to seeing you on the trails.

Any questions don’t hesitate to reach out to myself or @PNW EXPLR.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Hi Mike -

Thanks for the warm welcome and info! I will take a look at the Tri-Cities info/page.

What channel on Echolink?

Cheers - Marty

Matt Meyers

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Lyles, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Meyers
Member #

We have an event next weekend at LBL if you and Raleigh would like to join us! Link below.
LBL Rally Point event link.
I saw that and would love to go but he has soccer games Saturday mornings until November. Maybe it’ll get rained out and we can come up for a night!

Borislander

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Silver Spring, MD, USA
First Name
Vennak
Last Name
Pouch
Member #

I'm a little over a week old as a member of this community. So I joined this community as way to meet and get to know people in my area and the world with same interest and to one day put together an ambitious plan for a long adventure, but I am a bit discouraged as of today. This is not my first car or adventure club, I belong to a couple of of land rover clubs that does off road events through out the year, but it is mostly a weekend kind of event. I was excited after I decided to join the community, I looked up for rally points in and around my area in Silver Spring , MD. I found that there was a rally scheduled for today 10-04-2020 from 0900 hours-1200 hours (9 am- 12 pm)in Sykesville, MD. I reached out to the event organizer a few days prior to the meet and greet. I got a replied informing to attend the meet up. Although I don't mind the drive, it takes me close to an hour to get from where I live to the meet up location. I got to the location at around 10 am and I was the only one there. waited around for about 30 mins, but still no one else showed up. I reached out to the organizer for the status but no response. An hour went by and still no one! so I decided to reach out to those that were on the attending list for inquiry. No response, None1! This is not what I expected from fellow members. I felt like I was stood up. I'm not giving up on this community yet because I know there are lots of friendly and welcoming members out there with the same adventurous souls. My first OB event left me with a bitter feeling with the event organizer due to lack of courtesy. Maybe I will organize a meet and greet sometime soon for all members new and old. Stay tune...Vennak

AlamoCruiser

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Hey yall, my name is Michael and I'm a new member to OB. Idk my number yet since the badge is still enroute, but I'm excited to be here and hopefully meet some like-minded people to explore the trails with!

2) Location: I'm currently located in Texas, bouncing between San Angelo and San Antonio
3) Rig: 2003 Lexus LX470, two owners before me, zero rust whatsoever, and completely unmodified when I purchased it. So far I've just added 33" KM3s, but I'll be getting sliders here in the next month or so
4) Overlanding Experience Background: It's kind of a mixed bag. I've been on plenty of overlanding trips since I was young with my parents in old Land Rovers. As far as driving and recovery skills, I'd place them at an intermediate level. I've had plenty of time behind the wheel in race cars and have driven a decent amount offroad, but I've never really pushed the limit on anything. I have an okay knowledge on recovery tactics, but I'm not 100% confident in the actual execution.

Feel free to contact me and hit me up, especially if you're in my area. I don't know anyone that does this sort of thing, so I'm keen to meeting people!

Twin Buttes 27.09.2020 (2).png

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign