Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Sup Fam,

My name is Deyon. I'm new to overlanding and camping in general. The crowds I rolled with never talked about this stuff. Happy to be here. I'm slowly acquiring the knowledge and equipment to take on adventures.

The most exciting part of all of this is that I'm closing in on the end of a messy divorce ending a messy toxic marriage of 17 years. My ex was violent, controlling, demeaning, and judgmental. Ending that relationship means that I now get to spend my time, energy and resources where I choose to. That means fun stuff like this. The contrast between then and now is pretty drastic.

I've sold our Denver Colorado home and I'm now on the road. Recently, I've been hanging out between SC (Mount Pleasant) and GA (Savannah/Pooler).

My rig is a stock Black 2017 RAM 1500. Got it used about a year ago.

Welcome from Okotoks, Alberta, Canada. Glad you joined OB. Cool ride you got there. Hope one day you’ll make it north of the border. There’s great country out there to explore and enjoy. Stay safe and journey on.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Feom Silver Spring, MD Michael, welcome aboard! I'm too is a relatively new member. This is the primary reason why i took the leap to join thw OB community, too meet like minded people accross the nation and the globe. Who knows, maybe i will out out at your nwck of the woods one day and you can show me some great off roading spots. Same goes on my end if you are ever on this side of the cpuntry. like your rig, one of my choice of vehicle. I've been trying to get a buddy of mine to sell me his for sometime now, but he won't! He is the original.owner and he keeps it in pristine condition. As for vehicles goes, glad to hear that you had land rover in your blood in your young days. I have a few of them today. Well, welcome aboard. Vennak
Hello Vennak, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all!

I live just south of Atlanta, Georgia. Started exploring National Forrest Service roads, WMA’s, and unpaved road last year when I bought my Tundra.
Current vehicle is a 2020 Tundra. Upgraded the suspension to a full OME set up w/ Dakar leaf pack. Full skid plates, winch, and enough lights to explore the dark side of the moon .
Been having fun exploring and meeting new people! I have yet to actually camp out of the truck, as all of my exploring has been on day trips. My job keeps me busy 50-60 hours a week, so most exploring is on Saturdays or Sundays.
Hello Erik, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Sup Fam,

My name is Deyon. I'm new to overlanding and camping in general. The crowds I rolled with never talked about this stuff. Happy to be here. I'm slowly acquiring the knowledge and equipment to take on adventures.

The most exciting part of all of this is that I'm closing in on the end of a messy divorce ending a messy toxic marriage of 17 years. My ex was violent, controlling, demeaning, and judgmental. Ending that relationship means that I now get to spend my time, energy and resources where I choose to. That means fun stuff like this. The contrast between then and now is pretty drastic.

I've sold our Denver Colorado home and I'm now on the road. Recently, I've been hanging out between SC (Mount Pleasant) and GA (Savannah/Pooler).

My rig is a stock Black 2017 RAM 1500. Got it used about a year ago.

Hello Deyon, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Vehicle: Jeep Gladiator
I'm a complete novice to overlanding. Just got my first jeep after wanting one for 20 years and love getting out and driving it. Hoping to find some beginner trails in my area to get me started.
Vehicle: Jeep Gladiator
I'm a complete novice to overlanding. Just got my first jeep after wanting one for 20 years and love getting out and driving it. Hoping to find some beginner trails in my area to get me started.
Hello Joseph, welcome to the OB commuity.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Howdy from Central Texas

Excited about finding this organization. Used to be a Jeeper (still am at heart), but my travel requirements were just a bit much for my 89 YJ. So sold it and dumping the money into my 2007 Ford Expedition (2WD unfortunately for now) aka “Elmo”.

There have been many mods on Elmo with more to come. Biggest one right now is waiting on delivery of my Ironbull Defender 4 bumper which I will equip with a Smittybilt X20 12K winch.

On the list as well is potential for 4WD conversion and diesel conversion.

Pictures will follow once email the bumper and winch are installed.

In the meantime, got these in the mail today.

Retired Marine and been outside most of my life. So, this org seems right up my alley.

Looking forward to learning and participating.

#adventureisnecessary
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB community, and thank you for your service.

Reactions: Kent R and CubbyXL7

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello! I'm brand new to the site and just beginning my journey! I will be retiring soon after a very rewarding career as a firefighter. I have a truck that so far is set up as capable. Looking to take it further and do some off the grid camping. I'm a big cycling fan, both road and mountain.

My wife and I just celebrated our 25th Anniversary, we enjoy a lot of the same activities, though this is one she is not to interested in....yet. :)

I'm looking forward to sharing info with you and being a sponge for your experiences!
Hello Marty, welcome to the OB community. Happy 25th, that's great. Hopefully your wife will warm up to the overlanding lifestyle.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Thank you for the add! I like to run “easy” stuff in Colorado in my Taco. Starting to look toward multi day adventures and this community is where it is at. I don’t have any recent photos on my phone as it’s new... but here is my butt

View attachment 172476
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I'm a little over a week old as a member of this community. So I joined this community as way to meet and get to know people in my area and the world with same interest and to one day put together an ambitious plan for a long adventure, but I am a bit discouraged as of today. This is not my first car or adventure club, I belong to a couple of of land rover clubs that does off road events through out the year, but it is mostly a weekend kind of event. I was excited after I decided to join the community, I looked up for rally points in and around my area in Silver Spring , MD. I found that there was a rally scheduled for today 10-04-2020 from 0900 hours-1200 hours (9 am- 12 pm)in Sykesville, MD. I reached out to the event organizer a few days prior to the meet and greet. I got a replied informing to attend the meet up. Although I don't mind the drive, it takes me close to an hour to get from where I live to the meet up location. I got to the location at around 10 am and I was the only one there. waited around for about 30 mins, but still no one else showed up. I reached out to the organizer for the status but no response. An hour went by and still no one! so I decided to reach out to those that were on the attending list for inquiry. No response, None1! This is not what I expected from fellow members. I felt like I was stood up. I'm not giving up on this community yet because I know there are lots of friendly and welcoming members out there with the same adventurous souls. My first OB event left me with a bitter feeling with the event organizer due to lack of courtesy. Maybe I will organize a meet and greet sometime soon for all members new and old. Stay tune...Vennak
Hey Vennak, I"m sorry to hear this story about your first meet up going down the tubes. I have to believe something happened that caused no one to show up but I can't understand why nobody reached out to you after you tried to contact them. Don't give up on the OB community because it's a great group and I know you'll meet some great people in due time.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey yall, my name is Michael and I'm a new member to OB. Idk my number yet since the badge is still enroute, but I'm excited to be here and hopefully meet some like-minded people to explore the trails with!

2) Location: I'm currently located in Texas, bouncing between San Angelo and San Antonio
3) Rig: 2003 Lexus LX470, two owners before me, zero rust whatsoever, and completely unmodified when I purchased it. So far I've just added 33" KM3s, but I'll be getting sliders here in the next month or so
4) Overlanding Experience Background: It's kind of a mixed bag. I've been on plenty of overlanding trips since I was young with my parents in old Land Rovers. As far as driving and recovery skills, I'd place them at an intermediate level. I've had plenty of time behind the wheel in race cars and have driven a decent amount offroad, but I've never really pushed the limit on anything. I have an okay knowledge on recovery tactics, but I'm not 100% confident in the actual execution.

Feel free to contact me and hit me up, especially if you're in my area. I don't know anyone that does this sort of thing, so I'm keen to meeting people!

View attachment 172482
Hello Michael, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Current Vehicle: 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Previous Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma, 2 Toyota FJs prior to that
Overland Experience: Experienced
Why Overlanding?: I think I have been roaming around in 4x4s since about 1971 when my dad threw me in the back of our 1967 Bronco and took me to northern MI to roam around and camp. I haven't stopped roaming since. Some of the best memories of my life are from these rambling experiences in the wilderness. Now I try to help as many folks get out there as I can.

View attachment 172194
Hello Denny, welcome to the OB community. What brand of RTT is that?

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello! I'm a retired HS Social Studies teacher (June 2019) who sold everything to live on a 35' sailboat and a VW Westfalia. After too many mechanical failures, I'm selling the VW and transitioned to this 03 Tacoma with a slide in pop up camper. Before Covid the plan was to drive to Ushuaia and taking breaks on the boat. Now? Who knows!
I also have a 98 KLR 650 which has taken me to Alaska, Guatemala, Europe. Finally, just bought a Moto Guzzi V85TT to ride around the US. #nomadlife
Hello Alex, welcome to the OB community. Sounds like you have a great many adventures under your belt--that's awesome.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good afternoon all-

Current Vehicle: 2020 RAM 2500 Power Wagon
Previous Vehicle: 2004 Ford Explorer
Overland Experience: Novice? Lots of car camping and backpacking but little point to point vehicular travel...View attachment 172241
Hello Benjamin, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all!
Just getting started on overland, got a ways to go but this is my daily drive as well as my play ride. Hoping to build a more capable rig soon. I live just north west of Atlanta, Ga. in Dallas, ga.
Hello Andrew, welcome to the OB community. Always glad to welcome another Silverado driver.