Rank II

Enthusiast I

North Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Batt
Member #

Hello everyone. Just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. I live in las Vegas. I own a 2017 VW Alltrack and a 2004 Land Rover Discovery. Lately the VW has been seeing more offroad duty than the Rover. Like most land rovers, I have some issues I am slowly resolving, nothing serious, just expensive. Been offroading for a while but I don't do anything too crazy, mainly stick to service roads. But anywho, I am looking forward to getting to know all of y'all. :)

Thanks

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi All,
I'm Jason, new to the forum and to overlanding. I live in Los Angeles (West LA area) and work in the entertainment industry and am also a part time photographer. My rig is a 2015 Subaru Outback. Been slowly putting more work into it over the years but it's been great for getting me out on adventures to photograph, go climbing, camping, fly fishing, and snowboarding, just love getting out there. Look forward to being part of the community.
Hello Jason, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone! I’m Tanner and I’m in and around Columbia and Fort Mill, SC. Im quite a novice and really excited to get more experience overlanding! My rig is a ‘08 Jeep Liberty.
Hello Tanner, welcome to the OB community. Be sure to spend time looking through the forums for lots of great informaion.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi there,

Getting back into off roading and overlanding after a 4-5 year break. Sold my 1997 LC that was fully built and supercharged. Biggest regret I have. Now looking at building my 2013 Tundra for light overlanding just did bumpers, suspension, tires, sliders, armor and decked drawers.
Also, looking at get a fully built FJ/4runner or Taco for the more extreme with all the bells and whisles.
Looking to join some trips soon!
Currently in the Bay area CA until I can exit this falied State:)
Have done many trips before and a gear junkie.
Hello Martin, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone, my name is Andres, originally from Colombia but moved to New York about 8 years ago. I'm pretty new to Overlanding but I love exploring the outdoors. I've done a lot of camping and backpacking in the past but since I've always been interested in Overlanding I pulled the trigger and decided to buy the Jeep Gladiator about a year ago began building it, since then have done a couple trips can't wait to learn more.
Hello Andres, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Pete here, from northern Vermont. I’ve traveled extensively with my dog in his custom sidecar, and recently added a 2010 Xterra to let us get a bit further away...and to explore parts of the country while home is still locked in snow and ice. Though we have only one paved road in town and the dirt roads turn to muck in mud season, this is my first 4WD purchased with the intention of actually off-roading.

I hope to learn a lot
View attachment 172012
Hello Pete, welcome to the OB community. Love your set up for the dog.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone, I'm Tim and live in Nashville, TN. I drive a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 with a few minor aftermarket mods. I also have a 1975 FJ 40 with a SOA lift and a few other mods. I would consider myself a competent overlander. My outdoor roots started with backpacking and hunting with camping mixed in with all of it. I am looking forward to meeting new folks and getting out of the city more frequently.
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello fellow adventurers. I usually travel with my son Raleigh, we are located in middle TN. We enjoy fishing, camping, traveling, off roading, hunting, hiking, mountains, foraging, etc! Thanks for the forums and I look forward to having fun & learning a lot here.
Hello Matt, welcome to the OB community. Love that you and your son are doing the outdoors together.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone,

Im live in Arkansas most of my life that is, but have lived in 8 states and 2 other countries so I am very diverse...

My rig is new to me, so it will be going through much changes in the next few years... 2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude

As far as off-roading or overlanding... I have some military knowledge, but not really much... But I do know I am very interested in learning
Hello David, welcome to the OB commuity.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone. Just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. I live in las Vegas. I own a 2017 VW Alltrack and a 2004 Land Rover Discovery. Lately the VW has been seeing more offroad duty than the Rover. Like most land rovers, I have some issues I am slowly resolving, nothing serious, just expensive. Been offroading for a while but I don't do anything too crazy, mainly stick to service roads. But anywho, I am looking forward to getting to know all of y'all. :)

Thanks
Hello Christopher, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone,
sending greetings from Germany

Just ordered my membership and cant wait to be a part of this community.

My name is Maurizio and overlanding always had a special place in my heart even before I heard of the term itself.

For me it all started while I was working on a dairy Farm on the southern island of New Zealand.

During that time I was regularly venturing out into the country and mountains for a couple of days at a time with my t(rusty), totally not always overheating, Toyota Hilux Surf (4Runner).

These trips always had a kind of meditational effect on me, just getting away from everything helped me reset.

Roadtrips/nature and remote camping always had a special place in my heart anyways.

Back in Germany 4 years ago I started working an office job, bought a 91 Jeep Wrangler YJ 2,5 that has not let me down to this day.

I daily drive it and got more into short offroading trips while at the same time doing less traveling/overlanding.

I wanna change that, thats why I am here.

I‘m really looking forward to getting to know this amazing community, and living more of the overland lifestyle.

Here are some pics of my old Yota and current Jeep.
Hello Maurizio, welcome to the OB commuity.

Reactions: Kent R and Maui

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello
Hey everyone!

So happy to have joined. Name is James and I'm located in Buckeye AZ. Currently outfitting my daily drive 2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 to reconnect with my past more adventurous self. Wanting to get out with the family and get my 5 year old son more aware, knowledgeable and excited about nature and the environment and learn useful skills. Novice in overlanding (little off road experience) but ready to go live and learn the lifestyle. Excited to engage with this wonderful community!
Hello James, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello fellow overland enthusiasts. New to the forum and to over-landing in the USA. Moved to Cumming Georgia from South Africa 4 years ago. Did some safaris in Africa including Namibia and Botswana. Thanks for having me in this group.
Hello fellow overland enthusiasts. New to the forum and to over-landing in the USA. Moved to Cumming Georgia from South Africa 4 years ago. Did some safaris in Africa including Namibia and Botswana. Thanks for having me in this group.
Hello Andre, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone and I am super excited. I am stuck between rock crawling and overlanding Nd I have learned I enjoy the overlanding and adventuring more than off-roading.
From the NYC area living in Charlotte now and been wheeling a couple time. Job doesn't afford time off to go too far but looking to take a few weeks next year to head to south Dakota.
Hello Mark, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Greetings,

Sorry for the short msg. My name is Carlos and I live in San Diego CA. Wife and I love to go out and visit new places hiking and/or driving out truck. We own a Jeep Cherokee 96 that has been in the family for over 20yrs and now we use it mainly for our camping trips.

Looking forward to meeting and enjoy some of the beautiful places in west coast.
Hello Carlos, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Everyone! Tom here, from Hemet California. Looking forward to connecting with everyone and getting out on the trail! My family and I are fairly experienced backpackers/car campers, and we are looking forward to getting into overlanding! Currently running a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71, and sloooooowly trying to outfit it for the trail.

Looking forward to all the stuff I will learn here!
Hello Tom, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Thank you for the add to the group. I am currently a novice when it comes to overlanding and hope to learn all I can while relaying my experiences for others to learn from (my mistakes that is.. lol)

My Current Rig is a 2017 Nissan Armada 4WD. Only modifications so far are A/T tires and the addition of a full offroad recovery kit, deflators and air pump. More to come!
Hello Steve, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone! New to the site! I tend to camp in easy to get to spots, but are also secluded. Looking to go further out in the future to disconnect and get away from the city more!
Hello Matthew, welcome to the OB community.