Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning! My name is JD, and I'm on my 3rd Toyota, a 2011 Trail edition 4runner. Just moved to Denver, about a week before the lockdowns, but originally from Nebraska, and have lived all over the place during my 15 years in the Air Force.

Have done some offroading, and excited to connect with the bigger overlanding community.
View attachment 150513
Welcome to Overland Bound JD.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

PA Chuck D

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clarksville, TN
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Drury
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound Chuck.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Thanks for the info! Looking forward to getting past the Covid Crisis and being able to do some "Social Distancing" with other like minded people .

Reactions: Kent R

Atruck

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Camas, Washington, United States
First Name
Arron
Last Name
Carlson
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm from middle of no where South Central Nebraska! I'm working on a 84 Ford bronco and watching OB and other overlanding videos has definitely changed the vision for it! I'm a novice at everything but driving through pastures and muddy fields, can't wait to learn and go on new adventures in the future with everyone on here!

Attachments

adr1ru

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Athens, TN
First Name
AD
Last Name
Wade
Member #

I had never even heard of this website/group, until I was trying to determine if Hurricane Creek was still open or not at this time? As it turns out, there is a thread (i.e. Hurricane Creek Trail, in the Overland Trips and Events Forum) that discusses the trail on here. So after clicking a few links and reading just a bit, I just signed up as a new member.

We just purchased our first ever Jeep Wrangler last year, a new JLU Rubicon and have been (slightly) modifying it over the past year. (i.e. winch, skidplates, bumpers, CB, etc) While we've ventured out some on our own in the daytime, we've not been 'overlanding' with it yet. And so I don't end up on youtube as an epic FAIL video, we've been to two off-road schools to learn more of what to-do and what not-to-do!. (i.e. Do not try and cross ponds with water lillys growing on them! ha, ha). Anyway, happy to be here and look forward to learning what-all we can about things.

This picture was taken on our farm, which has been in the family w-e-l-l over 100 years now. It's where my grandfather lived, and my father was born/died on the farm here.

IMG_1370.JPG

Jrodrigues1278

Rank III

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Rodrigues
Member #

Hi Everyone,

After years of looking, reading, and the occasional post, I finally decided to become a official member. I am transitioning from off-roading/rock crawling over to a more overlanding rig. I am waiting on the Gladiator Diesel to become available. I have a lways been a diesel truck and/or a Jeep guy, so the new Gladiator EcoDiesel may just be the perfect match. I am waiting on it to be released before making a final decision.

I am switching to overlanding for my 5 years old son, who is autistic. He loves road trips and to be outdoors so I think he will love this.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys. Thanks ahead of time because I am going to ask a lot of questions. I love information and learning new things.

SuburbanSasquatch

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Troy, New Hampshire
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Eyring
Member #

IMG-0322.JPG

Hello everyone,
Just starting out in this adventure. We live in the southwestern corner of New Hampshire. Our rig is a 1990 Chevy Suburban that we are slowly working to refresh and outfit. It was sitting in a field in North Carolina for several years before we bought it and drove it home. The picture is from that trip. It has a 6 inch lift and 35s right now and has been swapped from an automatic to a manual (SM465) transmission. I've decided to drop it to a 2 inch lift to be more manageable to use. I'm not sure if that means dropping to 33s or not, we'll see. The OB membership is the next important buy for the rig!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey everyone! I'm from middle of no where South Central Nebraska! I'm working on a 84 Ford bronco and watching OB and other overlanding videos has definitely changed the vision for it! I'm a novice at everything but driving through pastures and muddy fields, can't wait to learn and go on new adventures in the future with everyone on here!
my Overland rig is an 89 FSB

Dalton

Rank II

Contributor III

Abbotsford, BC, Canada
First Name
dalton
Last Name
pasmore
Member #

Hey, my names Dalton and I’m from Abbotsford , BC Canada. I’m just starting to get into overlanding. I’ve had jeeps for crawling and fun in the past but now I’m driving a 2014 ram 1500 CC 6.4’ box and looking to find the hidden gems to spend some time / camp at! I’ve done a few mods so far - bilsteins 5100 level kit , decked drawer , go rhino winch bumper with a 10.5 smittybilt winch. Aev snorkel. And a few others. Looking forward to getting more advice and knowledge on how to enjoy the outdoors! 0E1FD4F6-3A31-4A76-A93C-B8C2892BC23B.png0D58CF13-F032-4C62-A6B9-EBF7CB5F9111.jpeg

Vegas Kramer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Hey guys new to this stuff of officially joining the Overlanding Community. Out of Vegas now but grew up on the backroads of Indiana.
Driving a 2016 4Runner SR5 with the third row for the six of us in the family. Wouldn’t say I am Novice but not Expert either in Overlanding, somewhere in the middle. Always more to learn and willing.

A59E71EC-2C0A-402E-9A50-16B3766C283E.jpeg

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey, my names Dalton and I’m from Abbotsford , BC Canada. I’m just starting to get into overlanding. I’ve had jeeps for crawling and fun in the past but now I’m driving a 2014 ram 1500 CC 6.4’ box and looking to find the hidden gems to spend some time / camp at! I’ve done a few mods so far - bilsteins 5100 level kit , decked drawer , go rhino winch bumper with a 10.5 smittybilt winch. Aev snorkel. And a few others. Looking forward to getting more advice and knowledge on how to enjoy the outdoors! View attachment 150828View attachment 150829
Welcome Dalton ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again Dalton,
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

MilesSmith47

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Clinton, ME, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Good Evening Y’all,

My name is Miles Smith and I’m currently serving in the US Navy. I’m from Clinton, ME originally but explore all over. I drive a 2012 Jeep Wrangler and I would consider myself to be an intermediate overlander.

I am looking forward to being part of the community and continuing to explore.

Best,

Miles

Attachments

Docstaco

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Alliance, NE, USA
First Name
Howard
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Have followed OB online for about a year. Watched must of the you tube. That out there. I have a 2012 taco access cab I’m building but splitting my time and money with a 1972 FJ40 all original with little rust

Going to do both as overlander a new and old. The FJ was built year and month I was born so pretty special

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Felicitas

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Vancouver, BC
First Name
Bea
Last Name
Cosack
Member #

Hello everyone,
My name is Bea and I am from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I just joined the Overland Bound Community. I am very excited about it and looking forward to being part of it. Hopefully, I can connect with others to get out and enjoy the outdoors. I have done some Overlanding locally and some mods to my Jeep "Felicitas". My rig is a Jeep Wrangler UJL Sahara 2018.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jerimiah (@Texas_Tacoma ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Once we are allowed to socialize again keep an eye out for a meet up in Round Rock. Not real close to you but then again in Texas close is a relative term.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
My name is Bea and I am from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I just joined the Overland Bound Community. I am very excited about it and looking forward to being part of it. Hopefully, I can connect with others to get out and enjoy the outdoors. I have done some Overlanding locally and some mods to my Jeep "Felicitas". My rig is a Jeep Wrangler UJL Sahara 2018.
Welcome to Overland Bound Bea.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Contributor I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Yue
Last Name
Su
Good day everyone!

My name is Yue from Austin Texas. I got my first off road vehicle about a week ago, and I already have the itch to go do something! I came across this page while searching for overland spots around me! I am currently driving a Gen 2 Ford Raptor 2020, going by "Hachi" in the hope of never getting me stranded in the wild! I am very new to this, please if you have any pointers let me know!

DSC06840.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Have followed OB online for about a year. Watched must of the you tube. That out there. I have a 2012 taco access cab I’m building but splitting my time and money with a 1972 FJ40 all original with little rust

Going to do both as overlander a new and old. The FJ was built year and month I was born so pretty special
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew
Your Regional Director is @Cendee for additional help or information.

About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®