Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all, my names Jeremy, ive heard alot of good things about Overland Bound and im glad to be a part of it.
I drive a 2006 Hummer H3, Im from Eufaula Al. I get out and adventure whenever im able, overlanding is a good stress relief!View attachment 150921
Hello Jeremy, welcome to the OB community. Good looking Hummer.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello from Upstate South Carolina!
I am excited to be here! ‘Been fourwheelin’ since ‘85 when I picked up my up brand new CJ-7 when I was stationed in “West” Germany. Was founding member and President of “German-American Offroad Club Mittelhessen” in Giessen. ‘Miss my German off-roading buddies. Was lucky enough to participate in 3rd European Jeepers Jamboree taking place in the Ardennes Forest following the tracks of our troops involved in the “ Battle of the Bulge“. Looking fwd to making new friends and learning new lessons here. My rig is a 2017 Jeep Rubicon. See y’all soon and be safe and healthy out there!
Hello Bruce, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone. My name is Santos and I’m new to the overlanding community. I have an 02 Ford Excursion 4x4 with a 7.3 power stroke. I previously had a V10 Ex lifted on 35’s but gave it to my parents to drive all their grandkids around. I haven’t started to build up my Rig yet because of the current situation in the country but plan on starting it when things get better. It’s still pretty capable in its stock form and my family enjoy taking it to the mountains to camp and fish. I’ll stop rambling on and just say that I hope everyone on here is doing well and God Bless
Hello Santos, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all

I have owned my 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU for 2 years and 70,000km now. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts on the forum but decided to get more involved now i am spending more time indoors! I have been spending the time planning more trips to other regions and across to Oman and would love to see if there are any other members from Dubai or the UAE in there.

Below is a picture of my rig at Wadi Showka.

whatsapp_image_2020_04_02_at_15_22_15_1__ebd998884252a9682039c15e9229b680178a360e.jpeg

I got the car stock and have only done a few small modifications:
- 2.5" AEV Lift Kit
- Fox Shocks
- Cooper AT3 285/70R17 Tyres
- Built in Mopar air compressor

Here in the UAE we mostly face miles and miles and miles of desert dunes when off-roading. However both here and Oman there are plenty of Wadis (dry riverbeds) to explore also

The dream would be to eventually drive the car back from here to the UK if and when i ever decide to leave!
Hello Robert, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: RJJK and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone! new member here in Sacramento. waiting for this corona virus pandemic to end so i can get back out and enjoy life again. I have a 1st gen tundra that is overland rig. Looking for more ideas and upgrades as I go.
Hello Dan, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Happy to join the overland bound group. I’m Jason from woodbine,ga. I drive a 2020 Tacoma. Guess I can say I’m a novice wheeler. It’s been awhile and finally getting back to it. Going to pick up my RTT tomorrow and still waiting on my bed rack to come in
Hello Jason, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Jhorne and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good day everyone!

My name is Yue from Austin Texas. I got my first off road vehicle about a week ago, and I already have the itch to go do something! I came across this page while searching for overland spots around me! I am currently driving a Gen 2 Ford Raptor 2020, going by "Hachi" in the hope of never getting me stranded in the wild! I am very new to this, please if you have any pointers let me know!

View attachment 150870
Hello Yue, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello! Jonathan here. New to this forum, but not to overlanding. Growing up in Ecuador, just driving to certain remote locations required off-roading. I’m just now learning that this is a thing and am super excited to learn more and go on some trips.

I live in the Nashville, TN area. I drive a completely stock 2007 Lexus GX 470 but will start building it out little by little (definitely open to suggestions about where to start!)
Hello Jonathan, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good Evening Y’all,

My name is Miles Smith and I’m currently serving in the US Navy. I’m from Clinton, ME originally but explore all over. I drive a 2012 Jeep Wrangler and I would consider myself to be an intermediate overlander.

I am looking forward to being part of the community and continuing to explore.

Best,

Miles
Hello Miles, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey guys new to this stuff of officially joining the Overlanding Community. Out of Vegas now but grew up on the backroads of Indiana.
Driving a 2016 4Runner SR5 with the third row for the six of us in the family. Wouldn’t say I am Novice but not Expert either in Overlanding, somewhere in the middle. Always more to learn and willing.

View attachment 150834
Hello Logan, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey, my names Dalton and I’m from Abbotsford , BC Canada. I’m just starting to get into overlanding. I’ve had jeeps for crawling and fun in the past but now I’m driving a 2014 ram 1500 CC 6.4’ box and looking to find the hidden gems to spend some time / camp at! I’ve done a few mods so far - bilsteins 5100 level kit , decked drawer , go rhino winch bumper with a 10.5 smittybilt winch. Aev snorkel. And a few others. Looking forward to getting more advice and knowledge on how to enjoy the outdoors! View attachment 150828View attachment 150829
Hello Dalton, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
View attachment 150819

Hello everyone,
Just starting out in this adventure. We live in the southwestern corner of New Hampshire. Our rig is a 1990 Chevy Suburban that we are slowly working to refresh and outfit. It was sitting in a field in North Carolina for several years before we bought it and drove it home. The picture is from that trip. It has a 6 inch lift and 35s right now and has been swapped from an automatic to a manual (SM465) transmission. I've decided to drop it to a 2 inch lift to be more manageable to use. I'm not sure if that means dropping to 33s or not, we'll see. The OB membership is the next important buy for the rig!
Hello Warren, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Everyone,

After years of looking, reading, and the occasional post, I finally decided to become a official member. I am transitioning from off-roading/rock crawling over to a more overlanding rig. I am waiting on the Gladiator Diesel to become available. I have a lways been a diesel truck and/or a Jeep guy, so the new Gladiator EcoDiesel may just be the perfect match. I am waiting on it to be released before making a final decision.

I am switching to overlanding for my 5 years old son, who is autistic. He loves road trips and to be outdoors so I think he will love this.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys. Thanks ahead of time because I am going to ask a lot of questions. I love information and learning new things.
Hello Jose, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I had never even heard of this website/group, until I was trying to determine if Hurricane Creek was still open or not at this time? As it turns out, there is a thread (i.e. Hurricane Creek Trail, in the Overland Trips and Events Forum) that discusses the trail on here. So after clicking a few links and reading just a bit, I just signed up as a new member.

We just purchased our first ever Jeep Wrangler last year, a new JLU Rubicon and have been (slightly) modifying it over the past year. (i.e. winch, skidplates, bumpers, CB, etc) While we've ventured out some on our own in the daytime, we've not been 'overlanding' with it yet. And so I don't end up on youtube as an epic FAIL video, we've been to two off-road schools to learn more of what to-do and what not-to-do!. (i.e. Do not try and cross ponds with water lillys growing on them! ha, ha). Anyway, happy to be here and look forward to learning what-all we can about things.

This picture was taken on our farm, which has been in the family w-e-l-l over 100 years now. It's where my grandfather lived, and my father was born/died on the farm here.

View attachment 150765
Welcome AD, to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone. My name is Jason and I just joined from Las Vegas. Found the site while doing research on overlanding with my new 2020 Silverado. Now if this Covid thing could clear up so I can get out!
Hello Jason, welcome to the OB community.