Launch Member

Contributor I

Beaverton, OR, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cyree
Howdy everyone!

I have been familiar with OB for a while now through the YouTube presence but I've been wanting to get connected with the overlanding community for a while now. I'm born & raised in the PNW so I've spent lots of time outdoors both with and without vehicles but I have a strong connection to vehicles and the freedoms they provide, so much so that I've been professionally employed in the automotive industry for 19 of the last 20 years. I've had a few 4wd vehicles in my fleet (mostly Toyota) but I've always wanted a Disco 2. After I found out randomly that the Wife was fond of them too it was off to the races. We love road trip adventures to see all the beautiful places around us & I want to provide her and our 16yo daughter some of the "glamping" comforts they enjoy.

I love building/customizing vehicles of all sorts and have set the course of action to turn the Disco into something that we can go explore even more with. I look forward to engaging with everyone here, the platform seems to be very well structured & I hope to meet up with some of you once the dust settles.

-Chris

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HMMMM . Well, I got the confirmation email. But have yet to receive the email that it says will come with a number and upgrade access code....
I am on this. Should have an answer this morning for you. See PM sent about info needed.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone
Just relocated to Italy after 20+ years of US, I am now based in Mondoví.
I am working on a 2005 Land Rover discovery 3
I got a good experience in overlanding since early childhood.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @76_overlander @Robert OB 33/48
Your closest Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm Teng just finished putting a lift on an old 2003 4rumner and I think I'm ready for some adventures. My kids have all moved out, still working but now have some time to meet new people and see at least some places in Southern California where I live. Nice to be here.
Welcome to Overland Bound Teng.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy everyone!

I have been familiar with OB for a while now through the YouTube presence but I've been wanting to get connected with the overlanding community for a while now. I'm born & raised in the PNW so I've spent lots of time outdoors both with and without vehicles but I have a strong connection to vehicles and the freedoms they provide, so much so that I've been professionally employed in the automotive industry for 19 of the last 20 years. I've had a few 4wd vehicles in my fleet (mostly Toyota) but I've always wanted a Disco 2. After I found out randomly that the Wife was fond of them too it was off to the races. We love road trip adventures to see all the beautiful places around us & I want to provide her and our 16yo daughter some of the "glamping" comforts they enjoy.

I love building/customizing vehicles of all sorts and have set the course of action to turn the Disco into something that we can go explore even more with. I look forward to engaging with everyone here, the platform seems to be very well structured & I hope to meet up with some of you once the dust settles.

-Chris
Welcome to Overland Bound Chris.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Munga Brown
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone! I'm Casey Miles and I'm a full time firefighter in South Caroline. I drive a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I'm still kinda new to overloading but I have a lot of experience in camping. Looking to make friends and discover new places to ride and camp at! Thank you everyone!View attachment 149589
Welcome To Overland Bound Casey.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. I have been following mike on his youtube channel for years and now just figured i would join the forum. funny story i picked up my 2019 subaru crosstrek 6mt right before the whole covid 19 quarantine happened. planning in the future to do the king springs skid plates and some offroad tires. haven't figured out tires for the build yet.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Th closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all and happy to be here. I have been aware of Overland Bound for at least a couple of years but finally joined last year at Overland Expo East 2019. Fortunately, it was just a few hours away from me and loved the whole experience. I recently sold a 1999 Land Cruiser and picked up 1969 FJ40. It is built more for trails, but it is driven to/from so I think I could make it work for Overlanding as well. I also have a 2016 Lexus GX that I would like to be more for Overlanding down the road. I'm currently in Northern Virginia, just outside Washington, DC. I've done a fair amount of backpacking and camping to include some car camping, but I look forward to doing some longer trips via the vehicle. I need to get some better photos, but this is what I had handy and it had both vehicles. Thanks for letting me join and look forward to contributing.
View attachment 149579
Awesome looking 40!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Th closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, new to the forum and a new member of the Overland Bound tribe. My name is Noah, I am a born and raised Texan. I love to travel, I’ve been to over 30 countries, and I also love road trips. My family and I (totaling 6 ppl) usually do a large trip a year, which usually lasts 10-12 days and 3000+ miles. What is new for me is overlanding, as we don’t camp much on those trips. so to change the game, I bought a ‘95 FZJ80, which is equipped with some basics and plan to start new adventures in overlanding. Looking fwd to meeting and sharing with others.
Welcome to Overland Bound Noah.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Currently daily driving an 09 Wrangler originally setup for occasional trails and family outings. Normal additions: bumpers, winch, lift, tires, communications, lights, etc. Looking into the possibility of converting it into more of an overland vehicle. Trying to figure out how to make that happen while also traveling with 3 children.
Exploring that option brought me to this group! Hoping this group will expose me to some resources that can offer lessons learned and support to help make more lasting memories for our family.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hi everyone
Just relocated to Italy after 20+ years of US, I am now based in Mondoví.
I am working on a 2005 Land Rover discovery 3
I got a good experience in overlanding since early childhood.
Welcome and please stay safe there in Italy.
If I can be of any service please let me know. @76_overlander is much neare to you but if I can help, just let me know.

Greetings from Robert

NoTraceTravis

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Rexburg, Idaho
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Hello!
I've been a guest reading forums for years now. My wife got me a membership for Christmas last year (she's the best). I've never been much of a person to post or share online, but I'm hoping to change that here.

As it says above, I'm Travis.
I was raised in Northern Alberta (Grande Prairie), but home now is Rexburg, Idaho. I've been here 8 years and will be here for the foreseeable future.

I grew up hiking and camping. I love driving back roads and getting out where people aren't.

Our rig is a 2010 Subaru Forester (Limited Edition). It is still stock, but I have high hopes and plans for it. We got it a year ago and have already been on some great adventures.

This is a great community! I look forward to getting out more, taking care of nature, meeting some of you, helping other people, and making new friends!

(Here is our New Year's day adventure up Kelly Canyon)

Attachments

Maggie1128

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Maggie
Last Name
Donovan
Member #

thats so cool maggie that the 2 of us posted close to eachother and we are both from mass.! yeah this whole quarantine is a drag im no scientist but hopefully we can return to normal sooner rather than later. i know my son is getting annoyed with the home schooling.
That’s great maybe we can get together and do some trails together. Do you like overlanding?