Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all and happy to be here. I have been aware of Overland Bound for at least a couple of years but finally joined last year at Overland Expo East 2019. Fortunately, it was just a few hours away from me and loved the whole experience. I recently sold a 1999 Land Cruiser and picked up 1969 FJ40. It is built more for trails, but it is driven to/from so I think I could make it work for Overlanding as well. I also have a 2016 Lexus GX that I would like to be more for Overlanding down the road. I'm currently in Northern Virginia, just outside Washington, DC. I've done a fair amount of backpacking and camping to include some car camping, but I look forward to doing some longer trips via the vehicle. I need to get some better photos, but this is what I had handy and it had both vehicles. Thanks for letting me join and look forward to contributing.
View attachment 149579
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone,

Stoked to be apart of this community! I am based in the Bay Area and just got my first year of Overlanding under my belt. Still learning on each endeavor.

Here are a few images of my rig, 2018 Tacoma TRD Pro:

View attachment 149652 View attachment 149653

Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact @PapaDave, who is based out of Livermore. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also make sure to keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming trail runs. local meetups and trainings.

I look forward to meeting out on the trail...

Mike

Reactions: Brugii and Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Happy to join the overland bound group. I’m Jason from woodbine,ga. I drive a 2020 Tacoma. Guess I can say I’m a novice wheeler. It’s been awhile and finally getting back to it. Going to pick up my RTT tomorrow and still waiting on my bed rack to come in

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all, new to the forum and a new member of the Overland Bound tribe. My name is Noah, I am a born and raised Texan. I love to travel, I’ve been to over 30 countries, and I also love road trips. My family and I (totaling 6 ppl) usually do a large trip a year, which usually lasts 10-12 days and 3000+ miles. What is new for me is overlanding, as we don’t camp much on those trips. so to change the game, I bought a ‘95 FZJ80, which is equipped with some basics and plan to start new adventures in overlanding. Looking fwd to meeting and sharing with others.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello,
Just starting to really look into this "Overlanding" stuff. Looks like a LOT of fun!
I recently traded out my '98 XJ for a 2012 WK2, so not as off-roady, but a lot more comfortable and nice. Plus it's got a HEMI... so it's got that (for better or worse).
I looking to make it a bit more off-road worthy with at least A/T tires and possibly a front leveling kit. Any suggestions or pointing's to existing threads are appreciated.

Thanks,
-ATBNDO

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Currently daily driving an 09 Wrangler originally setup for occasional trails and family outings. Normal additions: bumpers, winch, lift, tires, communications, lights, etc. Looking into the possibility of converting it into more of an overland vehicle. Trying to figure out how to make that happen while also traveling with 3 children.
Exploring that option brought me to this group! Hoping this group will expose me to some resources that can offer lessons learned and support to help make more lasting memories for our family.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all.

Im Dougie from Kent in the UK..this is the start of my adventure with my stock Suzuki Jimmy.

So glad to be here.

Stay safe

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thank you Glad to be here. I also heard about the online testing and keeping an eye on it. HAM is a very interesting hobby for sure. Looking forward to adding it to my skill-set for sure. Thanks for the Welcome...

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone
Just relocated to Italy after 20+ years of US, I am now based in Mondoví.
I am working on a 2005 Land Rover discovery 3
I got a good experience in overlanding since early childhood.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi, I'm Teng just finished putting a lift on an old 2003 4rumner and I think I'm ready for some adventures. My kids have all moved out, still working but now have some time to meet new people and see at least some places in Southern California where I live. Nice to be here.
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact @Barclay or @Frank Martinez, who are based out of the southern California area. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also make sure to keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming trail runs. local meetups and trainings.

Mike

MudTruck

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC, Canada
First Name
Sebastien
Last Name
Drapeau
Member #

Hello, I’m MudTruck and I am a 50 year old newbie from Quebec Canada.

I do not yet have a rig but I have been following overland bound on YouTube. My family and I have been camping for many years but it’s time to move on. One of the boys has joined the army and the youngest is at an age where he would rather stay home. So we are selling the trailer and starting something new! I am hoping to learn a lot from you guys and will purchase a different véhicule within the next year.

Thank you and please be safe!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey Everyone! I'm Casey Miles and I'm a full time firefighter in South Caroline. I drive a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I'm still kinda new to overloading but I have a lot of experience in camping. Looking to make friends and discover new places to ride and camp at! Thank you everyone!View attachment 149589

Reactions: MudTruck and Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello, I’m MudTruck and I am a 50 year old newbie from Quebec Canada.

I do not yet have a rig but I have been following overland bound on YouTube. My family and I have been camping for many years but it’s time to move on. One of the boys has joined the army and the youngest is at an age where he would rather stay home. So we are selling the trailer and starting something new! I am hoping to learn a lot from you guys and will purchase a different véhicule within the next year.

Thank you and please be safe!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone- newbie here in California. Just wanted to stop by and say Hi!
Rig- GX470
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact @Barclay or @Frank Martinez, who are based out of southern California. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
if you just did it today i would give 24-48 hours and you should have it. If you bought the badge membership it may be a little while as they are waiting for the next batch of badges to finish being made.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Realized I never posted here! And I've already started a build thread on my BUDGET truck! I'm excited to be part of the group and have already learned a few things from the forums DIY section. Glad to be part of the community! A shot of my budget build thus far:

View attachment 149668
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Mike