Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
View attachment 109691

Hi there,

Joining in from Dubai in the Middle East looking to DIY my 2012 F-150, next project I'm looking at is my 12v system then I'll move onto my drawers and fridge slider.
We don't have loads of trails here so a lot of my time is spent in the desert or driving south into Oman to find a bit more rugged terrain in the mountains.
Hello Stuart, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

tmarvosh

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Henderson NV
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Marvosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AI7ER
Hi all, I'm new to this forum stuff, not so new to the trails.
My name is Todd
I drive a 2008 Toyota Tacoma and live in Las Vegas NV. I originally set my truck up so that I would be able to go to some of the more remote mountain bike trails and be able to stay a few days. Before I knew it I'd built an overland rig. Not perfect but it mine. Then on Instagram I started to see people getting these cool little metal medallions and I had to find out more.View attachment 149300
Welcome to Overland Bound Todd.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Narbob
Your Regional Director is @HappyOurOverlanding for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Thank you! Looking forward to normalcy. See you on the trail!

CURRIN1776

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portal, GA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Currin
Member #

Hello everyone, New Member and looking forward to learning and sharing. I'm in Southeast GA about an hour North of Savannah. Well versed in Survival, Prepping, Camping etc. Lots of Offroad adventures growing up and time spent in the Outdoors hunting, fishing, camping and practicing survival skills. Born and raised in a once rural town in NC. Been in GA for about 3 years. Very Rural and I love it. Currently working on building out my 2011 F-150 FX4. Always has been a solid dependable truck and looking forward to setting it up to further my adventures and fun. Plans over the next few weeks is adding a Leitner Designs ACS Forger rack, RTT, Decked and accessories. Hopefully testing next month for my HAM License. (If the "Rona" going around doesn't cancel). My goal for my build is to have a well rounded setup for adventure, bugging out and assitance with Natural Disaster relief (such as Hurricanes etc). I enjoy assisting my community in time of need. I'll post pics once I get the build underway . Purchased membership earlier today, awaiting member #. Again looking forward to learning and sharing. Hope to find some folks in Southeast GA who are into the same and hope to one day be able to find the time to venture out of GA and enjoy time with others who I may meet on here. Hope everyone is staying safe during this time and YEEHAW!

BC

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI

Hopefully testing next month for my HAM License.

Welcome to OB! Sounds like you've got a lot of great times under your belt being away from the concrete jungle. I just saw a headline last week about the first online ham test success. Possible look into this if your test gets cancelled. My camping buddy and I just became Hams a few months ago, for the purpose of having another form of Coms on the trails. Still learning the basics, but it's such an interesting hobby. Happy Trails to you! Look forward to the build.

CURRIN1776

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portal, GA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Currin
Member #

Thank you Glad to be here. I also heard about the online testing and keeping an eye on it. HAM is a very interesting hobby for sure. Looking forward to adding it to my skill-set for sure. Thanks for the Welcome...

FJ-Edgar

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
Herschberger
Member #

Welcome Shannon ,

I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @ is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again .
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound
Thanks for the welcome! I’m looking forward to some great future adventures!
Stay safe!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all.

Im Dougie from Kent in the UK..this is the start of my adventure with my stock Suzuki Jimmy.

So glad to be here.

Stay safe
Welcome to Overland Bound Dougie.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Hello everyone, New Member and looking forward to learning and sharing. I'm in Southeast GA about an hour North of Savannah. Well versed in Survival, Prepping, Camping etc. Lots of Offroad adventures growing up and time spent in the Outdoors hunting, fishing, camping and practicing survival skills. Born and raised in a once rural town in NC. Been in GA for about 3 years. Very Rural and I love it. Currently working on building out my 2011 F-150 FX4. Always has been a solid dependable truck and looking forward to setting it up to further my adventures and fun. Plans over the next few weeks is adding a Leitner Designs ACS Forger rack, RTT, Decked and accessories. Hopefully testing next month for my HAM License. (If the "Rona" going around doesn't cancel). My goal for my build is to have a well rounded setup for adventure, bugging out and assitance with Natural Disaster relief (such as Hurricanes etc). I enjoy assisting my community in time of need. I'll post pics once I get the build underway . Purchased membership earlier today, awaiting member #. Again looking forward to learning and sharing. Hope to find some folks in Southeast GA who are into the same and hope to one day be able to find the time to venture out of GA and enjoy time with others who I may meet on here. Hope everyone is staying safe during this time and YEEHAW!

BC
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! new member here in Sacramento. waiting for this corona virus pandemic to end so i can get back out and enjoy life again. I have a 1st gen tundra that is overland rig. Looking for more ideas and upgrades as I go.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
There are several Sac Area Meet-ups if you are interested.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills CA This will be an online meeting in April due to restrictions.
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Reactions: Magic Mike

Polar Bear

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Concord, NC, USA
First Name
KEVIN
Last Name
SELLERS
Member #

Currently daily driving an 09 Wrangler originally setup for occasional trails and family outings. Normal additions: bumpers, winch, lift, tires, communications, lights, etc. Looking into the possibility of converting it into more of an overland vehicle. Trying to figure out how to make that happen while also traveling with 3 children.
Exploring that option brought me to this group! Hoping this group will expose me to some resources that can offer lessons learned and support to help make more lasting memories for our family.

Attachments

davem95

Rank 0

Contributor I

Washington, MI
First Name
David
Last Name
Melinte
Hello David, welcome to the OB community. I'm guessing you live in the Detroit area. I lived nearly 20 years in the Grand Rapids area, and liked it, except for the Winters. Oregon is so much better.
Ya, I'm about 40 mins north of Detroit. winters aren't as bad on the east side of Michigan compared to the west. I honestly really enjoy the winters here.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hello all.

Im Dougie from Kent in the UK..this is the start of my adventure with my stock Suzuki Jimmy.

So glad to be here.

Stay safe
Hi Dougie and welcome. I’m Dave your regional director and based up in the frozen north near Aberdeen. Helping me run the region is Nik and Leann @professorpool who are based its round the corner from you and do trips throughout the year.

Please keep an eye on the rally point for trips, meets and i the current lockdown virtual campfire meets.Big range of experience within the group and all happy to share.

if I can help with anything or you have questions or issues OB elated please get in touch and I’ll help you get things sorted.

look forward to meeting you

Dave

Mr. Squiggles

Rank 0

Contributor I

Olathe, KS
First Name
Brad
Last Name
LaCoste
Hello,
Just starting to really look into this "Overlanding" stuff. Looks like a LOT of fun!
I recently traded out my '98 XJ for a 2012 WK2, so not as off-roady, but a lot more comfortable and nice. Plus it's got a HEMI... so it's got that (for better or worse).
I looking to make it a bit more off-road worthy with at least A/T tires and possibly a front leveling kit. Any suggestions or pointing's to existing threads are appreciated.

Thanks,
-ATBNDO

Sevro

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Montgomery, TX, USA
First Name
Noah
Last Name
Dunham
Member #

Hello all, new to the forum and a new member of the Overland Bound tribe. My name is Noah, I am a born and raised Texan. I love to travel, I’ve been to over 30 countries, and I also love road trips. My family and I (totaling 6 ppl) usually do a large trip a year, which usually lasts 10-12 days and 3000+ miles. What is new for me is overlanding, as we don’t camp much on those trips. so to change the game, I bought a ‘95 FZJ80, which is equipped with some basics and plan to start new adventures in overlanding. Looking fwd to meeting and sharing with others.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Noah (@Sevro ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Dougie2642

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kent, UK
First Name
Declan
Last Name
Douglas
Hi Dougie and welcome. I’m Dave your regional director and based up in the frozen north near Aberdeen. Helping me run the region is Nik and Leann @professorpool who are based its round the corner from you and do trips throughout the year.

Please keep an eye on the rally point for trips, meets and i the current lockdown virtual campfire meets.Big range of experience within the group and all happy to share.

if I can help with anything or you have questions or issues OB elated please get in touch and I’ll help you get things sorted.

look forward to meeting you

Dave
Dave I really appreciate you getting back in touch as well... I’ve no doubt you’ll hear from me as I start this adventure!!
Speak soon and all the best