Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Noah (@Sevro ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Dougie2642

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kent, UK
First Name
Declan
Last Name
Douglas
Hi Dougie and welcome. I’m Dave your regional director and based up in the frozen north near Aberdeen. Helping me run the region is Nik and Leann @professorpool who are based its round the corner from you and do trips throughout the year.

Please keep an eye on the rally point for trips, meets and i the current lockdown virtual campfire meets.Big range of experience within the group and all happy to share.

if I can help with anything or you have questions or issues OB elated please get in touch and I’ll help you get things sorted.

look forward to meeting you

Dave
Dave I really appreciate you getting back in touch as well... I’ve no doubt you’ll hear from me as I start this adventure!!
Speak soon and all the best

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello,
Just starting to really look into this "Overlanding" stuff. Looks like a LOT of fun!
I recently traded out my '98 XJ for a 2012 WK2, so not as off-roady, but a lot more comfortable and nice. Plus it's got a HEMI... so it's got that (for better or worse).
I looking to make it a bit more off-road worthy with at least A/T tires and possibly a front leveling kit. Any suggestions or pointing's to existing threads are appreciated.

Thanks,
-ATBNDO
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

FJCowboy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Northern Virginia
First Name
Matt
Last Name
G
Member #

Hello all and happy to be here. I have been aware of Overland Bound for at least a couple of years but finally joined last year at Overland Expo East 2019. Fortunately, it was just a few hours away from me and loved the whole experience. I recently sold a 1999 Land Cruiser and picked up 1969 FJ40. It is built more for trails, but it is driven to/from so I think I could make it work for Overlanding as well. I also have a 2016 Lexus GX that I would like to be more for Overlanding down the road. I'm currently in Northern Virginia, just outside Washington, DC. I've done a fair amount of backpacking and camping to include some car camping, but I look forward to doing some longer trips via the vehicle. I need to get some better photos, but this is what I had handy and it had both vehicles. Thanks for letting me join and look forward to contributing.
8AFBB795-69D8-4CB6-8E9F-D4CBE59444CE_1_105_c.jpeg

kcTrek19

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

massachusetts
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Sorber
Member #

Hello all. I have been following mike on his youtube channel for years and now just figured i would join the forum. funny story i picked up my 2019 subaru crosstrek 6mt right before the whole covid 19 quarantine happened. planning in the future to do the king springs skid plates and some offroad tires. haven't figured out tires for the build yet.

Caseyemiles

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lugoff, SC, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Miles
Member #

Hey Everyone! I'm Casey Miles and I'm a full time firefighter in South Caroline. I drive a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I'm still kinda new to overloading but I have a lot of experience in camping. Looking to make friends and discover new places to ride and camp at! Thank you everyone!IMG_6622..jpg

CURRIN1776

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portal, GA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Currin
Member #

if you just did it today i would give 24-48 hours and you should have it. If you bought the badge membership it may be a little while as they are waiting for the next batch of badges to finish being made.
OK I did it yesterday around noon. Not worried about the mailed in badge. Just making sure I didn't miss something. Guess I figured the email with member number would shoot out pretty quick. Thanks for the info.

CURRIN1776

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portal, GA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Currin
Member #

Hey Everyone! I'm Casey Miles and I'm a full time firefighter in South Caroline. I drive a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I'm still kinda new to overloading but I have a lot of experience in camping. Looking to make friends and discover new places to ride and camp at! Thank you everyone!View attachment 149589
I'm in SE Georgia about an hour south of Augusta. So far I think your the closest to me. Just joined as well. Really cool site.

tmarvosh

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Henderson NV
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Marvosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AI7ER
Hi all, I'm new to this forum stuff, not so new to the trails.
My name is Todd
I drive a 2008 Toyota Tacoma and live in Las Vegas NV. I originally set my truck up so that I would be able to go to some of the more remote mountain bike trails and be able to stay a few days. Before I knew it I'd built an overland rig. Not perfect but it mine. Then on Instagram I started to see people getting these cool little metal medallions and I had to find out more.View attachment 149300
Hi Todd, welcome to the OB community.
Thank you!

Snowmansgarage

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Beaverton, OR, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cyree
Howdy everyone!

I have been familiar with OB for a while now through the YouTube presence but I've been wanting to get connected with the overlanding community for a while now. I'm born & raised in the PNW so I've spent lots of time outdoors both with and without vehicles but I have a strong connection to vehicles and the freedoms they provide, so much so that I've been professionally employed in the automotive industry for 19 of the last 20 years. I've had a few 4wd vehicles in my fleet (mostly Toyota) but I've always wanted a Disco 2. After I found out randomly that the Wife was fond of them too it was off to the races. We love road trip adventures to see all the beautiful places around us & I want to provide her and our 16yo daughter some of the "glamping" comforts they enjoy.

I love building/customizing vehicles of all sorts and have set the course of action to turn the Disco into something that we can go explore even more with. I look forward to engaging with everyone here, the platform seems to be very well structured & I hope to meet up with some of you once the dust settles.

-Chris