Irvine, CA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6PDO
Hello Ryan, welcome to the OB community. I so get what you're saying about time to stop watching the vids and get out there and experience the outdoors.
Hi Gary! Was listening to one of Michael's podcast yesterday and he mentioned a 3 day 600 mile solo challenge and it really got me thinking. I like the idea of being comfortably uncomfortable. It sounds like a cool challenge. As a newbie, I need to do some research and figure out what would be needed which is part of the fun/excitement. Being out of cellphone reception will be uncomfortable for my wife, but I love the idea (will need to get some kind of sat comm device for emergency purposes). Will put it on my bucket list for this year.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Gary! Was listening to one of Michael's podcast yesterday and he mentioned a 3 day 600 mile solo challenge and it really got me thinking. I like the idea of being comfortably uncomfortable. It sounds like a cool challenge. As a newbie, I need to do some research and figure out what would be needed which is part of the fun/excitement. Being out of cellphone reception will be uncomfortable for my wife, but I love the idea (will need to get some kind of sat comm device for emergency purposes). Will put it on my bucket list for this year.
I'll have to see if I can find that podcast and listen to it. I recently passed my Ham radio exam so when I get my radio I'll have a bit better chance of connecting with someone if I were to have problems while out alone.

[_BOONE_]

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Norway, MI, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Cherney
Member #

Hello all, Bill here.. I looking forward to researching info for future trips.

Current Rig: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Looking to purchase a Ram Rebel 1500 in the next couple months.

Experience: Novice
Welcome, My name’s Dan.
I’m a newb to overlanding from the U.P. (Iron Mountain area).
Current rig: 2011 Nissan Xterra 4x4

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Welcome, My name’s Dan.
I’m a newb to overlanding from the U.P. (Iron Mountain area).
Current rig: 2011 Nissan Xterra 4x4
Welcome, Dan the Yupper, to the OB community. I'm a former Michigander but left in 2003. Never did get to the Iron Mountain side of the State but always wanted to.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Look into a Garmin In-Reach mini. Evidently, you can send text messages with no cell service.

Rocklin Bison

Rank III

Traveler III

Rocklin, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Wolff
Member #

Greetings all, this is my first post as I just joined.

Rig: 2020 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison - will be installing a bed rack next week, and intend to acquire a RTT.
Experience: Just what I have picked-up on You Tube. Really excited to explore.
I’d love to get my wife and kids involved, but scheduling is not easy with everyone’s busy lives. Because I’m self-employed, I can take long weekends, and really hoping to meet others in my area who want to explore a little. I have minimal off-reading experience, and no serious rock climbing. I’d love to find lakes and break-out the inflatable paddle boards, or even bring a mountain bike. I’ll bring the whiskey.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Greetings all, this is my first post as I just joined.

Rig: 2020 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison - will be installing a bed rack next week, and intend to acquire a RTT.
Experience: Just what I have picked-up on You Tube. Really excited to explore.
I’d love to get my wife and kids involved, but scheduling is not easy with everyone’s busy lives. Because I’m self-employed, I can take long weekends, and really hoping to meet others in my area who want to explore a little. I have minimal off-reading experience, and no serious rock climbing. I’d love to find lakes and break-out the inflatable paddle boards, or even bring a mountain bike. I’ll bring the whiskey.
Hi Mark, welcome to the OB community. I see that Mike Rose wrote you about the NW Overland Rally in June and I would encourage you to go online and check it out. I went for the first time last year and loved it, and, will be going again this year. There are vendors galore and guided trail rides that you and your family can go on, plus many other special things. I think you all would enjoy it.

Nigel76

Rank 0

Contributor I

Canada
First Name
Nigel
Last Name
Reedman
Good evening everyone, my name is Nigel and I’ve just joined as well. Have a lightly modified Tacoma and live in British Columbia, Canada. Starting up a trailer with a RTT build so excited to get some ideas and then get out this summer and use it. Have lots of camping experience but not really overlanding. Interested to get into it.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good evening everyone, my name is Nigel and I’ve just joined as well. Have a lightly modified Tacoma and live in British Columbia, Canada. Starting up a trailer with a RTT build so excited to get some ideas and then get out this summer and use it. Have lots of camping experience but not really overlanding. Interested to get into it.
Nigel, welcome to the OB community.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
New Member here from Bend, Oregon. Driving a 2020 MGM Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad. Used to do the enduro bike thing (BMW GS 1200) but have since made the transition to vehicle overlanding/adventure (mostly local adventure at this point) and have slowly begun building out my vehicle.
Welcome John,
Looking forward to your trip and build reports. The GS 1200 is still my dream bike... the largest dirtbike ever...
I am the Northwest Regional Director. The member representatives for the northwest are: @Munga Brown (Oregon) , @Gabriel Bozeman (Washington) and @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho).

March 7th 9 am- 4 pm 39th Annual Electronic Show and Swap Meet in Puyallup, Washington hosted by Mike & Keys Amateur Radio Club. The Mike & Key Electronics Show & Swap Meet is one of the largest annual Amateur Radio events in the Pacific Northwest.

March 8th 9am-4pm 38th Annual 4x4 Off-road and Performance Show in Puyallup, Washington put on by the Moonshiner’s Jeep Club. This event is based to the gear heads. Venders, food and good old fashioned swapmete

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Keep checking the 2020 Northwest Meetup and Event List

Over landing by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Director

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi Everyone,

I just signed up for the forum as I recently got into overlanding (last year) due to some friends taking me out on a trip. I never realized how much fun we could have taking our trucks exploring in the woods and getting away from the concrete jungle. My other hobbies include saltwater fishing and waterfowl hunting, so overlanding is now another adventure to take the truck and dog on. A little about myself:

1. Terence, San Jose, CA
2. 2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Longbed SR5
Upgrades:​
Bilstein 5100s with Old Man Emu 885's​
1.5" Add a Leaf​
265/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs​
BAMF Rock Sliders​
Prinsu style (DIY) roof rack​
LED Bed lights​
LED Fog lights​
3. Limited overlanding experience
Did trips to Leavitt Lake and Barney Riley​
Looking for any suggestions, guidance, and advice that you all can offer. I'm looking to get my wife into overlanding as well, so any suggestions for some intro trips in Northern CA would be much appreciated!
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R said I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike or @PapaDave. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, if the need arises.

Make sure to browse through the New Member threads for some great information, which will help you navigate the OB website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for information on Local meetups, trail runs and trainings. There are several local meetups within driving distance from the Bay Area; The Trip-Valley meetups, Pleasanton, the Elk Grove meetup, Sierra Foothills Overlanders, Cameron Park and Gold Country Overland in Auburn.

I look forward to meeting you out on the trail.

Reactions: Kent R and hanahou7

JohnT20850

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Tolentino
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound John.

When you are in SoCal don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

In Washington the Regional Director is @Slimpartywagon, if you have any questions. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Munga Brown OR Coast.

Overland Expo West and Mountain West this year;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
About WEST — Overland Expo®
Thank you. Kent for the warm welcome and all the info you just shared. Appreciate that very much.

Reactions: Kent R

Pmitch729

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Waldoboro, ME, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Hi all!

I'm Patrick and just recently relocated and looking to get into some overlanding.
2018 Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk (all stock, except some aesthetic choices)
Inexperienced Overlander. It’s all new to me but I’m definitely looking to get more involved

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi my name is Lukas I’m based in Seattle WA, after looking for all over the internet in ranger stations, and talking to people about good trails and campsites, one day I finally found overland bound well looking for overland videos on YouTube. I’d say I’m a novice in trail experiencebut intermediate in knowledge of gear, recovery, and good modifications. I drive a 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road,(only used the rear locker twice)the only mods done by previous owners are leveling kit and cold air intake. Any help and advice on mods would be great, and I hope to tag along on future events. View attachment 140482
Welcome Lukas! I'm your closet Member Rep in Oak Harbor.

We have monthly campouts here in the NW PNW, so keep an eye out on the FB page and on the Rally Point/Member Map.

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: Kent R