Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB community, my name is Cody, I live in Jacksonville, FL. Have been a car enthusiast for a long time, have always had the itch for an overland rig but I've always lowered everything. Finally got something I think would be best served as a rig/daily beater, a 1990 F150. Bought it for $600, already put some 31" bfg k02's on it and plan on building a bed rack for rtt/recover gear.
Ive camped a lot and done some off roading before but I plan on getting this truck ready to do the trans America trail.View attachment 141913
Welcome To Overland Bound Cody.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan has completed parts of the TAT just incase you need some info.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Reactions: thisisfun

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!
my name is Dave, and im from the Sf bay area- Livermore to be exact. i stumbled upon this community and website a little over a year ago and decided on a membership recently. car camping and backpacking is what i grew up doing, so it just made sense to merge to two, so to speak. ive got an old Xj i'm preparing for the outdoors and our first trip should be in either the pinecrest or alabama hills area this year.
Welcome to Overland Bound Dave.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
There is a local monthly meet up in Livermore that @PapaDave runs, contact him if your interested.
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
West US - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I just joined overland bound today. I am excited to join this community of likeminded people! I am an architect by profession and an Army veteran.
I drive a 2006 Land Rover LR3. I would say that I am a novice/intermediate at overlanding. I really enjoy building up my truck and just ordered an iKamper skycamp for it. I have been upgrading my truck slowly since I bought it back in 2006. It has been on many trips including several Boy Scout adventures. I am a scout leader with our local troop.
View attachment 141887
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

HoldFast_Taco

Rank I

Member I

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
First Name
Niall
Last Name
Macleod
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZLZ
Welcome Niall, to the OB community. What part of Africa are you from? My wife was raised in the then Belgian Congo as a missionary kid, and went to boarding school outside of Nairobi.
Thanks BigV
I was born in Malawi, spent about 15 years in The Gambia then a few in the Turks and Caicos. Boarding school in UK from 9. Classic ExPat stuff.

Reactions: Big G and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, my name is Luke and I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio.
I drive a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I'm finally starting to utilize the mods made.
I'd say I'm a quarter step above novice.

View attachment 141876
Welcome to Overland Bound Luke.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: Armor_LG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Kaine Ellis
I have always the outdoors, Offroading, camping with my family. My current rig is a 1989 dodge ramcharger that i recently started building and so far love it. Its an older rig but works wonders offroad. Im located in monticello ga
Welcome To Overland Bound Kaine.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!!
My name is Adam and I am new to Overlanding
My family has always tent camped. We want to be able to explore new places and have new adventures.

Our Rig: 2020 Tacoma TRD Off-road
Experience:Noob
Welcome To Overland Bound Adam.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Reactions: Aoden0472

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, just signed up today. Excited to learn and share experiences. I’ve got a 95 jeep YJ, that I’m slightly modifying. Living in the Bay Area, looking for more outdoor activities for myself and my family,
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi folks,
Niall here based in Colorado Springs.
Picked up a 2020 Tacomo TRD Pro a couple of months ago and slowly modifying it. New to Overlanding in the US (been here 3 years) but used to do a fair amount in Africa years ago.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!

I'm Patrick and just recently relocated and looking to get into some overlanding.
2018 Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk (all stock, except some aesthetic choices)
Inexperienced Overlander. It’s all new to me but I’m definitely looking to get more involved
Welcome to Overland Bound Patrick,
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good evening everyone, my name is Nigel and I’ve just joined as well. Have a lightly modified Tacoma and live in British Columbia, Canada. Starting up a trailer with a RTT build so excited to get some ideas and then get out this summer and use it. Have lots of camping experience but not really overlanding. Interested to get into it.
Welcome to Overland Bound Nigel.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Slimpartywagon for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello everyone!
my name is Dave, and im from the Sf bay area- Livermore to be exact. i stumbled upon this community and website a little over a year ago and decided on a membership recently. car camping and backpacking is what i grew up doing, so it just made sense to merge to two, so to speak. ive got an old Xj i'm preparing for the outdoors and our first trip should be in either the pinecrest or alabama hills area this year.
Hey Dave!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. For example the Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for March and April. March 7th we are combining our monthly meet up and a training day together down in Hollister Hills OHV park in Hollister Ca. Come!

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings all, this is my first post as I just joined.

Rig: 2020 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison - will be installing a bed rack next week, and intend to acquire a RTT.
Experience: Just what I have picked-up on You Tube. Really excited to explore.
I’d love to get my wife and kids involved, but scheduling is not easy with everyone’s busy lives. Because I’m self-employed, I can take long weekends, and really hoping to meet others in my area who want to explore a little. I have minimal off-reading experience, and no serious rock climbing. I’d love to find lakes and break-out the inflatable paddle boards, or even bring a mountain bike. I’ll bring the whiskey.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills CA
West US - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, I'm Ryan! Looking forward to being apart of the Overland Bound Community and learning to be competent in overland traveling. My wife (Sheryn), puppy (Oliver) and I are looking forward to getting started traveling on the weekends and enjoy the beautiful areas around us. "Adventure is Necessary" really resonated with me when I heard Michael mentioned it a couple times. I've got the travel bug and it's now time to stop watching all of the travel/overland YouTube channels and get out there and start doing it :grinning:

Irvine, CA (Orange County / Southern California Area)
2017 Toyota Land Cruiser - Currently Bone stock - Purchased a few weeks ago to accommodate our new growing puppy, a Bernedoodle, and to have some fun traveling.
Experience: Newbie. 20 years ago I had a Jeep Wrangler and was part of a local 4 wheel club for a couple years and participated in some local rides.
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan,
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello all, just signed up today. Excited to learn and share experiences. I’ve got a 95 jeep YJ, that I’m slightly modifying. Living in the Bay Area, looking for more outdoor activities for myself and my family,
Hey Naz! Welcome, I see you are from O Town :)

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for March and April, including March 7th where will be combining our monthly meeting and a training day at Hollister Hills OHV park down in Hollister CA.

Come!

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi from Texas (DFW),

Looking forward to the journey of finding our way out of the city to more surroundings of nature. Myself(Aaron), the wife, and our two kids are new to this whole "overland" experience, but in talking with other families, it sounds awesome and right up our alley.

Experience: Novice
Rig: 2019 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4x4. Slowly transforming (bed rack ordered, RTT is next purchase)
Welcome to Overland Bound Aaron.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member here from Bend, Oregon. Driving a 2020 MGM Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad. Used to do the enduro bike thing (BMW GS 1200) but have since made the transition to vehicle overlanding/adventure (mostly local adventure at this point) and have slowly begun building out my vehicle.
Don’t hesitate to message your Regional Director @Slimpartywagon, if you have any questions. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Munga Brown OR Coast.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone - I bought my 80 a few years back and have spent quite a bit of time around/under the truck baselining and learning how to turn a wrench doing preventative maintenance and even a few more challenging projects. It’s been my trusted daily driver and will continue to be for some time but I am looking forward to a gradual process of buildIng it into an even more capable overlanding rig. I also look forward to getting off the beaten track and providing ample opportunity for adventure with my growing family (son had his first birthday last week!). Happy trails...

Location - Memphis, TN
Rig - 1997 Lexus LX450 (80 series LC), stock for now :)
Experience - Novice
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u