Rank 0

Contributor I

Florida, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Oden
Welcome To Overland Bound Adam.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder
Thanks for all the info!

Reactions: Kent R

SwampRunner

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ohio
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Krassow
My name is Nate, I’ve been looking to get into overlanding for sometime now, finally pulled the trigger and bought my “dream” vehicle a 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD off-road. Looking for like minded people in the Midwest to take some trips with and looking for Overland events in the area.
Rig: 2020 4Runner TRD off-road
Experience: Some experience with off roading, have car camped and backpacked

LJCArchit

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Coral Gables, FL, USA
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Cano
Member #

Love the Land Rover! I've got a 4.6l Range Rover. How are you liking the LR3? Looking at possibly making it my next rig?
I love the LR3. I have been taking care of it and maintaining it meticulously. I know that the Land Rovers do not have a good reputation for reliability; but my LR3 has been great for us. It has about 155k miles and it still looks brand new. It is very capable off road while riding very smooth on the highway. I have taken my two little boys and my wife on long road trips many times. From Miami to Canada and several trips to the Smokey mountains, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, etc… without any issues. It’s extremely comfortable even though it has a 2-1/2” lift with larger 32” BFG KO2 all terrain tires. We also have a built-up 2002 Jeep TJ with all terrains; but the LR3 for us is way better. Recently I added a long range auxiliary fuel tank fuel tank where the spare tire used to be. This increased my fuel capacity to about 52 gallons. This will give me a range of about 850 miles on the highway +/-. The Land Rovers do not hold their value so you should be able to pick one up for very little money. If you do, just make sure there is no rust and that it has been maintained.
IMG_9698.jpgIMG_9860.JPGIMG_7300.jpg

Attachments

MO_Taco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Tanner
Last Name
Walles
Member #

Hi all!

I’m definitely a newcomer to the overlanding community. Bought my 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport about a year ago and I didn’t even know what the term overlanding meant, but I knew in my heart that is how I wanted to build my truck. To be prepared for adventure.

Springfield, MO is my hometown, but I truly look forward to getting out west to explore very soon and that is one of the main reasons I’m here. Looking forward to being a pet of the community! Thx

-Tanner (@MO_Taco)

Attachments

IdahOgre

Rank I

Contributor III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Little
Service Branch
Army
Hi, I’m Greg from S.W. Idaho. Currently have a 1998 4Runner, and looking to buy a new ‘19 or ‘20 very soon.

I’ve been backpacking since I was a kid, and bike packing for the past few years, And my rig has been mostly a way to get me to places I wanted start my adventures at, so I’m experienced in the backcountry. But my knee is making it harder to go places under my own power and I cannot imagine not being out in the wild. I’ve been on a few overlanding adventures, with the longest going from Idaho to Panamint Springs CA, but still consider myself a novice when it comes to overlanding.
Loving the YouTube channel and getting great ideas for building up the 4Runner, and being better prepared for adventure and emergencies. Can’t wait to get into the forums here as well, and hopefully meeting up with locals.
6CFFF955-558C-4D4E-B1B3-8FAEFF9385EF.jpeg

Mike_43

Rank 0

Contributor I

High Point, NC, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Skeen
Member #

Hi everyone! I’m Mike and I’m excited to have the opportunity to be a part of this community. I drive a 2015 canyon right now but I will be getting another ride to set up for my overland adventures so I’m not using my daily driver. I’m new to all this but I’m excited to explore and learn some new things. Been camping and exploring most of my life but never with my vehicle.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jene (@Jene.Sobrino ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for East and/or West Valley meet ups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hi all!

I’m definitely a newcomer to the overlanding community. Bought my 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport about a year ago and I didn’t even know what the term overlanding meant, but I knew in my heart that is how I wanted to build my truck. To be prepared for adventure.

Springfield, MO is my hometown, but I truly look forward to getting out west to explore very soon and that is one of the main reasons I’m here. Looking forward to being a pet of the community! Thx

-Tanner (@MO_Taco)
Welcome from Oklahoma, hope growing up on my family land was good for you. :tearsofjoy: All kidding aside, I am related to the founder of Springfield, John Polk Campbell.
Though you are in the West Region, I am the SW Region Member Rep and @Iwata77 is a multi-region Member rep up in the Tulsa area and @BlueLineOverland is in Arkansas. Let us know if we can be of any help.
Keep an eye out for a possible future event in Arkansas.

MO_Taco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Tanner
Last Name
Walles
Member #

Welcome from Oklahoma, hope growing up on my family land was good for you. :tearsofjoy: All kidding aside, I am related to the founder of Springfield, John Polk Campbell.
Though you are in the West Region, I am the SW Region Member Rep and @Iwata77 is a multi-region Member rep up in the Tulsa area and @BlueLineOverland is in Arkansas. Let us know if we can be of any help.
Keep an eye out for a possible future event in Arkansas.
That’s awesome dude, wish I had heard that name before it may have resonated with me at a different frequency I’m excited to do some more down in AR so let’s get that going real quick!!

Is there a map of regions? I had figured I was in Midwest but now you say West.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi all!

-Tanner (@MO_Taco)
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

That’s awesome dude, wish I had heard that name before it may have resonated with me at a different frequency I’m excited to do some more down in AR so let’s get that going real quick!!

Is there a map of regions? I had figured I was in Midwest but now you say West.

Sorry... been a long day. Trying to do too many things at once. :confused:
You are in the midwest.

Regions: North America

Last edited:

Jene.Sobrino

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Goodyear, AZ, USA
First Name
Jene
Last Name
Sobrino
Member #

Hello Jene (@Jene.Sobrino ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for East and/or West Valley meet ups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thank you for all the info! I'll definitely check it out.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone! I’m Mike and I’m excited to have the opportunity to be a part of this community. I drive a 2015 canyon right now but I will be getting another ride to set up for my overland adventures so I’m not using my daily driver. I’m new to all this but I’m excited to explore and learn some new things. Been camping and exploring most of my life but never with my vehicle.
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and Mike_43

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
My name is Nate, I’ve been looking to get into overlanding for sometime now, finally pulled the trigger and bought my “dream” vehicle a 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD off-road. Looking for like minded people in the Midwest to take some trips with and looking for Overland events in the area.
Rig: 2020 4Runner TRD off-road
Experience: Some experience with off roading, have car camped and backpacked
Hi Nate, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good morning from AZ! So glad I found you guys. Looking forward to meeting up with some like-minded people! I'm an overland novice looking to gain as much knowledge as possible so I can take my six year old son adventuring.
Rig: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel
Hello Jene, welcome to the OB community. I love it that you want to get your six year old son out adventuring, go for it.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all!

-Tanner (@MO_Taco)
Hello Tanner, be assured the OB community welcomes you into it.

VJarman

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tucson, Arizona, United States
First Name
VJ
Last Name
Jarman
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is VJ(Virgil). im from Tucson AZ. I have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee that i am building up into our family's overland/camp rig. it has a 4" lift and 31" tires. need to install roofrack and supplies and go hit some back country trails! I'm not new to 4x4'ing but it was mostly rock crawling. So it will be new to me to not thrash on my vehicle. Cant wait to meet some of you and maybe see you on the trails!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone! My name is VJ(Virgil). im from Tucson AZ. I have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee that i am building up into our family's overland/camp rig. it has a 4" lift and 31" tires. need to install roofrack and supplies and go hit some back country trails! I'm not new to 4x4'ing but it was mostly rock crawling. So it will be new to me to not thrash on my vehicle. Cant wait to meet some of you and maybe see you on the trails!
Hi VJ, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and VJarman