First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello All!
Jason here joining the ranks of outside life! Can't wait to go more places and see great things, like.. Mountains again, Gandalf, Mountains!
North Dakota... yes its chilly.
2018 JLUR
Not much experience, had some this past year in CO with family! Loved it and looking forward to more!

View attachment 141717
Hi Jason, welcome to the OB community. Like your rig but will have to stay away from you, I'm seriously allergic to "Poison Ivy!" LOL.

80Lex

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Hi everyone - I bought my 80 a few years back and have spent quite a bit of time around/under the truck baselining and learning how to turn a wrench doing preventative maintenance and even a few more challenging projects. It’s been my trusted daily driver and will continue to be for some time but I am looking forward to a gradual process of buildIng it into an even more capable overlanding rig. I also look forward to getting off the beaten track and providing ample opportunity for adventure with my growing family (son had his first birthday last week!). Happy trails...

Location - Memphis, TN
Rig - 1997 Lexus LX450 (80 series LC), stock for now :)
Experience - Novice

Attachments

McKenzieOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Springfield, Oregon, USA
First Name
Cam
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Hey! - Dropping in from Oregon. Build=2003 Chevrolet Duramax with TopperEzLift, -(Camping/Travel/Overlanding for most of my adult life-Experienced). I prefer taking the road less traveled which makes Overlanding full of adventures for sure! Get out there!

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey! - Dropping in from Oregon. Build=2003 Chevrolet Duramax with TopperEzLift, -(Camping/Travel/Overlanding for most of my adult life-Experienced). I prefer taking the road less traveled which makes Overlanding full of adventures for sure! Get out there!
Welcome Cameron,
Nice
I am the Northwest Regional Director. @Munga Brown is the Oregon member representative. Other Member Representatives for the Northwest Region include @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho) and @Gabriel Bozeman (Washington).

The Northwest is gearing up to be a very busy region this year. We have several reoccurring meetups with more being added all the time, there are 5 major events scheduled so far with one more in the works (more to surely come a long though as well. Check out the 2020 Event and Meetup Listings for more information or contact myself or any of the mentioned Member Reps to find out what is going on around the region.

Mike Rose
Northwest Regional Director

Reactions: Kent R

Moonshiner4x

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Bend, Oregon
First Name
John
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

New Member here from Bend, Oregon. Driving a 2020 MGM Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad. Used to do the enduro bike thing (BMW GS 1200) but have since made the transition to vehicle overlanding/adventure (mostly local adventure at this point) and have slowly begun building out my vehicle.

JuddWilder3G

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Valley City, OH, USA
First Name
Michaela
Last Name
Staufer
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
Thank You @Kent R! I appreciate all the information!

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

A_Patt

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Texas (DFW)
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Patterson
Member #

Hi from Texas (DFW),

Looking forward to the journey of finding our way out of the city to more surroundings of nature. Myself(Aaron), the wife, and our two kids are new to this whole "overland" experience, but in talking with other families, it sounds awesome and right up our alley.

Experience: Novice
Rig: 2019 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4x4. Slowly transforming (bed rack ordered, RTT is next purchase)

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Aaron (@A_Patt), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye our for a fairly re-occurring DFW area meet up.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: KA7USA and Kent R

A_Patt

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Texas (DFW)
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Patterson
Member #

Hello Aaron (@A_Patt), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye our for a fairly re-occurring DFW area meet up.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Awesome, thank you!

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hey Cameron, welcome to OB! Keep your eye open for some planned get togethers in the near future. In the meantime, if you need any info, shoot me a line!

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

New Member here from Bend, Oregon. Driving a 2020 MGM Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad. Used to do the enduro bike thing (BMW GS 1200) but have since made the transition to vehicle overlanding/adventure (mostly local adventure at this point) and have slowly begun building out my vehicle.
Hey John, welcome to the OB forum. Keep your eyes open for some regional happenings in the not so distant future. Let me know if I can help with anything in the meantime!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone - I bought my 80 a few years back and have spent quite a bit of time around/under the truck baselining and learning how to turn a wrench doing preventative maintenance and even a few more challenging projects. It’s been my trusted daily driver and will continue to be for some time but I am looking forward to a gradual process of buildIng it into an even more capable overlanding rig. I also look forward to getting off the beaten track and providing ample opportunity for adventure with my growing family (son had his first birthday last week!). Happy trails...

Location - Memphis, TN
Rig - 1997 Lexus LX450 (80 series LC), stock for now :)
Experience - Novice
Hello Alex, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and 80Lex

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Welcome to the OB community Cameron from a fellow Oregonian.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey John, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi from Texas (DFW),

Looking forward to the journey of finding our way out of the city to more surroundings of nature. Myself(Aaron), the wife, and our two kids are new to this whole "overland" experience, but in talking with other families, it sounds awesome and right up our alley.

Experience: Novice
Rig: 2019 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4x4. Slowly transforming (bed rack ordered, RTT is next purchase)
Hello Aaron, welcome to the OB community.

Ryan M

Rank III
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Irvine, CA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6PDO
Hi everyone, I'm Ryan! Looking forward to being apart of the Overland Bound Community and learning to be competent in overland traveling. My wife (Sheryn), puppy (Oliver) and I are looking forward to getting started traveling on the weekends and enjoy the beautiful areas around us. "Adventure is Necessary" really resonated with me when I heard Michael mentioned it a couple times. I've got the travel bug and it's now time to stop watching all of the travel/overland YouTube channels and get out there and start doing it :grinning:

Irvine, CA (Orange County / Southern California Area)
2017 Toyota Land Cruiser - Currently Bone stock - Purchased a few weeks ago to accommodate our new growing puppy, a Bernedoodle, and to have some fun traveling.
Experience: Newbie. 20 years ago I had a Jeep Wrangler and was part of a local 4 wheel club for a couple years and participated in some local rides.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone, I'm Ryan! Looking forward to being apart of the Overland Bound Community and learning to be competent in overland traveling. My wife (Sheryn), puppy (Oliver) and I are looking forward to getting started traveling on the weekends and enjoy the beautiful areas around us. "Adventure is Necessary" really resonated with me when I heard Michael mentioned it a couple times. I've got the travel bug and it's now time to stop watching all of the travel/overland YouTube channels and get out there and start doing it :grinning:

Irvine, CA (Orange County / Southern California Area)
2017 Toyota Land Cruiser - Currently Bone stock - Purchased a few weeks ago to accommodate our new growing puppy, a Bernedoodle, and to have some fun traveling.
Experience: Newbie. 20 years ago I had a Jeep Wrangler and was part of a local 4 wheel club for a couple years and participated in some local rides.
Hello Ryan, welcome to the OB community. I so get what you're saying about time to stop watching the vids and get out there and experience the outdoors.