Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

I'm new here and just getting started with overlanding. Reading alot on this forum and getting excited about some trips. View attachment 137860 I have a stock 2002 Xterra. Working on basic maintenance items currently.
Dang, I sure do like the X's! Welcome to the OB forum, enjoy!

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
1991 Toyota 4runner
22RE 5speed
31x10.5x15
Stock suspension still

Hi everyone pretty new to all of this, still actually trying to get into the overlanding part of things just gone through a few Trails locally. Looking for guys near me to go exploring with.
Welcome to Overland Bound. As @Kent R stated I am one of your U.S. West Member Representatives. Please feel free to contact me at anytime, if you have any questions or concerns. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, or your other Member Representative @PapaDave if the need arises.

Be sure to browse through the New member threads for some very good information and it will also help you when navigating the OB website.

Check out Rally Points and the Calendar for monthly meet-ups, trail runs and trainings. These are great places to meet other like minded people.

Also in March there is a scheduled Mojave Road trip planned. This trip is scheduled for March 12-16th and it is a combination trail run and trail clean-up. This will be a great place to meet a lot of new members because it has been designed for this purpose. If you have never been on the Mojave Road it is not a hard trail, but it is super beautiful. You can find all the details on Rally Points.

Look forward to meeting you out on the trail.

RoamWithJon

Rank 0

Contributor II

Central Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
R
Very Nice Subi, use to have a 2006 STI and loved it. Welcome to Overland Bound. As @Kent R stated I am one of your U.S. West Member Representatives. Please feel free to contact me at anytime, if you have any questions or concerns. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, or your other Member Representative @PapaDave if the need arises.

Be sure to browse through the New member threads for some very good information and it will also help you when navigating the OB website.

Check out Rally Points and the Calendar for monthly meet-ups, trail runs and trainings. These are great places to meet other like minded people.

Also in March there is a scheduled Mojave Road trip planned. This trip is scheduled for March 12-16th and it is a combination trail run and trail clean-up. This will be a great place to meet a lot of new members because it has been designed for this purpose. If you have never been on the Mojave Road it is not a hard trail, but it is super beautiful. You can find all the details on Rally Points.

Look forward to meeting you out on the trail.
Thats awesome, I actually traded my WRX in for this Crosstrek. In my head I was thinking I could do a lot more fun legal things in the Crosstrek than I could do in the wrx lol. I'll definitely check out those threads. Appreciate it!

Abreu93

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Berwick, PA, USA
First Name
Erickson
Last Name
Abreu
Hello everyone, glad to be here
I'm a novice at this, I've been trailing before and I'm hooked.
Currently dont have a rig, I was going to outfit my '94 pathfinder but the 2 piece driveshaft isent trust worthy and its 2wd so I'm looking at 2 vehicles I hope yall could help me out with choosing.
I'm located in central Michigan and travel around the state often to explore new places, hope to meet nearby members to trail and explore with!
welcome to the club! just dont get lost in this place. its easy to do lol

Rosco72

Rank 0

Contributor I

Topeka, KS, USA
First Name
Guy
Last Name
Cumpton
I am new to the overlanding world and find myself doing more preparing than actually doing. Although the preparing and building the rig is my new hobby, I find myself needing to actually get out into nature. Most of my life I have camped, from tents to rvs. And now my wife and I, along with the kids, travel while staying in VRBO homes. Even renting homes to stay places is very nice, I still find myself needing to get back to the basics. Over complicating the overlanding concept is my downfall as it seems others struggle with it too. Just get out and do it. I love your message. Thank you for your inspiration.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

New guy here, from the beautiful Olympic Peninsula in Washington.
My build is my wife's daily, her 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L. currently it's got a 2" lift, 30" Hankook all terrains, and misc. oem accessories. Going for the off-road/overland capability and look.
View attachment 137838View attachment 137839
Hey @MGalvinized! You live in a beautiful part of the country. Wish I could spend more time over there. I'm in Whidbey Island!

Keep an eye out this summer, as I plan on doing a trip over there. Would love to have you join us! We also do monthly meetups/campouts each month in the Hwy 20 area of the Cascades. Might be a fun weekend trip!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I am new to the overlanding world and find myself doing more preparing than actually doing. Although the preparing and building the rig is my new hobby, I find myself needing to actually get out into nature. Most of my life I have camped, from tents to rvs. And now my wife and I, along with the kids, travel while staying in VRBO homes. Even renting homes to stay places is very nice, I still find myself needing to get back to the basics. Over complicating the overlanding concept is my downfall as it seems others struggle with it too. Just get out and do it. I love your message. Thank you for your inspiration.
Go for it.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Get er done... go explore man... take a weekend off from building and just drive.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Mascarello

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Brazil
First Name
Eduardo
Last Name
Mascarello
Member #

Hey, I'm Eduardo Mascarello!

Rig: 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Experience: Beginner

I'm a 39 years old, lawyer, married, dad with great interest in taking your 5 year old son to experience and value a outdoor life. I believe that the best method is to teach by example.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, I'm Eduardo Mascarello!

Rig: 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Experience: Beginner

I'm a 39 years old, lawyer, married, dad with great interest in taking your 5 year old son to experience and value a outdoor life. I believe that the best method is to teach by example.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, Im David, my wife Nicole, we are excited to be a part of this community. We cant wait till we can start doin more on our Suburban build and get out even more, thanks everyone.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives are @Iwata77, @BlueLineOverland, @Prerunner1982 @Paris0514

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm new here and just getting started with overlanding. Reading alot on this forum and getting excited about some trips. View attachment 137860 I have a stock 2002 Xterra. Working on basic maintenance items currently.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New guy here, from the beautiful Olympic Peninsula in Washington.
My build is my wife's daily, her 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L. currently it's got a 2" lift, 30" Hankook all terrains, and misc. oem accessories. Going for the off-road/overland capability and look.
View attachment 137838View attachment 137839

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman @Sandpoint Steve @Slimpartywagon

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1991 Toyota 4runner
22RE 5speed
31x10.5x15
Stock suspension still

Hi everyone pretty new to all of this, still actually trying to get into the overlanding part of things just gone through a few Trails locally. Looking for guys near me to go exploring with.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Magic Mike & @PapaDave