Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

New to the site and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Experience: Novice
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Howzit, my name is Jon

Living out in Tracy, Ca at the moment

I drive an orange 2014 Subaru Crosstrek. Nothing much done to it aside from a set of Black Rhino Boxer wheels wrapped in Grabber at2’s.

Not much experience, mostly just small trails and mud pits.

Excited to meet some new people, and go on some new adventures!

View attachment 137765
Hey John!

i am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to a couple of meet ups that are happening near you. Feb 9th there are meet ups happening in Ripon and Pleasanton, so you get to choose to go east or west! :)

Both meetings are active as the Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group Is headed out to Big Sur this weekend (trip is full) and the Central California (Ripon) group is headed up the Lost Coast over President’s Day Weekend.

Central California Meet Up

Tri-Valley Meet Up

If you have questions feel free to reach out

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello forum members. Name is Jason hailing from Pacifica, CA, and I have pretty much finished my build on my 2010 Wrangler Rubicon. Not much to do when it comes a electric sway bar disconnect, dual Dana 44s with e-lockers! Just a lift, wheels, tires, winch, and you're all set. Completed a trip through the Rubicon trail, solo through the spring melt. Just added a top notch iKamper RTT and built an overland trailer... voila, its an RV for my family.
View attachment 137597
Hey Jason!

Nice Jeep! I love my iKamper as well!

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. Feb 9th there is meet up in Pleasanton, it has a great regular turn out and active. For example the Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group Is headed out to Big Sur this weekend but unfortunately the trip is full. However we have plans for February and March!

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

RoamWithJon

Rank 0

Contributor II

Central Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
R
Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@Claminator welcome to Overland Bound, the number one stop for all the Overlanding Information you can handle. like @Kent R said, he is the North West Regional Director, @Gabriel Bozeman is the closest Member Representative to you.

Check out Overland Bound Meetups for current activities planned throughout the Northwest Region, as well as the rest of the world.

Some important dates to for the year:

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally 2020, in Plain, Washington. Presale tickets are offers now through the end of March, be sure to grab them at the discounted rates. If you want to camp with fellow OB members, RSVP here, so I can make sure to get you in on the OB Camp Site.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon hosted by @2RiversRanchExpeditions. This is going to be a fun weekend with potluck dinner the first night, drive through the small town of Dayville in the 4th of July parade, fallowed by a 3 day trail run with two other remote camping spots, seeing country that the public doesn’t usually get to see.

Mike Rose
OB# 20990
Northwest ReGino Member Representative

jmaya

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

That EXO trip is gonna be amazing!! Plenty of pics and/or video will be required, y'know... !! Congratulations! That's a tough gig to book if I understand correctly. I'm really looking forward to your trip analysis! :sunglasses:

And welcome to OB!

What did ya get??
I picked up pretty much everything ha! Tent, coleman stove, table, lamps, sleeping bags, chairs, cooler, cookware, and first aid kit, couple of plano cases, and some other misc items. the Overland bound checklist came in super handy

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
welcome @MGalvinized , Nice Pilot. You are in the Northwest Region. @Kent R is the Northwest Regional Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Check out Overland Bound Meetups for current activities planned throughout the Northwest Region, as well as the rest of the world.

Some important dates to for the year:

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally 2020, in Plain, Washington. Presale tickets are offers now through the end of March, be sure to grab them at the discounted rates. If you want to camp with fellow OB members, RSVP here, so I can make sure to get you in on the OB Camp Site.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon hosted by @2RiversRanchExpeditions. This is going to be a fun weekend with potluck dinner the first night, drive through the small town of Dayville in the 4th of July parade, fallowed by a 3 day trail run with two other remote camping spots, seeing country that the public doesn’t usually get to see.

Mike Rose
OB# 20990
Northwest ReGino Member Representative

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
1991 Toyota 4runner
22RE 5speed
31x10.5x15
Stock suspension still

Hi everyone pretty new to all of this, still actually trying to get into the overlanding part of things just gone through a few Trails locally. Looking for guys near me to go exploring with.
Hi Daniel, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
New guy here, from the beautiful Olympic Peninsula in Washington.
My build is my wife's daily, her 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L. currently it's got a 2" lift, 30" Hankook all terrains, and misc. oem accessories. Going for the off-road/overland capability and look.
View attachment 137838View attachment 137839
Welcome to the OB community Martin. Nice looking ride.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@4runner925 , welcome to OB. You are in the US southwest Region, @brien is your Regional Director.

please post pictures of your ride in a build thread. We love pictures and Stories here.

being newish to overlanding, you chose the right place to come learn. Lots of great information and people here. Check out Overland Bound Meetups for groups in your area. Also the member map will point you to members close to you.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello forum members. Name is Jason hailing from Pacifica, CA, and I have pretty much finished my build on my 2010 Wrangler Rubicon. Not much to do when it comes a electric sway bar disconnect, dual Dana 44s with e-lockers! Just a lift, wheels, tires, winch, and you're all set. Completed a trip through the Rubicon trail, solo through the spring melt. Just added a top notch iKamper RTT and built an overland trailer... voila, its an RV for my family.
View attachment 137597
Very Nice and welcome to Overland Bound. As @Kent R stated I am one of your U.S. West Member Representatives. Please feel free to contact me at anytime, if you have any questions or concerns. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, or your other Member Representative @PapaDave if the need arises.

Be sure to browse through the New member threads for some very good information and it will also help you when navigating the OB website.

Check out Rally Points and the Calendar for monthly meet-ups, trail runs and trainings. These are great places to meet other like minded people.

Also in March there is a scheduled Mojave Road trip planned. This trip is scheduled for March 12-16th and it is a combination trail run and trail clean-up. This will be a great place to meet a lot of new members because it has been designed for this purpose. If you have never been on the Mojave Road it is not a hard trail, but it is super beautiful. You can find all the details on Rally Points.

Look forward to meeting you out on the trail.

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Howzit, my name is Jon

Living out in Tracy, Ca at the moment

I drive an orange 2014 Subaru Crosstrek. Nothing much done to it aside from a set of Black Rhino Boxer wheels wrapped in Grabber at2’s.

Not much experience, mostly just small trails and mud pits.

Excited to meet some new people, and go on some new adventures!

View attachment 137765
Very Nice Subi, use to have a 2006 STI and loved it. Welcome to Overland Bound. As @Kent R stated I am one of your U.S. West Member Representatives. Please feel free to contact me at anytime, if you have any questions or concerns. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, or your other Member Representative @PapaDave if the need arises.

Be sure to browse through the New member threads for some very good information and it will also help you when navigating the OB website.

Check out Rally Points and the Calendar for monthly meet-ups, trail runs and trainings. These are great places to meet other like minded people.

Also in March there is a scheduled Mojave Road trip planned. This trip is scheduled for March 12-16th and it is a combination trail run and trail clean-up. This will be a great place to meet a lot of new members because it has been designed for this purpose. If you have never been on the Mojave Road it is not a hard trail, but it is super beautiful. You can find all the details on Rally Points.

Look forward to meeting you out on the trail.