Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

I have sent you a Direct Message.
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R stated I am your U.S. West member representatives and if you have any questions or concerns fee free to contact me @Magic Mike. You also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, if the need arises.

Make sure you browse the new member threads for some great information and it will help you navigate the OB website.

Also check Rally Points for local meetups, trainings and group trips. This is a great place to meet other Overlanders and network with like minded people.

Look forward to seeing you out on the trail.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 134183View attachment 134185View attachment 134186View attachment 134187

HI, I'm David and that's my wife Ashlee. We just picked up a 2012 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with an Ursa Minor camper top installed - 6 weeks ago. I've already slid way down the slippery mod slope on this thing as I always do. We've been overloading for a long time now in far less typical overland rigs, but those 3 VW's you see in the pics took us hundreds of thousands of paved miles and tens of thousands of dirt miles from the top of Pikes Peak and Mt. Evans to the bottom of Death valley to Schaffer trail in Moab Utah to the Arctic Ocean in Deadhorse Alaska to Pismo Beach, Bonneville, Glaciar, Banff, Yosemite, Denali and many others. The Jeep will slow us down quite a bit (not much fun over 65 like the VW's that like to do 90+ all the time), but it adds a layer of comfort and convenience (camper top & organization systems) along with an incredible off-road capability to take us into places the others wouldn't. Having a dedicated overland rig is something we've always wanted, and now it is time! :) I hope to meet lots more cool people and continue to learn new things through the incredible traveling community!
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R stated I am one your U.S. West member representatives and if you have any questions or concerns fee free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director if the need arises.

Make sure you browse the new member threads for some great information and it will help you navigate the OB website.

Also check Rally Points for local meetups, trainings and group trips. This is a great place to meet other Overlanders and network with like minded people.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello, I'm Chris, hailing from Alamo, CA. I've been doing simple dirt road overlanding in the Eastern Sierra's for a bunch of years, but always staying in motels at the end of the day. Last year I decided to go more mobile and purchased a 2005 Ford Excursion Limited (V10-pig) and a Conqueror UEV-490. So while I won't be doing any rock crawling with this getup, it does get around pretty well.

As for experience, absolutely 0 technical and pretty good on dirt roads!

I've already signed up for the local meetup and an upcoming trip. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow members soon!

View attachment 134261 View attachment 134260
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R stated I am one your U.S. West member representatives and if you have any questions or concerns fee free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @TOMB & @Magic Mike.

Two local meet-ups near you.
Visalia/Fresno CA
US West - Visalia Meet up
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

I totally understand being done with the rocks.
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R stated I am one your U.S. West member representatives and if you have any questions or concerns fee free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Reactions: Kent R

JacobThomas1654

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Payson Utah 84651
First Name
JACOB
Last Name
THOMAS
Member #

I finally pulled the trigger and became a member. I have been off roading and camping my entire life in UtahCB5E924A-161B-49A2-B451-98BB5F310359.jpeg. 284DBED8-4ABE-430C-AE87-D7B0355BC12F.jpegAC349B72-97F4-4298-874A-F63E5E4F4D3B.jpegCurrently I am running a 2014 Ram 2500 Megacab. On solo trips I camp out of the back of the truck. When the family comes or I am setting up a base camp I pull a thirty foot bunkhouse trailer. Looking forward to meeting you on the trails!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Unfortunately I sold the white truck after 10 years of adventure with him. I sure do miss the old boy though. The OBS Fords are one of my favorite body styles.
I like the body style, but not the brand... although for some reason I keep getting suckered in... I tried to make the switch to Ram, and after two great second gen rams, I am back to Ford OSB... Bit I really do like my Bronco, and will probably have it for a very long time to come.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OLB,

Just became a member and new to the forums. Look forward to chatting with you guys and enjoying some off-road adventures.

Zach
Gilbert, AZ
2019 Toyota 4Runner Off-road
Novice

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: K1LL1N

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I finally pulled the trigger and became a member. I have been off roading and camping my entire life in UtahView attachment 135370. View attachment 135371View attachment 135372Currently I am running a 2014 Ram 2500 Megacab. On solo trips I camp out of the back of the truck. When the family comes or I am setting up a base camp I pull a thirty foot bunkhouse trailer. Looking forward to meeting you on the trails!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is Dustin.

I Recently picked up a 2019 Tacoma, I am new to the overland community, not so new to off-roading or camping. I picked up a free spirit recreation RTT, and look forward to exploring, off-roading, fishing, and meeting other members in this community.

PS: Im a photographer on the side, if you'd like shots of your rigs reach out Id love to join on a nice weekend getaway.

Vehicle: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (TRD Offroad Package) 6ft bed
The truck is stock currently, however I plan to make some upgrades in the coming months and I'm not afraid of getting her dirty.

I have lots of camping gear anywhere from; glamping or roughing it. I look forward to seeing you guys on the trail.

Location: San Francisco Bay Area and frequently in Reno NV area to visit family

(I spend most of my time exploring the sierras or high deserts of CA and NV)

Photo of my rig at Pyramid Lake NV
View attachment 135332

Look forward to seeing you guys on the trail!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative in CA is @Magic Mike and in Reno @HappyOurOverlanding.

Reno also has a great meet-up if your interested.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reno-overlanding-meets-and-runs.17576/

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New here I’m running a triple locked 96 land cruiser working on making a trailer and lots of dreams looking over the app what is the alpha 2.0 sign up for couldn’t find any info on it?

View attachment 135323
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

2.0 Alpha sign up is to test the new Overland Bound mobile app. Developed for Overlanders by Overlanders

Reactions: Battstrax

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Zach, welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. The East Valley meet up in Gilbert is next week!
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

K1LL1N

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Killin
Member #

Hello Zach, welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. The East Valley meet up in Gilbert is next week!
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
@Prerunner1982 - Thank you for all the links. I will definitely try to make the meet up next week.

thephilpott

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Philpott
Member #

Hey Overland Bound! I'm Stephen from North Carolina. I bought a 2018 TRD Off Road with the goal of travelling to hard to reach places and haven't done much of that in the last year and a half. I'm ready to change that and hoping to meet some fellow enthusiasts along the way. This is all new to me but I'm looking forward to the adventure ahead.

Rig: 2018 4Runner TRD Off Road
Experience: Beginner