Colorado, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Biggs
Member #

Greetings!
Region: Northern Colorado
Vehicle: 1986 VW Vanagon Westfalia Syncro (4WD)
Experience: Novice
In the past I've owned a Jeep CJ-5 and a Toyota FJ40, so I have some 4-wheeling experience, but would consider myself a novice. This is my third Westfalia, but my first Syncro version. They're a bit hard to find these days, but fantastic for finding those out of the way campsites. I am a semi-retired photographer and video producer. Within the next year or two, I am planning on moving into the van and living the van life full-time, heading to high altitudes in the summer to beat the heat and desert locations in the winter. I hope to learn a bunch from this forum/community. Here are a few pictures of my rig in the wild.

VanLifeGeek-ForestSummerCamp.jpgheadinVLG-3wt04.jpg2016-August Nat Forsest Camp Pano.jpg2016-June Nat Forest Parachute Hill 1.jpg

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

New member reporting from Oregon. New to overlanding. Rig is Jeep JLUR 2020. Looking forward to learning for you all....
Welcome! Killer photography! What's the trick?

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area, TX, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
Hello everyone, new member from DFW - Texas area, my project rig is my take on a old school "earth roamer", my rig is a 1991 Chevy V3500. The truck is currently getting different axles but it has a 12V Cummins diesel, GM NV4500 Transmission, BW4401 Trans case, 2008 F550 axles, MRAP wheels with 395 Goodyear MVT tires, and a surplus military maintenance bed. I am a overland Novice but not a novice to off roading.
20191229_140437.jpg

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Matthew (@Mattcrouch1502), welcome from Oklahoma. Post up some pics of that rig! Sounds sweet. I am a fan of the old square bodies as well.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a DFW meet up next weekend.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
New member reporting from Oregon. New to overlanding. Rig is Jeep JLUR 2020. Looking forward to learning for you all....
Welcome Paolo,

as @Gabriel Bozeman said, you are In the US Northwest Region, @Kent R is our regional director. Gabe, myself @Slimpartywagon and @Sandpoint Steve are also your member representatives.

We are currently scheduling member get togethers, trail rides, and other activities in your area. Northwest Overland Rally is June 18-21, 2020 in Leavenworth Washington more information can be found here

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area, TX, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
Hello Matthew, welcome from Oklahoma. Post up some pics of that rig! Sounds sweet. I am a fan of the old square bodies as well.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a DFW meet up next weekend.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Thanks for the welcome! I will definitely checkout the links! I just started a build in the fullsize section and added more photos.
Build Thread

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Hello, My name is Dave.

Rigs: 2015 Ram 2500, 2003 Dodge Ram 2500, 99 Dodge Ram 2500, 99 Dodge Ram Van 1500, and a 8? Dodge Aries Station Wagon.

Experience: at camping and offroading, above average...at combining the 2, newbie.

I have been offroading and camping for a long time. Just recently learned(have no idea how I passed over this) that you can get off pavement travel/dispersed camping combined by State Forests in Pa.

My main objective here is to learn, share, and dwell into the community as I explore and Camp in Bald Eagle State Forest.

Thanks for having me

Fjelljeger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Alaska, USA
First Name
Land
Last Name
Hayward
Member #

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Thanks!

pdxstinggray

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portland, OR
First Name
Paolo
Last Name
Polla
Member #

Welcome Paolo,

as @Gabriel Bozeman said, you are In the US Northwest Region, @Kent R is our regional director. Gabe, myself @Slimpartywagon and @Sandpoint Steve are also your member representatives.

We are currently scheduling member get togethers, trail rides, and other activities in your area. Northwest Overland Rally is June 18-21, 2020 in Leavenworth Washington more information can be found here
Thanks!
I will see. I need to get a RTT first which I plan on getting in next few months.
Summer is full of kids tournaments so not sure I will be able to make it but who knows.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks!
I will see. I need to get a RTT first which I plan on getting in next few months.
Summer is full of kids tournaments so not sure I will be able to make it but who knows.
Who says you have to have a RRT, I currently use two 2 person backpacking tents.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
haha yes! But i dont have those either. Actually....i never spent a night of my life in a tent! This is gonna get ugly!
If that’s the case, before you go spend all that money on a RTT, I highly suggest getting a cheap tent, barrow a tent (I have a few loaners), or find a used RTT. Eastern Oregon State University has an outdoor rental facility where you can rent everything you need to go out into the back country, minus the vehicle of corse. Maybe check into your local Community College and Universities to see if they have the same kind of programs.

i wrote a pretty good bit to another guy getting into the hobby as you. you might find some of the information useful.

Last edited:

pdxstinggray

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portland, OR
First Name
Paolo
Last Name
Polla
Member #

If that’s the case, before you go spend all that money on a RTT, I highly suggest getting a cheap tent, barrow a tent (I have a few loaners), or find a used RTT. Eastern Oregon State University has an outdoor rental facility where you can rent everything you need to go out into the back country, minus the vehicle of corse. Maybe check into your local Community College and Universities to see if they have the same kind of programs.

i wrote a pretty good bit to another guy getting into the hobby as you. you might find some of the information useful.

thank you will read it

Ed21194

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Edgar
Last Name
Mendez
Member #

PSX_20191001_202312.jpg
Hi,
I like to introduce myself.

Edgar Mendez
#21194,
Visalia, CA
Rig: 2019, 4Runner, aka "Morena"
Skill: Novice

This will be my first year Over landing, super excited to begin with my trips.

I'll be asking a lot of questions, so please bear with me.

Goal is to travel the Mojave Road from about Afton Canyon, CA south east to Laughing Nevada in October of 2020.
Hope to see you guys out in the wild