Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello all! My name is Land. Originally from Montana, US Army took me to Alaska, which has become my home for the past 20 years. New adventures are coming my way and I’ll be moving to the Midwest in spring. The plan is to load up the truck along with my wife and three dogs and drive, so I’ll be looking for advice on gear, places to stay, travel tips, etc. I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. Presently working with a local fabricator to weld up a utility/ladder rack that will mount over my topper shell for holding gear and an RTT. Plan is to purchase an iKamper Skycamp 2.0, so input would be appreciated from anyone with experience with these RTTs. Travel hacks, how-to’s, best practices; all take it all! Also looking at 270 awnings, fridge/freezer options, portable/solar power, hot water options, shower options, and portable toilets. My wife is NOT into camping, even car camping, so the fact she’s agreed to drive out is a HUGE milestone! Her version of ”camping” involves hard walls, heat, toilet, and a shower, so I want this experience to be as positive and comfortable as possible for her so hopefully she will want to do it again! Any creature comfort options are appreciated as well!

I look forward to learning and interacting with you all.
Welcome Land,
As you know, you are in the US Northwest Region, @Kent R is our NW Regional Director. @Gabriel Bozeman @Sandpoint Steve and myself @Slimpartywagon are your Member Reps

when you move to the Midwest, @Mike W will be your Regional Director.

I highly suggest becoming a paid member, it opens up way more of the features this forum has to offer Like the SOS feature, which will come in very handy as you travel through Canada down to the lower 48.

I also recommend you start a thread either on the Full Sized Rig forum, or under general discussion talking about your truck build, and the logistics of your proposed journey.

Thank you for your service. Hoowa

Fjelljeger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Alaska, USA
First Name
Land
Last Name
Hayward
Member #

Welcome Land,
As you know, you are in the US Northwest Region, @Kent R is our NW Regional Director. @Gabriel Bozeman @Sandpoint Steve and myself @Slimpartywagon are your Member Reps

when you move to the Midwest, @Mike W will be your Regional Director.

I highly suggest becoming a paid member, it opens up way more of the features this forum has to offer Like the SOS feature, which will come in very handy as you travel through Canada down to the lower 48.

I also recommend you start a thread either on the Full Sized Rig forum, or under general discussion talking about your truck build, and the logistics of your proposed journey.

Thank you for your service. Hoowa
Thanks Michael! I did pay for a membership today before posting, and I see I need to message Jeff for the Members Area access. I’ll do that now, and thanks for the recommendation on the Full Size Rig post.

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hell David (@Frankecar), welcome from Oklahoma.
I see that you are a ham. Hopefully you can join us on the weekly Friday night Echolink net where we discuss radio and overland topics.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolink/AllStar/DStar repeater don't worry many of us use the Echolink app.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Colin (@Trailman8812 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

mpl1978

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

South Florida
First Name
marc
Last Name
lyons
Member #

Rig: 2004 lx470 (only mod so far is frontrunner rack and OVS awning)
Future: small adventure trailer for better storage
Tent: Springbar Family Camper
Experience: ZERO, I live in Florida!

I have two boys 6 +8 and we love camping. We got the overland bug last summer when we spent two weeks out of a Westfalia in the Olympic National Park.

Planning: looking to plan a 2 weeks trip from the DC area to the northeast this summer (advice sought). I am going to put the rig on the auto train from Florida to DC.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello all! My name is Land. Originally from Montana, US Army took me to Alaska, which has become my home for the past 20 years. New adventures are coming my way and I’ll be moving to the Midwest in spring. The plan is to load up the truck along with my wife and three dogs and drive, so I’ll be looking for advice on gear, places to stay, travel tips, etc. I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. Presently working with a local fabricator to weld up a utility/ladder rack that will mount over my topper shell for holding gear and an RTT. Plan is to purchase an iKamper Skycamp 2.0, so input would be appreciated from anyone with experience with these RTTs. Travel hacks, how-to’s, best practices; I’ll take it all! Also looking at 270 awnings, fridge/freezer options, portable/solar power, hot water options, shower options, and portable toilets. My wife is NOT into camping, even car camping, so the fact she’s agreed to drive out is a HUGE milestone! Her version of ”camping” involves hard walls, heat, toilet, and a shower, so I want this experience to be as positive and comfortable as possible for her so hopefully she will want to do it again! Any creature comfort options are appreciated as well!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! I have an 85 BJ70 Land Cruiser with many mods & more coming.
Wilmington NC
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2004 lx470 (only mod so far is frontrunner rack and OVS awning)
Future: small adventure trailer for better storage
Tent: Springbar Family Camper
Experience: ZERO, I live in Florida!

I have two boys 6 +8 and we love camping. We got the overland bug last summer when we spent two weeks out of a Westfalia in the Olympic National Park.

Planning: looking to plan a 2 weeks trip from the DC area to the northeast this summer (advice sought). I am going to put the rig on the auto train from Florida to DC.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Gastonia NC
2020 TRD-Pro 4Runner
View attachment 134283

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative @NC-Trooper

I curious, how long does it take to set up that annex?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

Location; Upland, CA
Rig; 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Experience; Novice

Looking forward to meeting new people, trips, and getting information on future builds.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested great group of people. https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Your Regional Director is @Narbob and the closest Member Representative is @Dominic OB0158 Dominic is also the contact person for the Inland Empire meet-up

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! My name is Land. Originally from Montana, US Army took me to Alaska, which has become my home for the past 20 years. New adventures are coming my way and I’ll be moving to the Midwest in spring. The plan is to load up the truck along with my wife and three dogs and drive, so I’ll be looking for advice on gear, places to stay, travel tips, etc. I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. Presently working with a local fabricator to weld up a utility/ladder rack that will mount over my topper shell for holding gear and an RTT. Plan is to purchase an iKamper Skycamp 2.0, so input would be appreciated from anyone with experience with these RTTs. Travel hacks, how-to’s, best practices; I’ll take it all! Also looking at 270 awnings, fridge/freezer options, portable/solar power, hot water options, shower options, and portable toilets. My wife is NOT into camping, even car camping, so the fact she’s agreed to drive out is a HUGE milestone! Her version of ”camping” involves hard walls, heat, toilet, and a shower, so I want this experience to be as positive and comfortable as possible for her so hopefully she will want to do it again! Any creature comfort options are appreciated as well!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You will be in the Midwest Region when you move, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

The MidWest region has a great group of very knowledgeable Member Reps that can help you.

Reactions: Fjelljeger

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I'm Chris, hailing from Alamo, CA. I've been doing simple dirt road overlanding in the Eastern Sierra's for a bunch of years, but always staying in motels at the end of the day. Last year I decided to go more mobile and purchased a 2005 Ford Excursion Limited (V10-pig) and a Conqueror UEV-490. So while I won't be doing any rock crawling with this getup, it does get around pretty well.

As for experience, absolutely 0 technical and pretty good on dirt roads!

I've already signed up for the local meetup and an upcoming trip. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow members soon!

View attachment 134261 View attachment 134260

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Reactions: Chris Mayer

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
How’s it going? My name is Colin and I’m from the Houston area.

my current rig is a 2015 Ram 2500 with a 3” lift and 35s

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982