Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
WOW, what happened to that nice Jeep?

I hope you and your wife are ok.
We are great
Hello, I'm David. Relocated from Seattle area to Ogden about 8 weeks ago. Drive a locked '96 80 series which I picked up not quite two years ago. First 4wd circa 1993 was a 1979 Subaru wagon, and was hooked. Have never not owned a 4wd ever since. I guess I've been an overlander at heart for many years, just came to know the term recently. Moderate off+road experience, but fairly risk-averse. Really love exploring, adventure, and pushing my comfort zone within reason, but also really like getting home safely without a bunch of repairs! Wife, son, and k-9 copilot and I are grateful for the opportunity to join OB, and look forward to new friends, knowledge, and experiences. Been a fan for a long time, and it's a privilege to be a part of it
nice to meet you.

Reactions: Kent R and 64Trvlr

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I relocated here from California a few years ago myself. I never knew that all the campin and wheelin I have been doing my whole life had another name we always called it campin I am glad to meet someone here in Utah that has a K-9 copilot. g
We (my family) always called it Boon Docking as far as camping, hunting, and fishing. Otherwise we called it going "Cross Country", meaning on the back roads or trails usually requiring a 4x4 because of the terrane. To me Overlanding covers the cross country portion which will include camping on the longer trails.

Tonyval

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Bermuda Dunes, CA, USA
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Valdivia
Member #

Hi all I’m Marco but I go by Tony,

Location: Currently in the Palm Desert,CA area soon moving to the San Diego,CA area.
Rig: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Experience: Been off roading with a couple of friends. Still getting the hang of it, but I’m new to this.

Last edited:

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
We (my family) always called it Boon Docking as far as camping, hunting, and fishing. Otherwise we called it going "Cross Country", meaning on the back roads or trails usually requiring a 4x4 because of the terrane. To me Overlanding covers the cross country portion which will include camping on the longer trails.
That pretty much sums it up for me as well. For me it really becomes Overlanding at the planning stage I.e. the navigation part knowing what to expect as far as terrain even before leaving the house.

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

Hey everyone my names Jared and I use to be into wheeling my 2001 XJ back in the day and then life happens and I fell away from that kind of activity and the jeep got sold.

Fast forward a number of years after I met my now wife and we have been spending the past few years rock hounding and metal dectecting and that has pushed us to more and more remote places.

Currently our rig is a 2012 Outback that's only some what upgraded at the moment but that will change in the coming year.

Anyways I'm happy to be here.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hey everyone my names Jared and I use to be into wheeling my 2001 XJ back in the day and then life happens and I fell away from that kind of activity and the jeep got sold.

Fast forward a number of years after I met my now wife and we have been spending the past few years rock hounding and metal dectecting and that has pushed us to more and more remote places.

Currently our rig is a 2012 Outback that's only some what upgraded at the moment but that will change in the coming year.

Anyways I'm happy to be here.
Hi Jared, is your rig camera shy ? Nothing better than having a wife that loves the outdoors, second best thing is to have a rig to get you there and back ! Welcome to OB.

Reactions: Kent R

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
My name is John. I live in Southern CA, West LA to be specific.

I have a 97 Defender. AS 90 and a 2007 LR3 that is now my daily driver.

I would consider myself a quick learning novice. :)

I’m excited to get out more and explore with my young son.
Don't forget to send us a pic of your rig when you have time. I cant think of a thing better than to be doing your exploring with your family. It's really not fun doing it alone anyway, I know !

Reactions: Kent R

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
That pretty much sums it up for me as well. For me it really becomes Overlanding at the planning stage I.e. the navigation part knowing what to expect as far as terrain even before leaving the house.
Thanks, now I know why I get lost so often. I'm a bad planner and more of an explorer when I get out. And yes, I get lost quite often and that's half the fun for me. I'm the type who starts of going to Utah and ends up in Oklahoma. When I have stopped to talk to the locals, they will often tell me of a spot they like and even if it's not on my scheduled route, I will go here and there to see it all. It's been awhile since I've been out but I'm hoping to get out in the fall and winter months if my bum legs and back will let me get farther than my driveway..

Last edited:

Camphostage

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Leavenworth, WA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Millard
Member #

Hi!
I live deep in the Central Cascade Mountains of Washington State, about 30mins west of Leavenworth and 15 mins east of Stevens Pass. Living so close to so much backcountry I get out every chance can. If I'm not in my 98 4Runner i'm on my dual sport bike. If you're in the area or want to be in the area Im more than happy to have company next time I go out.

Attachments

no_signal

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Banos, CA, USA
First Name
EL
Last Name
P
Member #

Hello everyone,
We are stoked to join the team. My wife and I have built up a 2017 TRD Pro for our trips. We mostly have been going all over Baja for surf and fish. Finding our way to those out of the way places. We are excited to expand our area of exploration. This is the last photo I have our rig but it has changed some.
Cheers, looking forward to meeting you all.

Attachments

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Hi all I’m Marco but I go by Tony,

Location: Currently in the Palm Desert,CA area soon moving to the San Diego,CA area.
Rig: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Experience: Been off roading with a couple of friends. Still getting the hang of it, but I’m new to this.
Thanks, now I know why I get lost so often. I'm a bad planner and more of an explorer when I get out. And yes, I get lost quite often and that half the fun for me. I'm the type who starts of goint to Utah and end up in Oklahoma. When I have stopped to talk to the locals, they will often tell me of a spot they like and even if it's not on my schedueled route, I will go here and there to see it all. It's been awhile since I've been out but I'm hoping to get out in the fall and winter months if my bum legs and back will let me get farther than my driveway..
we will have to get together sometime as for your back and legs trust me I understand completely. But I have set a couple goals and I must accomplish them. Border to border, coast to coast 90% or more on dirt. I have traveled extensively in the lower 48. I have been to at least one destination in all 48 but I have always entertained the idea of off-roading then six months ago I came across a video on you tube about the TAT and I have been frothing at the mouth to do this trail.

Pepperana

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Dutch
First Name
Will
Last Name
Schoot
Member #

Hello all! New member to the club.
Driving a 1981 hj60/61 Frankenstein build. Build not bought ;). Restored it during a 2,5year period (going to open a topic soon). Now im working on making it my overland vehicle.
Located in the South part of The Netherlands and have a campsite so if any OB members are in the south of NL let me know.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

2012 BMW F650GS with DRYSPEC D20 dry bags and bungee cords for remaining gear. Great guys allowed me to tag along on Adventure Palooza 2019 in Missouri. About 400 miles covered over two day to end in Mexico, MO. It was a blast!
Hi Kevin! I’m also in Tulsa We have an Okie forum so we can try to organize meetups and share local trail knowledge. Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?