Enthusiast II

Washington State
First Name
Michael
Last Name
M
Member #

Hi!
I live deep in the Central Cascade Mountains of Washington State, about 30mins west of Leavenworth and 15 mins east of Stevens Pass. Living so close to so much backcountry I get out every chance can. If I'm not in my 98 4Runner i'm on my dual sport bike. If you're in the area or want to be in the area Im more than happy to have company next time I go out.
For sure! Nice looking rig.

pjpvi

Rank I

Contributor III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Jachowski
Glad to be a part of this community. I'm Phil and current vehicle for travel is a 2005 E350 Sportsmobile diesel that I've made a lot of mods to since buying it in 2006. I've been traveling N. America by 4x4 since a kid and plan to continue. Next trip is to South America over the course of 2020. Trying to get ready for the trip now.

Phil
van sunset.jpg
Van Maze.jpg
Van Maze3a.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Glad to be a part of this community. I'm Phil and current vehicle for travel is a 2005 E350 Sportsmobile diesel that I've made a lot of mods to since buying it in 2006. I've been traveling N. America by 4x4 since a kid and plan to continue. Next trip is to South America over the course of 2020. Trying to get ready for the trip now.

Phil
View attachment 120956
View attachment 120958
View attachment 120960
I really like 4x4 vans. I don't know why they don't make more. I have never seen a used one for sale in my area of the USA.
Glad to have you on board Phil ! I live on the border with Mexico and dont care to go there. I see enough poverty right here and don't need to see more.

Reactions: Kent R

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
I really like 4x4 vans. I don't know why they don't make more. I have never seen a used one for sale in my area of the USA.
Glad to have you on board Phil ! I live on the border with Mexico and dont care to go there. I see enough poverty right here and don't need to see more.
My wife and I watched a video about sportsmobile after seeing one at the ski resort we work at. I am amazed and my wife has said that is how we are retiring in a few more years. Ford is now in production of their transit van in a 4x4 version although I suspect it is more of a AWD my employer already ordered 3 for the winter employee shuttle so I will be sure to do a full review for everybody

Contributor I

Edmonton, Alberta Canada
First Name
David
Last Name
Silvestri
Hi from Edmonton Canada. Been a fan of camping all my life... spent the last 10 years exclusively doing trailer camping (which will continue), and am looking to get back into the off-grid camping lifestyle. Winter is coming so, I'm planning to spend that time ramping things back up to the off-grid style.

Will need to continue the trailer life as well, so at least initially, am looking at a full size truck for the overlanding... completely focused on RAM (lifer... good or bad) to handle the trailer as well as the family of 5 plus a dog. Weighing options at the moment for the Rebel and a 3/4 ton... can I wait on a diesel Rebel I ask myself.

Hoping to continue to learn from the community (that I've been living vicariously threw) until the spring...

Wk2camp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

El Sereno, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Adolfo
Last Name
Delcid
Member #

Hello everyone,
I was told about this awesome community by a customer of mine by the name of Kevin, just looking for a place to get and share information about overlanding adventures, looking forward to doing some adventures with my wife and son our current vehicle is a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Attachments

PR4TN06

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Clifton, Va
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Maldonado
Member #

Danny From Northern VA (NOVA).
2016 Toyota Tundra
Brand spanking new to Overland camping. Actually heard about this site from a guy whom I literally met when I pulled into his driveway and asked about his rig. A planned 5 minute conversation turned into almost an hour of the best information I have had so far. Joined to learn more and finally start getting out there.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hey everyone! My name’s Adam and I’m from central Arkansas. My rig is a 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK. I got it in 2012 and ran stock for a while. It’s only the last couple years I’ve started doing stuff to it and only the last few months that I’ve been getting into overlanding. So I’m still pretty new to everything but I’m excited to be here and expand my knowledge and experience! I’ve been a member for a few weeks now but haven’t posted my introduction yet. I was waiting to get a couple more mods installed before I posted pictures of my rig but if I keep waiting until it’s “finished” or the next upgrade then it’ll never get posted. lol So here it is in it’s current configuration.
Hello Adam, welcome from Oklahoma.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Donald (@Codecreeper ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There are a couple of meet ups in AZ depending on where you are located hopefully one is close by.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Kevin (@ferg737) , welcome from Central Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the other SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions you can contact myself or @Iwata77.

Dinger

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Iain
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Hello, new member and excited to have joined.

Based in the UK

Driving a 2016 Mitsubishi L200 or Triton depending where you hail from. Not modified other than to put a James Baroud Evo roof tent and ARB awning on it. I’ve only just had the awning put on today, before that I was using a tarp to escape the British weather.

Experience would be Novice. Not done anything outside the UK yet but have done a fair few trips in Britain, most recent being a month travelling around Scotland wild camping with the missus and my two huskies.

Glad to be part of the crew. 1846B7C3-55FA-48EC-B780-1788D8B8943B.jpeg

bigred2211

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Maryland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Walker
Danny From Northern VA (NOVA).
2016 Toyota Tundra
Brand spanking new to Overland camping. Actually heard about this site from a guy whom I literally met when I pulled into his driveway and asked about his rig. A planned 5 minute conversation turned into almost an hour of the best information I have had so far. Joined to learn more and finally start getting out there.
WElcome 'neighbor'. I'm new as well and not too far from you.

Mike

Redneck7490

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah, USA
First Name
Buck
Last Name
Rollins
Member #

James Rollins

Currently have a 2010 Ford Explorer but plan on trading it in for a Toyota Tacoma sooner than later. Miss having an actual truck. Lol.

Currently living in Utah. But I’m from the East coast (South Carolina) and plan on moving back east in 2020.

New to the Overland Bound world. Live for the outdoors and have done camping and off roading and such all my life then I came across this group/community and thought what better way to enjoy what I have loved all my life. Than sharing with people that enjoy the same thing.
Mostly end up going on my adventures solo but that’s okay. I just enjoy being in nature. AA0A447B-932C-4790-9AC1-DFFB4B6233C5.jpeg3941336E-8336-42A8-85FB-E2FE9F364BD5.jpeg