Launch Member

Contributor III

Cave Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Sven
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

Hey! My name is Sven Jensen. I've been wheeling all around Arizona since my dad thought me on his Jeep at the age of 9.
I now drive a 2001 Jeep Cherokee. Very passionate about leave no trace and clean areas! You can usually find me anywhere from Colorado/Utah/Az. Looking to expand more and see more!
You can also follow my adventures on insta @VikingOverland

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Sven (@VikingOverland ) , welcome from Oklahoma. Great looking XJ! If you haven't already found it, feel free to check out the Jeep Talk Show. It's a Jeep podcast and 2 of the hosts are XJ owners. You can download the podcast from most any podcast provider including Iheartradio and itunes. With over 400 episodes they are great to pass your drive time.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

isaacweber78

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Riverside, CA
First Name
Isaac
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Welcome! Looks like you have a rifle box up there ;) What are your plans to outfit? Seems like a great platform to work with there.
Yep, a Plano case I found on Offer Up for $20. Also have molle pouches and a Raingler net in the hatch to help with storage.

isaacweber78

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Riverside, CA
First Name
Isaac
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Welcome! Looks like you have a rifle box up there ;) What are your plans to outfit? Seems like a great platform to work with there.
Yeah it's a Plano case I found on Offer up for $20. Also have molle pouches and a Raingler net in the hatch to help with storage.

Poconosteve

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Jordan
Member #

Hey everyone, new to the group. From the great land of champagne glasses. Yes that’s right the Poconos. Northeast Pennsylvania. My rig is a 2010 Subaru Forester which has been a work in progress for a year now. I inherited it from my wife and my kids didn’t want it so I took and am making it a capable off-road vehicle. Current member of Mtn Roo. Belong to both the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic chapters. Having a ball being off-road again. Looking forward to some excursions with this group as well. I’ll post up some pics shortly. Thanks for having me and if you’re in my neck of the woods don’t hesitate to reach out.

bigred2211

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Maryland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Walker
Hello everyone, my name is Neal Johnson and I am extremely interested in getting into Overlanding. I just bought a Dodge Ram rebel. I know its probably not the best suited vehicle but wanted something big enough for the family and the dog to come. The closest overloading experience I have is probably from deployments of driving the MRAPs everywhere. I look forward to meeting some of you soon.
Welcome Neal, though I'm pretty new here as well. I see you're in MD...so am I and I used to live in Laurel, White Marsh now, but work close to BWI. Are you going to VA for the Overland expo in Arrington?

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thanks MM. I like them. Auburn area, Cool. I used to live in Nor Cal. Napa. Clear Lake.
I lived in Napa when I was a kid, on Franklin Street... Use to party at Clear lake as a teenager, there and Lake Berryessa

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey! My name is Sven Jensen. I've been wheeling all around Arizona since my dad thought me on his Jeep at the age of 9.
I now drive a 2001 Jeep Cherokee. Very passionate about leave no trace and clean areas! You can usually find me anywhere from Colorado/Utah/Az. Looking to expand more and see more!
You can also follow my adventures on insta @VikingOverland
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 120480

Hey this is Michael. I've been a backpacker, mountain biker, and skier for most of my life. Now with young kids, I'm finding that everything takes tons more planning than I'm used to. It's worth it though, and we definitely get out there. Getting away from paved roads and busy campgrounds helps my sanity, especially with good friends along for the adventure!
- Eugene, OR
- 1988 Toyota FJ62 Land Cruiser
- I guess I've been overlanding without knowing it for a long time. Currently inspired to get better organized so we can head for the woods on a whim!
Hey Michael, welcome to Overland Bound. I use to have an FJ60, I am just a bit Jelous

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey Everyone! Thanks for having me on board. My name is Tomasz, but everuone can call me Tom. I currently reside in West Chester, PA, in college right now but plan to travel all around the US and the world right after (2.5 years to go!)
My rig is a 1997 Toyota 4runner SR5, currently simply setup on 33s, bumper, and lift. I am adding heaps on mods coming up soon! My rig is special, because it is a 5 speed which is pretty uncommon on these 3rd gens, and also it is sitting at 340k miles currently, but dosent miss a beat!
Feel free to add me on Facebook, Tomasz Kazimierczyk. I plan to setup an Instagram once I start overlanding more to document everything.
Thank you.
View attachment 120458
Welcome to Overland Bound

Hey everyone! My name’s Adam and I’m from central Arkansas. My rig is a 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK. I got it in 2012 and ran stock for a while. It’s only the last couple years I’ve started doing stuff to it and only the last few months that I’ve been getting into overlanding. So I’m still pretty new to everything but I’m excited to be here and expand my knowledge and experience! I’ve been a member for a few weeks now but haven’t posted my introduction yet. I was waiting to get a couple more mods installed before I posted pictures of my rig but if I keep waiting until it’s “finished” or the next upgrade then it’ll never get posted. lol So here it is in it’s current configuration.

IMG_0762.JPGIMG_0761.JPGIMG_0760.JPGIMG_0763.JPG

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hey everyone! My name’s Adam and I’m from central Arkansas. My rig is a 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK. I got it in 2012 and ran stock for a while. It’s only the last couple years I’ve started doing stuff to it and only the last few months that I’ve been getting into overlanding. So I’m still pretty new to everything but I’m excited to be here and expand my knowledge and experience! I’ve been a member for a few weeks now but haven’t posted my introduction yet. I was waiting to get a couple more mods installed before I posted pictures of my rig but if I keep waiting until it’s “finished” or the next upgrade then it’ll never get posted. lol So here it is in it’s current configuration.

View attachment 120670View attachment 120671View attachment 120672View attachment 120673
Damn good looking rig anyone would be proud to own !

Dbrekke27

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

1758 20th Street, Ogden, UT, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Brekke
Member #

Hello, I'm David. Relocated from Seattle area to Ogden about 8 weeks ago. Drive a locked '96 80 series which I picked up not quite two years ago. First 4wd circa 1993 was a 1979 Subaru wagon, and was hooked. Have never not owned a 4wd ever since. I guess I've been an overlander at heart for many years, just came to know the term recently. Moderate off+road experience, but fairly risk-averse. Really love exploring, adventure, and pushing my comfort zone within reason, but also really like getting home safely without a bunch of repairs! Wife, son, and k-9 copilot and I are grateful for the opportunity to join OB, and look forward to new friends, knowledge, and experiences. Been a fan for a long time, and it's a privilege to be a part of it

Attachments

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

View attachment 120670View attachment 120671View attachment 120672View attachment 120673
Welcome from Oklahoma

ferg737

Rank 0

Contributor I

Tulsa, OK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Fergerson
2012 BMW F650GS with DRYSPEC D20 dry bags and bungee cords for remaining gear. Great guys allowed me to tag along on Adventure Palooza 2019 in Missouri. About 400 miles covered over two day to end in Mexico, MO. It was a blast!

Attachments