Launch Member

Traveler III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Frazier
Member #

Good day all, I finally joined after a couple months of putting it off. I have an '02 Xterra I am slowly working on and fixing up to make into my over landing vehicle. I am on IG @isaacweber78, and live in the Inland Empire, hoping to be able to meet other members around. Below are a couple latest photos, since then I have added sliders (not quite finished yet) and going to make cowel light brackets this weekend. Maintenance is almost done, just putting off the oil pan gasket replacement until I have help! I look forward to see everyone's rings and mods!View attachment 120065View attachment 120067
Welcome! Looks like you have a rifle box up there ;) What are your plans to outfit? Seems like a great platform to work with there.

JeffD

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Riverside, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Daigneault
Member #

Hi, I’m Jeff. I live in riverside, CA.
I’m building a 2000 Nissan Xterra. I'm excited to be apart of this community

Attachments

Rescue.Rover

Rank 0

Contributor I

Haddonfield, NJ, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Almstead
Hello all,
I am John from Haddonfield NJ
We have had a 1999 Discovery 1 which we have been restoring and upgrading for the trails. We get out to the Island Beach State Park once in a while to fish and we are looking to find new trails in the pines and meet up with others that are in the area. We attend a few Land Rover events each year (Muddy Chef Challenge and Winter Romp) would like to see what else we can add to our calendar! I have an instagram account with a bunch of pictures of the trucks that I owned and the adventures we have been on. Rescue.Rover is the account name. Thanks for the add, and look forward in meeting up on the trails..

E8ADEE4C-9FC2-4721-A397-E884FE8BF4BD (1).jpg
Island Beach State Park, NJ
Orvis 2019.jpg

222A1466.jpg

JStern_237

Rank 0

Contributor I

Washington, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stern
Hey there all,

Looking to build experience and gain knowledge on overlanding. Love the forum layout and the depth of knowledge here.

Rig: 2018 Tacoma
Experience: Decades of foreign and domestic travel but pretty limited on overlanding.

Photo is from Kruger NP in S. Africa.

Thanks for the welcome,

Josh8Fm0HpRrR9uUJ4EIRd1c%w.jpg

Last edited:

Ullr

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Green
Member #

Hello! My name is Dave and I am from Pennsylvania.

Rig: 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Experience: Brand new to Overlanding but have many years experience Backpacking.

Happy to be apart of the community. I'm looking forward to getting my rig built and getting out there with y'all!

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Afternoon everyone.

I'm located just north of Chicago, a little south of the Wisconsin border. I'm new to overlanding, and new to off roading. Watching all the videos, and reading some of the stories here the desire to get out and explore is strong.
I picked up a 2002 Jeep grand Cherokee about a year ago and I've slowly been going through it bit by bit. I finished the 4 inch lift not long ago.
My first trip is probably going to be the Trans Wisconsin adventure trail. View attachment 120009View attachment 120010
Welcome from NSW Australia....nice WJ...mine is an 03 Overland!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone! My name is Brandon and I live in central Oregon.
I have 2012 Silverado crew cab. I'm use to rock crawling and jeeps builds, so a full size over lander is very new to me.
cant wait to build it up a bit and go exploring
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Everyone,
Current Location: Groton, New York
Current Rig: 2018 Jeep JKU
Experience: Novice
I am just getting started in the overland experience. I drove tractor trailer for 23 years and loved being out on the road. I am now semi retired, so I have decided to get back out to see the places i could not get to with a big rig. I have built the jeep up enough to go to places like Uwharrie National forest and Gorge Washington State forest .I am looking forward to meeting others with the desire to live out on the trails away from the main stream of "the rat race".

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings, My name is Jim.
I drive an Fj cruiser with a few mods.
Always enjoyed the outdoors and offbeat travel.
Thank you for letting me join.
Welcome to Overland Bound, love Fj Cruisers but have a 5th Gen 4Runner.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all! My name is Kevin I'm from Atlanta.I drive a 2008 FJ cruiser. Happy to join the community. I've been camping my whole life. Recently completed a 5000 mile trip to Arizona and back
Welcome to Overland Bound.... Great looking rig

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 119405View attachment 119404
Hi! My name is Jessica. I live in Surprise AZ and adventure in my 1994 Toyota 4Runner I just purchased in June. I’m fairly new to overlanding but recently did the Alpine Loop and a few other trails in Colorado. I try to go camping as often as I can!
Welcome to overland Bound, don't forget to check out the 4Runner registry

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi!
My name's Jeanna, I'm from the east coast of Florida. I have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma. I have lots of camping experience and have outfitted the truck for the past year that I've had it to deal with camping, however I've never gone trail riding (2WD, kind of a garage queen) but I'm looking forward to going off the grid sometime this winter.

Thanks for having me, really excited to get to know some of y'all!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
New member here. Great site.
Current Location: Peoria, AZ
Current Rig: 2005 Isuzu Trooper
Experience: Novice. Enjoy camping up north outta the heat. Son has a 2004 Trooper also.
Bad garage pic...
View attachment 119439
Welcome to Overland Bound, Troopers are cool looking I have always wanted one...

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Everyone!
My name is Pavel, I'm from Russia. More precisely, from its middle part, Siberia.

I have a Subaru Forester SF5 1997! It still has few modifications, but this is enough for me to start.
(And yes, in all the photos there is one car. I just put the body parts from forester 2001)

I am new to overlanding. Therefore, I do not travel far from civilization (200-300 km), but almost every weekend I get out into the forest and lakes/rivers!

I like this community and I am happy to join!
Welcome to Overland Bound Pavel

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings Everyone,

Pleased to have discovered this group. My name is JT Pedersen, residing with my wife Kimberly, in Canton, Michigan, about 15 minutes east of Ann Arbor, western fringes of the Detroit Metro area.

About 4 years ago, a 2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon arrived. We still had kids in the house, so we spent a couple months talking about a name. I've never named one of my vehicles or motorcycles before. For the Jeep, it just seemed to be calling-out or a name. And, so Stitch was born.

We're without kids (in the house) now, and Kimberly and I have been having an absolute blast exploring with Stitch. For me, getting Stitch was less about rock crawling and seeing what I could drag myself over, and more about the places we could go that we otherwise wouldn't. Along the way, I roped my brother (down in Austin) into the experience. He runs his own JKU Rubi. He, his wife, Kimberly, and I have started doing our own trips.

Experience? There's always someone with more...I can let them decide<g>. We're not new, certainly far from 'most experienced.' We are evolving. We've wheeled as far south as Missouri, up to the UP, west to Colorado, and points between. I like to think of myself as stable, applying common sense, with mechanical know-how.

Happy to be here,
JT...
View attachment 119503