Rank 0

Contributor I

Menifee, CA, USA
First Name
Damien
Last Name
Greathouse
Hello,
I am located in the Temecula area of Southern California.
I just got my hands on a clean well maintained 2006 GX 470 (mileage is a bit high at 250k but from what I understand these engines are super reliable.)
My family and I try to go camping and exploring at least a few times a year, I am hoping as I build the GX up and make prep time shorter we will go out a lot more often.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Just started getting into this Overland thing and found it to check many of our boxes and we can easily include the dog so it is win win. Wife and I live in central Maryland and do a good bit of Backpacking and Hiking as well as road trips. Luckily we have many of the basics thanks to the backpacking just need to feel the rest out.

Currently we use her 2011 Forester XT but looking into getting myself out of my 2006 WRX into a mid size pickup for my DD and our next adventure rig.
Our last trip with the Forester was to the National Seashore Assateague Island in April. Had a blast and looking forward to getting further into nature via the rig and not only by legs.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello,
I am located in the Temecula area of Southern California.
I just got my hands on a clean well maintained 2006 GX 470 (mileage is a bit high at 250k but from what I understand these engines are super reliable.)
My family and I try to go camping and exploring at least a few times a year, I am hoping as I build the GX up and make prep time shorter we will go out a lot more often.
View attachment 106355
Welcome to Overland Bound, “Batmonkey” great screen name. Make sure you check out the new member threads for great information.

Also check out Rally Points for events and local meet ups.

If you have any questions or concerns, I am one of the U.S. West Member Reps and you can contact me anytime @Magic Mike

You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob

Reactions: Batmonkey

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey there, new member from Alberta Canada!

Currently have a 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro4x, which i just installed a roof top tent onto.

Currently novice in my overlandig experience but love the outdoors and want this to be a way for me to explore more!View attachment 106354

Travis986

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

DuPont, WA, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Husser
Member #

Hey gang. I'm Travis Husser from a small town in Louisiana not terribly far from New Orleans or Baton Rouge. I joined the Army a little over two years ago now reside in DuPont, Washington. I am a long way from home. I just got out of a 2013 JKU Rubicon and traded for a 2019 Power Wagon. I figured I could use the extra towing capacity. I will post pics of both. Most of my wheeling has been in the Jeep I've wheeled in East Tennesse; Sicily Island, LA; Hotsprings, AR; all over Colorado, and my road trip from San Antonio, TX to Washington. That thing took me anywhere I wanted to go and I sort of miss it. I am looking forward to building up the new adventure wagon though.IMG_7993.jpgIMG_7286.jpg

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey gang. I'm Travis Husser from a small town in Louisiana not terribly far from New Orleans or Baton Rouge. I joined the Army a little over two years ago now reside in DuPont, Washington. I am a long way from home. I just got out of a 2013 JKU Rubicon and traded for a 2019 Power Wagon. I figured I could use the extra towing capacity. I will post pics of both. Most of my wheeling has been in the Jeep I've wheeled in East Tennesse; Sicily Island, LA; Hotsprings, AR; all over Colorado, and my road trip from San Antonio, TX to Washington. That thing took me anywhere I wanted to go and I sort of miss it. I am looking forward to building up the new adventure wagon though.View attachment 106361View attachment 106362

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey gang. I'm Travis Husser from a small town in Louisiana not terribly far from New Orleans or Baton Rouge. I joined the Army a little over two years ago now reside in DuPont, Washington. I am a long way from home. I just got out of a 2013 JKU Rubicon and traded for a 2019 Power Wagon. I figured I could use the extra towing capacity. I will post pics of both. Most of my wheeling has been in the Jeep I've wheeled in East Tennesse; Sicily Island, LA; Hotsprings, AR; all over Colorado, and my road trip from San Antonio, TX to Washington. That thing took me anywhere I wanted to go and I sort of miss it. I am looking forward to building up the new adventure wagon though.View attachment 106361View attachment 106362
Welcome from up North (Whidbey Island)! Make sure to check your local region's forums (you're in NorthWest) for events and meetups. Thank you for your service! If you want to hit a trail, just hit me up at @Gabriel Bozeman. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions as well. Hope you feel at home here in the PNW.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NorthWest Member Representative

Reactions: Travis986

Travis986

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

DuPont, WA, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Husser
Member #

Welcome from up North (Whidbey Island)! Make sure to check your local region's forums (you're in NorthWest) for events and meetups. Thank you for your service! If you want to hit a trail, just hit me up at @Gabriel Bozeman. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions as well. Hope you feel at home here in the PNW.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NorthWest Member Representative
Thanks Gabe. I'll definitely check out the local region's forums. Thanks for the offer as well. I'll keep you in mind if I get some free time.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Whiskey Hill

Rank 0

Contributor I

Portland, OR
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Helbling
Hi all and hello from South of Portland Oregon! We sold our built out FJ Cruiser a couple years ago due to having kids. Now everyone is getting old enough to hold their heads up we are getting back into traveling off the beaten path. Have a 17 Tundra and 19 4Runner we are slowly working on. Most of our previous trips were around Oregon, Northern California, Idaho and Utah. Lots of forest service roads, some sand, and such.

Excited to hear from other people's perspectives as our previous time was spent on the FJ forum and well people tend to bias towards their own vehicles! Thanks.

Attachments

BurleyF150

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fontana, CA
First Name
Alejandro
Last Name
Mejia
Hello all!

My name is Alex and I own a 2017 F150 4x4 with a 5.0. I am new to the overlanding community, but I have done some minor off-roading here and there. Have not really done much to the truck except for lighting, and i have added some additional storage accessories. Looking forward to getting out there with the rig and explore.

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Welcome from NC!

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hello all!

My name is Alex and I own a 2017 F150 4x4 with a 5.0. I am new to the overlanding community, but I have done some minor off-roading here and there. Have not really done much to the truck except for lighting, and i have added some additional storage accessories. Looking forward to getting out there with the rig and explore.
Welcome from NC!

Reactions: BurleyF150

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Just started into Overlanding. Done the back packing thing and few other things. Currently working on a 1999 Chevy Surburban K2500 affectionately known as The Beast. My dogs love riding around in it.
Welcome from NC, have fun!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all and hello from South of Portland Oregon! We sold our built out FJ Cruiser a couple years ago due to having kids. Now everyone is getting old enough to hold their heads up we are getting back into traveling off the beaten path. Have a 17 Tundra and 19 4Runner we are slowly working on. Most of our previous trips were around Oregon, Northern California, Idaho and Utah. Lots of forest service roads, some sand, and such.

Excited to hear from other people's perspectives as our previous time was spent on the FJ forum and well people tend to bias towards their own vehicles! Thanks.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Just started into Overlanding. Done the back packing thing and few other things. Currently working on a 1999 Chevy Surburban K2500 affectionately known as The Beast. My dogs love riding around in it.

rvrgrip

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Simi Valley
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Griffith
Member #

Howdy, name is Sean, out of Simi Valley California. I LOVE NATURE. I work for the motion picture industry as a grip. In 22 years of working I had my first planned vacation in 2018. I now know I must get out more. I've been building a pretty neat rig out of a 2013 Subaru Impreza wagon. I hope it takes me all over the states. Looking forward to meeting y'all on the trail. Take care and be well