TheGageinator

Rank 0

Contributor I

Midlothian, TX
First Name
Gage
Last Name
Clements
Hey everyone! I'm joining the group with my 2000 Ford excursion build! I am located 30 minutes south of Dallas, TX. Here is the victim of my future experiments!( see photo) I will be doing trips with my wife and 3 boys! Going for some HP boosts first, then some offroad upgrades.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Gage (@TheGageinator ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly Dallas meet up: US Southwest - DFW Monthly Recurring Overland Bound Meet
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: TheGageinator

TheGageinator

Rank 0

Contributor I

Midlothian, TX
First Name
Gage
Last Name
Clements
Hello Gage (@TheGageinator ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly Dallas meet up: US Southwest - DFW Monthly Recurring Overland Bound Meet
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Awesome!! These links are exactly what i was looking for, thanks buddy! Looking forward to meeting some new friends

Reactions: Prerunner1982

PW-JDA-2018

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Corona, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Albrecht
Member #

Greetings all. New member from Eastvale (Corona) California. We have a 2018 Ram Power Wagon. It's got Ramboxes, 35" Nitto's, Whiteknuckle sliders, factory FR lockers & Winch. Just got the Dethloff rack and Smitty RTT installed yesterday. Done a decent amount of off road and camping, but never overlanding. Looking forward to it and your help learning the ropes. - Joe

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone! I'm joining the group with my 2000 Ford excursion build! I am located 30 minutes south of Dallas, TX. Here is the victim of my future experiments!( see photo) I will be doing trips with my wife and 3 boys! Going for some HP boosts first, then some offroad upgrades.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings all. New member from Eastvale (Corona) California. We have a 2018 Ram Power Wagon. It's got Ramboxes, 35" Nitto's, Whiteknuckle sliders, factory FR lockers & Winch. Just got the Dethloff rack and Smitty RTT installed yesterday. Done a decent amount of off road and camping, but never overlanding. Looking forward to it and your help learning the ropes. - Joe

View attachment 106150
Welcome to Overland Bound. Nice rig. Make sure you check the new member forum threads for good info.

Also check Rally Point & the calendar for your local meet ups.

If you have any questions or concerns. I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, you can contact me @Magic Mike

You can also contact the Regional Director @Narbob

Gladiator Overland

Rank IV

Explorer I

Cherry Log, Fannin County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Fry
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4VYV
Service Branch
Air Force / Army
We are currently residing in Northwest Georgia in a little town called Blue Ridge, GA

Our current Rigis based off a 2015 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, though we are in the planning process of the next generation of a dedicated Overland RIg instead of a dual use vehicle.

I have been Overlanding in one form or another since 1988. My first vehicle that started it all out was a Jeep Cherokee that I started to offroad and modify as well as travel around exploring new places while also following live music. For a while my militarycareer got in the way and was unable to do much traveling.

Then around 1995 I purchased a 1985 VW Vanagon Camper and traveled everywhere every chance I could in that thing. Even meeting my spouse from my travels. Eventually we handed it down to my sister as she wanted to travel and we upgraded to a VW Eurovan Camper. After some money issues we lost the camper to the bank, acutally one of our favorite setups for travel where the VW setups. The Eurovan wasnt too capable offroad but very comfortable to travel even off the beaten path. We did sign up for a membership a little bit ago.

Then around 2005 we built an insane FJ cruiser with Long Travel Suspension. Quitea capablerig ofroad and we did travel but most of our traveling was centralized to the East Coast as my commitment to the Army was my first priority. But due to being station in Hawaii for a few years and the damage that the salt air does to parts, ie springs rusting in half, etc. We decided it was time for something larger and more managable of a vehicle. Especially since I was given a service animal for some of my disabilities due to combat. which still allowed us to keep the FJ but as a secondary driver and extra explorer for harder Colorado trails. Though not really an overland vehicle we ended up being handed down a BMW X5 and drove the wheels off of it until after rebuilding the upper half of the motor we ran into oil delivery issues and where having transmission issues. We got a full sized ChevySilverado 1500 4x4 pickup which was great for Colorado that we called home at that time. We travelled all over the midwest Colorado, Oklahoma, Wyoming. Eventually I was medically retired from the Army due to my disabilities from combat in November 2013. We sold our beautiful home in Colorado, sniff miss that place just not the politics. So my wife could have help from family and be closer to them to help take care ofme.

After moving here to this small mountain town we wanted something with more interior storage and something more capable offroad. We then with the help of my brother in law who works with SET. Purchased our current vehicle. Although medical issues have prevented us from getting out as much as we would have liked we have enjoyed this platform though our current dreams of once again getting out for weeks and months at a time since I can no longer work and am fully retired have lead us to our next project. With our username might spread some light on our planned build. A jeep Gladiator in Diesel with very specific overland and capabilty mods. As well as a planned Patriot Campers PCOR Tray and Canopy. We do home one day to add a trailor to this build yet right now our budget cannot handle such a upgrade. Perhaps with some good relationships and partnerships on our planned expedition to end up Completing the Pan American HWY and with us trying to film our build, travels, etc. While also trying to introduce and help other wouded veterans into this lifestyle we might be able to add one to the stable. I will share more infformation about our Youtube Channel when the time comes closer for us to start this project. When we get there we wil offer this reasonably built rig that has any years left of use as I believe we just surpassed 50k the odometer. This was we can get a older used Subaru Forester or Outback for our around town and driving with the kids second car. SO we can truly make the Jeep our long term Overland traveling vehicle and all around weekend traveling rig when needed or Peacocking around to events and shows. Thanks I hope to meet some great people and make some good friendships here. We definitely would love to meet other like minded individuals and even couples who would liek to complete the PAH to tag along as a group for security reasons.

Attachments

NomadEffect

Rank 0

Contributor II

Miami Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Nomad
Last Name
Effect
Hello friends!

I'm located in Brooklyn, NY and my boyfriend and I are currently working on a 2005 Ford Escape (Name TBD). What started out as a DIY project to fix the back wheel well of our car evolved overnight into us setting our ride up to get out on and off the road. Our goal is to escape our daily life a little and get one with nature. We're feeling pretty confident in our progress so far, but I guess only time will tell if we're doing it right.

I've attached a before picture here, but if you're interested in following us on our quest, we've started a youtube channel to document the process

BEN15410-1.JPG

We'd super appreciate the support!

We’re finally on the road!!!

here’s a little video we made:
NOMAD EFFECT

Last edited:

Roamoverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clallam County, Washington, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Weld
Member #

Hi all, new members here. We are excited to meet fellow wanderers and hope to get to know some for future trips. We live in Loomis, California and recently bought a 2006 Ford E350 4x4 conversion van and are looking forward to more time exploring the Southwest, the Pacific Northwest, and Canada...well, just everywhere. We have experience 4 wheeling in a Jeep, but are getting used to the extra 10 feet and large turning radius. We enjoy kayaking, snowshoeing, hiking, and solitude...not necessarily in that order. ;-) CA6B325D-32B1-4657-AA46-042FCE787BE5.jpeg

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello friends!

I'm located in Brooklyn, NY and my boyfriend and I are currently working on a 2005 Ford Escape (Name TBD). What started out as a DIY project to fix the back wheel well of our car evolved overnight into us setting our ride up to get out on and off the road. Our goal is to escape our daily life a little and get one with nature. We're feeling pretty confident in our progress so far, but I guess only time will tell if we're doing it right.

I've attached a before picture here, but if you're interested in following us on our quest, we've started a youtube channel to document the process

View attachment 106176
View attachment 106177

NOMAD EFFECT
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all, new members here. We are excited to meet fellow wanderers and hope to get to know some for future trips. We live in Loomis, California and recently bought a 2006 Ford E350 4x4 conversion van and are looking forward to more time exploring the Southwest, the Pacific Northwest, and Canada...well, just everywhere. We have experience 4 wheeling in a Jeep, but are getting used to the extra 10 feet and large turning radius. We enjoy kayaking, snowshoeing, hiking, and solitude...not necessarily in that order. ;-) View attachment 106183
Welcome to Overland Bound, very nice setup. Check the new member forum threads for some good information. Also check Rally Points for trip plans.

There three local and semi-local meetups in the area. The Gold Country meetup, Sierra Foothills Overlanding meetup in the Placerville area and Reno Overland meetup.

I am your U.S. West Member Representative, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike

You can also contact the West Regional Director @Narbob

Reactions: Narbob

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hello friends!

View attachment 106176
View attachment 106177

NOMAD EFFECT
Welcome from NC and good luck on your journey.

Reactions: Magic Mike

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hi all, new members here. We are excited to meet fellow wanderers and hope to get to know some for future trips. We live in Loomis, California and recently bought a 2006 Ford E350 4x4 conversion van and are looking forward to more time exploring the Southwest, the Pacific Northwest, and Canada...well, just everywhere. We have experience 4 wheeling in a Jeep, but are getting used to the extra 10 feet and large turning radius. We enjoy kayaking, snowshoeing, hiking, and solitude...not necessarily in that order. ;-) View attachment 106183
Welcome from NC!

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

View attachment 106150
Welcome from NC!

Reactions: PW-JDA-2018

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

We are currently residing in Northwest Georgia in a little town called Blue Ridge, GA

Our current Rigis based off a 2015 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, though we are in the planning process of the next generation of a dedicated Overland RIg instead of a dual use vehicle.

I have been Overlanding in one form or another since 1988. My first vehicle that started it all out was a Jeep Cherokee that I started to offroad and modify as well as travel around exploring new places while also following live music. For a while my militarycareer got in the way and was unable to do much traveling.

Then around 1995 I purchased a 1985 VW Vanagon Camper and traveled everywhere every chance I could in that thing. Even meeting my spouse from my travels. Eventually we handed it down to my sister as she wanted to travel and we upgraded to a VW Eurovan Camper. After some money issues we lost the camper to the bank, acutally one of our favorite setups for travel where the VW setups. The Eurovan wasnt too capable offroad but very comfortable to travel even off the beaten path. We did sign up for a membership a little bit ago.

Then around 2005 we built an insane FJ cruiser with Long Travel Suspension. Quitea capablerig ofroad and we did travel but most of our traveling was centralized to the East Coast as my commitment to the Army was my first priority. But due to being station in Hawaii for a few years and the damage that the salt air does to parts, ie springs rusting in half, etc. We decided it was time for something larger and more managable of a vehicle. Especially since I was given a service animal for some of my disabilities due to combat. which still allowed us to keep the FJ but as a secondary driver and extra explorer for harder Colorado trails. Though not really an overland vehicle we ended up being handed down a BMW X5 and drove the wheels off of it until after rebuilding the upper half of the motor we ran into oil delivery issues and where having transmission issues. We got a full sized ChevySilverado 1500 4x4 pickup which was great for Colorado that we called home at that time. We travelled all over the midwest Colorado, Oklahoma, Wyoming. Eventually I was medically retired from the Army due to my disabilities from combat in November 2013. We sold our beautiful home in Colorado, sniff miss that place just not the politics. So my wife could have help from family and be closer to them to help take care ofme.

After moving here to this small mountain town we wanted something with more interior storage and something more capable offroad. We then with the help of my brother in law who works with SET. Purchased our current vehicle. Although medical issues have prevented us from getting out as much as we would have liked we have enjoyed this platform though our current dreams of once again getting out for weeks and months at a time since I can no longer work and am fully retired have lead us to our next project. With our username might spread some light on our planned build. A jeep Gladiator in Diesel with very specific overland and capabilty mods. As well as a planned Patriot Campers PCOR Tray and Canopy. We do home one day to add a trailor to this build yet right now our budget cannot handle such a upgrade. Perhaps with some good relationships and partnerships on our planned expedition to end up Completing the Pan American HWY and with us trying to film our build, travels, etc. While also trying to introduce and help other wouded veterans into this lifestyle we might be able to add one to the stable. I will share more infformation about our Youtube Channel when the time comes closer for us to start this project. When we get there we wil offer this reasonably built rig that has any years left of use as I believe we just surpassed 50k the odometer. This was we can get a older used Subaru Forester or Outback for our around town and driving with the kids second car. SO we can truly make the Jeep our long term Overland traveling vehicle and all around weekend traveling rig when needed or Peacocking around to events and shows. Thanks I hope to meet some great people and make some good friendships here. We definitely would love to meet other like minded individuals and even couples who would liek to complete the PAH to tag along as a group for security reasons.

View attachment 106163
Love your rig and welcome!

Reactions: Gladiator Overland