First Name
Mike
Last Name
Ramsey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EYT
Hey all!
We're building a Ram 5500 camper truck. We currently have a Nissan NV2500 4x4 van. Also have a Suzuki Sidekick for trail use.
Ultimately, looking for friends in the Utah area to take large truck trips with. We have been mostly solo in our 4x4 van. But building the truck for extended trips and because we take so much gear with us. :) Would be fun to connect with like minded people. We aren't afraid to take our vehicles to inappropriate places. Ha ha! We drove our 4x4 van up Lippincott pass this last Christmas.
I have many questions about things we've never thought about, like good larger fridges for the adventure box truck, and water tanks, and things like that. I suspect we'll have to have tanks made, but maybe not. Learning as we go.
Also, we ride motos, and paraglide. We host ADVriders here in the Salt Lake City area. We love hot springs and getting way, way out of town.
Here is a photo of the day I picked up the box. The day I became a plumber. Ha ha ha!
We're cutting it shorter by a few feet, and possibly bringing it closer to the frame. Probably. And building an overcab section, also. The Ram is 4x4, and had a steel flatbed before. Purpose built boxes are sweet, but this was a few hundred dollars. I honestly couldn't say no.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey all!
We're building a Ram 5500 camper truck. We currently have a Nissan NV2500 4x4 van. Also have a Suzuki Sidekick for trail use.
Ultimately, looking for friends in the Utah area to take large truck trips with. We have been mostly solo in our 4x4 van. But building the truck for extended trips and because we take so much gear with us. :) Would be fun to connect with like minded people. We aren't afraid to take our vehicles to inappropriate places. Ha ha! We drove our 4x4 van up Lippincott pass this last Christmas.
I have many questions about things we've never thought about, like good larger fridges for the adventure box truck, and water tanks, and things like that. I suspect we'll have to have tanks made, but maybe not. Learning as we go.
Also, we ride motos, and paraglide. We host ADVriders here in the Salt Lake City area. We love hot springs and getting way, way out of town.
Here is a photo of the day I picked up the box. The day I became a plumber. Ha ha ha!
We're cutting it shorter by a few feet, and possibly bringing it closer to the frame. Probably. And building an overcab section, also. The Ram is 4x4, and had a steel flatbed before. Purpose built boxes are sweet, but this was a few hundred dollars. I honestly couldn't say no.
View attachment 105964
Welcome to Overland Bound

Dentedvw

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Utah
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Ramsey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EYT
Ah, and yes, we are going to put new vinyl on, as soon as we are done chopping and so on. :) It's hideous. The other side has a scooby doo looking dog on it, and someone wrote "scary" on it.

Reactions: Magic Mike

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hey all!
View attachment 105964
Welcome from NC.

Perediablo

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
McGaha
Rig : 2013 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4x4
Overlanding Experience : Minimal. Lots of camping, hiking, backpacking, kayaking just not vehicle based.

We are just starting to build our rig. We chose the Expedition EL for the space. We are a family of 4 + 2 dogs and we think this will make a great platform to get into overlanding with.expedition_01.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Overlanding Experience : Minimal. Lots of camping, hiking, backpacking, kayaking just not vehicle based.

We are just starting to build our rig. We chose the Expedition EL for the space. We are a family of 4 + 2 dogs and we think this will make a great platform to get into overlanding with.
Hello Eric (@Perediablo) , welcome from Oklahoma formerly from Lubbock myself.
Clean looking rig you have to build on.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

We are just starting to build our rig. We chose the Expedition EL for the space. We are a family of 4 + 2 dogs and we think this will make a great platform to get into overlanding with.View attachment 106036
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Great to join all of you from Santa Ynez, CA. Looking forward to some great adventures.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your Member Rep is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member, and excited to ramp up our experience with overlanding. We have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and have done several trips to check out the national forests in the midwest. View attachment 106002

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all!
View attachment 105964

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Cendee . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We are new members from the east shore of Lake Tahoe. We also spend some time in the SF Bay Area. Previous experience was some moderate off-road in a Jeep Rubicon in Arizona and Utah while living in Scottsdale.

We are looking forward to meeting people, discovering new routes and joining activities in the Lake Tahoe and greater California and Nevada Area.

Julianna and Greg
Canine Co-Pilots: Jemma and Roxie
Works in Progress: Toyota triple-locked 80 series Landcruiser and RAM 2500 Diesel with AEV lift

View attachment 105953View attachment 105954View attachment 105955View attachment 105957View attachment 105958View attachment 105959View attachment 105961View attachment 105962View attachment 105968

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

The Sierra Foothills Overlanders will have a run to Richardson Lake in September @Kent R , and the Reno Meet-up has several trips coming up @HappyOurOverlanding

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We are Paul & Nicky new to overlanding but have really caught the bug, we are based in central France and drive an ex military 110 Defender.View attachment 105818

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

ItchyFeetOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Modena, Italy
First Name
Nigel
Last Name
Betts
Member #

Hi all. Joined today and very excited to join this thriving community. I am from he UK but currently living in central Italy. I am very impressed by the founding principles as they completely align with my views of what overlanding should be. I am currently preparing a 1998 LR Defender 130 for permanent overland travel. In Early 2021, we will give it all up, sell everything that wont fit in a Defender and head off to Halifax, NS, with the intention of doing the Pan Am Highway over 2 years. After that...who knows where we will go but I do know that we plan to still be in a Defender! I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you all very soon. Our vehicle is called Mandy and when we bought her back in the spring, she was rather worn out after a hard life in Germany! To save her blushes, I will post some pictures of Mandy once she is looking more ladylike...I hope you understand :) Nigel & Linda.

Charlie Goldberg

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lilburn, GA, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Goldberg
Member #

IMG_2384.JPG
Love every moment I get to explore new places.
I'm in Lilburn, Georgia just outside Atlanta.
Here's my 2012 Jeep Wrangler just taken yesterday at Beasley Knob OHV.
3.5in Metalcloak lift on 35 BFG's.
Been to Windrock TN, Adventure Offroad Park TN and Durhamtown GA.
Looking forward to using this site to meet like minded folk and find some new destinations.

RoverOne

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rainy River, ON, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Fairfield
Member #

Hello, I'm a new member, join during the winter but hav not introduced myself.
I'm Mike, I live in Rainy River, Ontario. it's a very small town of 1000 people in northwestern Ontario.
there are not a lot of off road trails around here, but if there are any members, in and around this area, that know of any good trails or camping spots let me know, or maybe you wanna meet up.
looking forward to a fun summer of overlanding. IMG_20190629_200954-01_1561937935534.jpegIMG_20190630_213504-01.jpegIMG_20190628_222354.jpeg