Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,

Names Tyler I've been into off roading for years but got interested in overlanding watching Overland Expedition, Lifestyle Overland and Overland bound so shifted to that. Im fairly new to the Overlanding scene but love exploring and checking new things out.

Im from Keswick, Ontario, Canada and dont drive a typical scene 4x4 rig I drive a 2003 GMC Envoy. Lookforward to learning and meeting fellow overlanders here.
View attachment 102196
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

Your Regional Director is @Hank Outdoors . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, what's up guys (and girls)!?!?!? San Francisco overlander here. Bought my Runner a few years ago and love to adventure. Heading down to my place in Sayulita on Monday.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Tacoma, WA
Rig - 2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
New to overlanding. I have a lot of outdoor experience.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys, new to overlanding, but not to camping or offroading. Just recently learned I could combine the two in the south and not break laws. I drive a 2000 Jeep cherokee, no mods as of yet. Still needs some work. I'm near Charlotte NC.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello overland family! Registering in from Great Falls, MT.

Currently ride is a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

Overland experience is limited, just driving the mountains of MT and a few treks into Glacier National Park.

Picture of my stock GCTH below at the top of Red Sleep Mountain in the National Bison Range. Hopefully upgrading my grey lady this year!
View attachment 102171

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Seattle, WA
1996 Land Cruiser, 2005 4Runner
My overland experience is mostly from childhood. Hunting, fishing and camping trips in a '77 GMC Sierra Camper Special RWD pickup with a canopy and 12' Livingston boat on top of it that my dad always drove around. As an Eagle Scout, I still live the Boy Scout motto to always "be prepared". I've lost touch with road trips and camping after getting into my career, but want to get my family on the road and explore again. I came across Overland Bound and it's purpose really fits my personality. Recently bought another 80 series and started work on it. Hope to see you on the road and in the outdoors. Go Cougs!View attachment 102165

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, new member her from north OC, CA. Been camping and offroading all my life (dirtbikes and, back in the day, 3-wheelers... remember those?!?!?), and 4-wheeling more recently in my FJ. I'm pretty new to overlanding though, having taken my first trip a couple months ago, the famous Mojave Road. And that was it, I'm hooked!
Anyway, enough about me, I'm glad to be here, this seems like a great resource with lots of friendly and knowledgeable people. See ya'all out there.
-BrianView attachment 102098View attachment 102099View attachment 102100View attachment 102101

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. US West - Reoccurring - Orange County Overland Bound Monthly Meet-up - 12/01/2018

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

I'm am new to Overlanding but am in the process of exploring more. Hiked and camped as a kid and have put that on the back-burner for several years and wanting to get back to the outdoors. We have a 19' Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and should be picking up our tent trailer any day now. Live in the PNW in the Mason County area, near Port Orchard. Looking forward to many new adventures.

/Bryan

Cassandra

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

San Gabriel, CA, USA
First Name
Cassandra
Last Name
Delacruz
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director @Narbob. Bob is currently in the North West at a rally but will get back to you when he gets back on grid.
Thank you so much @Kent R!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture!
Below! All stock atm.

2) Location (General area is fine)
Northern California

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2019 Ram 1500 Rebel Crew Cab

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
I'm an overlanding novice. I've always loved to camp, hike, and mountain bike, and I've always owned a truck to get me there, but my focus has always been on the destination and never really on the journey itself. That's changed for me in recent years, so here I am! Very much looking forward to learning from you all and becoming an active member of this community!

View attachment 102032

Depending on your location in NorCal there are several meet-ups.
Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Michael
Kentucky
2008 Wrangler Rubicon
Moderate experience
We mostly camp and explore the Daniel Boone National Forest. We also visit Land Between the Lakes occasionally. A Colorado trip is in the works for later this summer.

heep by retrorabbit87, on Flickr

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2016 Jeep Patriot Latitude
I’m from Humboldt County CA
I am a novice overlander and a pretty decent off-roader, definitely looking to get into more overland style adventures.

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: m1jacobs

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! I am new to the overlanding community and definitely got bit by the bug. I am currently starting from scratch and would love any advise on how to get started beginner wise. I just got a 2018 Jeep renegade (2WD) and haven't done many modes to it as of yet. I live the bay area, Napa to be exact. Any or all advise would be awesome.

Overland Bound Meetups

This summer we will be having a meet-up in Santa Rosa, you will get a message here on the forum.

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: Jeramie707

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! My wife and I are grassy green to overland travel and are looking for any advice or guidance anyone is willing to share.

We just purchased a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Off-Road and are looking to start getting it dirty. It drives great on road but I'm looking to start getting some dirt experience.
View attachment 101970

Would love any recommendations you have but specifically we are heading to Laughlin, Nevada next week and are looking for trails a stock vehicle can traverse. I'm finding lots of dedicated off-road, high clearance, high modification trails but few easy options.

Can't wait to share anything we find and be apart of this great community!

- Jordan

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: Bootsie624

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from the Land of Enchantment.
Stumbled on this forum looking for reviews of the Gazelle T4 Plus and really liked how people treated each other when replying to posts.
Wife and I live in Albuquerque spent most of my life here in NM, experienced Overlander been doing Overlanding since before they called it Overlanding .
2016 Toyota 4R Trail , 3" lift, RSG sliders, 275R 70x17 BFG KO2's, Gobi Stealth rack. Her name is "Guilty Pleasure"

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Just drove through Albuquerque last week, love that part of the country.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone

I am Hector and I recently got my 4Runner, this is a new experience for me, just trying to hit the road and see new places, have new experiences, learn how to properly go off-roading, get better at camping, finding nice places to camp out or just capture the moments.

1) Picture!
2) San Diego
3) 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
4) Novice experience.
5) I have gone to: Blair valley, Anza borrego, Yosemite.
6) Near future to go to: Baja, Joshua tree, and San Luis Gonzaga bay

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, my wife and I live in Central NJ and new to the Overland scene. We primarily do a lot of hiking (Covered a bunch of the appalachian trail in several states) and have had talks of some road trips traveling/camping so I just picked up a Chevy Colorado to start working on and pushing us closer to some exciting adventures. As far as my vehicle it is brand new and ready to get dirty, so far just ordered a bed cap and working on a sleep system/storage plan. We usually camp in the middle of nowhere miles in on the trail so most of our gear is very lightweight and technical. Now looking out for some gear leaning towards car camping.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

My name is Matthew. I live in upper Upstate NY, about 20 miles from the Canadian border. My wife Kristy and I have been overlanding for about 8 years now. We started with all our gear in/on our 2007 Jeep Liberty, then to a utility trailer behind the Jeep, and finally to a custom (IE: home built) off-road teardrop trailer. Not long after the teardrop was finished, we replaced the Jeep with a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser. That brings us to the current (and, brand new to us) setup, which is just beginning the design phase: a 2014 Dodge Ram 2500HD 4x4 which will have a custom expedition camper on the back.

Once we get this project complete, we plan to either take a leave of absence from work (in Kristy's case) or quit (my case) and spend several months touring the western United States.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OBers,

My name is Alex and I am from Luxembourg, western Europe.
Depending on the needs I am driving different cars. A VW T4 syncro for camping tours, a Cherokee KJ for mudding and a Cherokee KL for daily drive and overlanding.
My 4x4 experience can truly be classified as novice though I learned pretty much since driving 4x4s/AWDs.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: John Smith