Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I have been a member for over a year but have yet to post. I live in Tucson AZ and am trying to get more involved in overlanding. I am a wilderness paramedic and volunteer with search and rescue and I am familiar with the back country but usually by foot or helicopter. Looking forward to personal adventure by vehicle. I currently have a 2013 Jeep JK but I should be receiving my gladiator within the next two weeks.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien. Brien lives in Tuscon and runs a local meet-up also. Contact him here on the forum for info.

HiJeffinition

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Maumee, OH, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Young
Member #

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!
Thank you!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! New member here. I’ve been lurking and watching this community for a while now. I am glad to finally be a member! I currently have a 2018 Ram Power Wagon and have big plans for it in the future! I am currently outside of Austin, TX and am looking forward to getting to know other overlanders and learn from them!

View attachment 102373

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I joined at Overland Expo West 2019. I had been thinking about it since last year's Overland Expo and after watching MANY Overland Bound and others videos I did Mbr No.18617. Looking forward to meeting you all on the trails one day. I drive a pretty much stock 2007 FJ Cruiser I call the Battlestar Talon or Talon for short, which we bought in 2017. My wife and I have only done a few runs and 3 camping trips so far. I want to just get on a dirt road and see what is out there. That is our motto: "Let's see what's out there!" I have some armor on the bottom and did the scuba mod and mostly small mods to make the Talon uniquely mine. I am getting ready to go to the FJ Summit next month (Anyone going?). Really looking forward to that!

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien who also lives in Tucson and runs the local meet-up

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to be a part of the community. I've been watching OB youtube for a few years now. I have road tripped and camped for most of my life but most was never off any main roads.

Soon to be living in Columbus, GA
I have a 2006 Tacoma TRD sport
I would say I have a moderate level of experience.
View attachment 102368

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! New member here. Member number 18389 to be exact.

I live in the Ft. Worth side of the D/FW metroplex.

Rig:
2007 Ford F250 6.0 diesel 4x4. I leveled the front and put Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on it because I liked the look. Got a hold of some hand me down KC Hilites and mounted them to my grille guard. Otherwise, it's bone stock.

Experience:
Total newbie. Grew up camping, did bous scouts, and even went so far as a week of primitive camping with a group of friends. Loved it. But that was 25 years ago. Fast forward to now and my youngest son and I are camping again and want to get some more adventures under our belt. Our current goal is to start small and work up to BBNP next Spring Break.

Been reading a lot and researching like mad. Looking forward to getting out more.

Overland Bound Meetups

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
DFW Monthly Recurring Overland Bound Meet

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien on the forum

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi ya'
New member, from Orange County, CA.
' 19 Subie xtrek - Stock for now
New to overlanding. I have been backpacking/camping for years. Been following some youtube overlanding channels for sometime.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Overland Bound, my name is Jason. I have been off roading and motorcycle riding most of my life. As I grew up I relaized being a full time "house cat" was not satisfying enough for me, I felt that I needed to be out in the world to have a better connection/understanding of life and environment we exist within. I chose to live in my vehicle fultime at age 22 so I can acheive stronger finacial stability and have more adventure in my life. I recently decided to change my overland vehicle of choice and sold my Jeep Cherokee XJ to purchace and build up a 2003 Model Range Rover Sport. The build is still in its youth but so far I am very happy I made the change. Although Rovers have their reputation, I refuse to allow that to stop me from building the vehicle to be a king of the trails. I see the Range Rover as a catalistic vehicle of its time for inovation, helping pave the way for off road enthusiasts like us. My plan is to use this stock model as a principle starting point, and upgrade/replace any components that may not be up to modern standards. I am a mechanic/engeneer at heart and in mind, so for me building a vehicle is a far more attractive decision opposed to purchasing a new one for a large sum of money. Dont get me wrong all these modern on road/off raod factory hybirds are amazing works of art and I admire them greatly. I would just prefer to spend that money on building my own machine to run with the big dogs at hopefully half the price. lol I discovered Overland Bound and several other like minded online accounts during my research and was beyond excited to see that the movment has become somthing so massive. I have also launched my own media platform in hopes to help bridge my following to communities like Overland Bound. In my free time I enjoy practicing audio engineering and music production. My goal is to be a sort of intersection from those rehlms to these, and hopefully spark as much inspiration as possible. I am a huge admirer of Michael and his team for their success and detail in their project. When I discovered this forum becoming a member and getting behind his movement was a no brainer. I look forward to getting more involved as my build pogresses, as of now I am parked so I can do some work on my projects and get ready to get back out on the road.

Safe travels,

Cheers!

View attachment 102308

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob

Reactions: spacejaysun

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member from San Anselmo Ca
2017 Sprinter 4x4 high top 144View attachment 102304

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob and your closest Member Rep is @Magic Mike

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Hey there, new register from Salt Lake City, UT. Driving a 2000 Toyota 4Runner and pulling a small utility trailer. I'm a lifetime camper and Scouter with a couple years of driving trails. Working on building up the rig and trailer on a budget for overloading weekend-warrior style with the family. Having a blast learning and building as I go. Cheers!

(Note: the camping image below is on family property just off the main road in. Always travel and camp on designated trails!)

View attachment 103059View attachment 103060
View attachment 103063View attachment 103064
Welcome! I always love a budget build. Keep an eye on rally points and meet ups here and we'll see you around!

Reactions: Codebeagle

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everybody!

New member here (18393).

Currently Afghanistan, but I live in North Carolina

Rig:
2013 JKU on 2.5" JSpec lift and 35's.

Experience:
I have some intermediate offroading experience, but I'd like to start spending more of my leave time exploring and camping with the family.

View attachment 102293

Overland Bound Meetups

When home you are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,
Super excited to finally join the Community after 10+ years of wanting to get more involved.

I'm from the Austin, TX area (Georgetown)

Rig:
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (stock for now...)

Experience:
Being relatively new to Overlanding, I'll be combing the forum for knowledge and ideas. I've done plenty of car-based tent camping with friends, but have limited myself to local areas.
I love the idea of pushing further out to anywhere I can drive and accessing places that are not as commonly available.

View attachment 102261

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,my name is Gary Tran ( not very much English)
From San Jose California
Rig 2003 gx470
Overland experience : no. Want to learn
Do I need to mod to overland? Please let me know

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: trangary46

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm located in Eastern Wisconsin

2017 Toyota 4Runner Trd Off Premium w/ KDSS and N-fab T1464R Nerf Bars. Otherwise currently bone stock. I have been looking into and researching some suspension and tire options at the moment.

Experience Level is novice/newbie. Have put the family, pets and some gear in the vehicle and made it into lightly wooded areas for a weekend. Always looking for more adventures to go on.

Looking forward to getting to interact within the communityView attachment 102217

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2019 Wrangler JLUR
Overland Experience: Novice (although plenty of camping)
Why Overlanding?: I want to start exploring with a fun/capable vehicle

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Hey there, new register from Salt Lake City, UT. Driving a 2000 Toyota 4Runner and pulling a small utility trailer. I'm a lifetime camper and Scouter with a couple years of driving trails. Working on building up the rig and trailer on a budget for overloading weekend-warrior style with the family. Having a blast learning and building as I go. Cheers!

(Note: the camping image below is on family property just off the main road in. Always travel and camp on designated trails!)

View attachment 103059View attachment 103060
View attachment 103063View attachment 103064
Welcome! I grew up in Northern Utah, and now live in southern Utah.. nice setup, look forward to meeting up with you sometime.. reach out if you need anything!

Reactions: Codebeagle

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just became a member after talking with Michael at Overland Expo West. Looking to connect with other overlanders from the Northeast.

Vehicle: 2019 Jeep Rubicon, stock with a Gobi Stealth rack and IKamper Skycamper 2x RTT.

Experience: Novice, but just came off a 30 day, 7,200 mile solo trip to Arizona with 29 days in the RTT at dispersed and established campgrounds.

Remainder of 2019 goal is to explore New England - NH, VT, & ME

Looking to create memories from my overlanding through photography.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Hank Outdoors . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, we are Thomas and Anna (plus our dog Chester). We live in Reno, NV and drive a 2017 Jeep JK Wrangler.

Overland Bound Meetups

The Reno Overlanding Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details.
US West - Reno Overlanding Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding